News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 621917 times)

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4200 on: September 20, 2017, 08:17:00 am »
I'm surprised nobody hacked HUNTER X HUNTER into a Castlevania game yet, or at least translated it!
A Castlevania clone for the GBC by Konami released in Japan only, has a proper whip and everything:

Full review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgmRnLdJCYw

cool, i never knew about this game! gonna play it now (edit - this game is AWESOME, but i can tell it's probably not playable to an English only person, like me. it is much more intricate than it's GB/GBC Castlevania brothers. Much more akin to the GBA Castlevania games) i really wish someone would at least come along and translate it, turning it into a Castlevania would be cool too

also, i have a very useful hack idea. i wish someone would hack TLoZ:ALttP GBA version to have

---the excellent changes present in this SNES version hack ( http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2594/ ) by ShadowOne333

--- these 2 ESSENTIAL hacks( http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2570/ ) removing voice
      and ( http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3452/ ) getting rid of Link's pink hair

and most importantly
--- a way to access and implement the GBA bonuses without having to use/play 4 Swords
or
--- a way to implement 4 Swords gameplay in certain areas (like dream sequences maybe) and have them Unlock the GBA bonus areas and techniques
or
---- a way to play 4 Swords in single player
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:04:09 am by IAmCaptPlanet »

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: September 20, 2017, 04:23:12 pm »
So, here's a couple of ideas:
River City Ransom turned into a Ryū ga Gotoku (Yakuza) spin off
and
Kazuma Kiryu and Majima Goro (using Project X Zone 2 sprites) for Streets of Rage.

2tack

• View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: September 20, 2017, 05:59:44 pm »
For Breath of Fire 1 and 2. Hacks that allow you to add/remove Ryu at normal party change screens.

justin3009

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: September 21, 2017, 10:09:09 am »
For Breath of Fire 1 and 2. Hacks that allow you to add/remove Ryu at normal party change screens.

This is something is ultimately like to do in BOFII but I noticed that it can destroy cut scenes. I think he HAS to be in the party at all times but I think he could be shifted in the present party.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

9intend0

• View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: September 21, 2017, 11:49:24 am »
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but a Paper Mario: TTYD hack showcasing the adventures Luigi supposedly had. It would be based off of the in-game L books you can buy and whatever Luigi tells you. I would work on parts of it myself but as far as I know there is no tool like Star Road for TTYD. It would be nice one day...

mysticpanda

• View Profile
Request: Sonic Advanced series Lvl Editor?
« Reply #4205 on: September 22, 2017, 07:59:35 am »
Im not very experienced in hacking so I dont know how difficult it would be. But I really want to know if anyone is capable of making a level editor that doesnt only let you modify where all the tiles are placed but also where all objects and spawns for Sonic and Badniks are. We got one for Sonic Advance but it was incomplete and I guess the person didnt have enough time to work on a version compatible with Advance 2 & 3 as they planned. I'd do this on my own if I could find a good learning resource for it.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: September 22, 2017, 01:11:01 pm »
Hmmm, maybe there should be a rom hack of Sailor Moon's beat 'em up games where you play as Tuxedo Kamen or the Shinntou.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
    • Project List - Updated Rarely
« Reply #4207 on: September 22, 2017, 02:27:31 pm »
Either
  • A) A level editor for the arcade version of Cameltry
  • B) A new levels hack for the arcade version of Cameltry, with new gimmicks
  • B) Or a Randomizer for the same

This version is obviously far superior to the SNES version
and has great physics that vary between the chosen characters,
but even on the hardest difficulty it's too easy and lacks content.

An overhaul of Time Lord for NES would be cool too,
just keep the title screen, music, and level themes,
scrap everything else and redo it as a better beat-em up.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:23:18 am by SleepyFist »
Sleepy's tune of the week: 【東方アレンジ】Cafe de Touhouメドレー - https://youtu.be/EJJ0vmMMTFw

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: September 24, 2017, 11:05:58 pm »
Either
  • A) A level editor for the arcade version of Cameltry
  • B) A new levels hack for the arcade version of Cameltry, with new gimmicks
  • B) Or a Randomizer for the same

This version is obviously far superior to the SNES version
and has great physics that vary between the chosen characters,
but even on the hardest difficulty it's too easy and lacks content.

An overhaul of Time Lord for NES would be cool too,
just keep the title screen, music, and level themes,
scrap everything else and redo it as a better beat-em up.

Yeah! I wouldn't mind seeing this turn into a better game.

Zynk

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: September 25, 2017, 04:15:27 am »
The game - https://www.romhacking.net/games/1833/ - is actually "Castlevania" in MSX, but title is "Vampire Killer".

Maybe someone wants to change the title to "Castlevania"?  :o

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: September 25, 2017, 11:15:16 am »
Maybe someone can do a Roll-Chan version for Rockman & Forte/Megaman and Bass?

Zynk

• Submission Reviewer
  • WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: September 25, 2017, 07:56:37 pm »
Maybe someone can do a Roll-Chan version for Rockman & Forte/Megaman and Bass?
Spoiler:

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: September 26, 2017, 10:57:06 am »
Ninja Gaiden with all cutscenes stringed together where the intro one plays before the title screen. Same can be done with the sequels.

Oziez

• View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: September 26, 2017, 03:14:55 pm »
I'm looking to see if anyone can create a Trainer for the Gameboy Advance Game "Yugioh: The Sacred Cards".
As it stands the game is a complete loss of potential. Despite being able to obtain great strategies and combos with the cards provided in the game, the npcs do not have any sort of proper structure to their decks and other than the final duel against Marik, their is literally no challenge do to the poor structure of enemy decks. With this trainer i would like to be able to change all NPC decks as well as level progression (Duelist Level/Deck Capacity/Card Costs) as both are very unbalanced, and if possible, edit the cards and pictures allowing me to create new cards or change existing cards.

Willing to help out where i can, my dad is a novice programmer however has a good understanding with guidance and agreed to help. Send me a P.M. to discuss this further or reply in thread with any questions.

Game seems to be coded very simply, and if we can figure out how to extract the script, we might be able to do this with minimal help.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: September 26, 2017, 04:41:22 pm »
Generally speaking a trainer is a means to have selectable cheats hardpatched into a game so you don't have to rely on your emulator or flash cart having them, or having a gameshark or something. There are ways to simply hardpatch patch them into GBA games if you like, these days most would use a tool called GBAATM.

As for editing card game AI.
Short version. Don't go there, can't really be done.
Longer version. Read https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/duels-planeswalkers-all-about-ai-2014-02-13
The 360 is a reasonably modern design of CPU clocked in the GHz, with enough memory and storage to be useful.
The GBA has an old CPU design (ARM has never been advanced and the ARM7 especially not) and screams along at just over 16MHz, about 300K of memory when all is said and done, and 32 megabytes of storage. It would also face all the same problems with numbers of choices that the article linked covered.

Card games are made for such devices so you can play link games with your friends. The CPU/AI/story in card games is there as so much training for that.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: September 26, 2017, 09:16:08 pm »
And the AI in GBA YGO games are already smart, even resorting to cheating at times. They just hold back. You know they might cheat when they take a long time between each action anyone does.

standigz

• View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: September 27, 2017, 04:05:10 pm »
I may have mentioned this before, and for that I apologise, I was recently reminded when a GBA Doom II texture hack was made that restored some gory visuals that were censored in that version.

I remembered that Wolfenstein 3D on the SNES has a dumped prototype rom that is mostly playable yet unpolished.  What it does have over the finished version is blood on the sprites of the dead Nazis, Iron cross graphics are present.  'Hister' is mentioned too, still somewhat censored.

The SNES version of Wolfenstein is not remembered well and I believe swapping some prototype graphics and editing some text could right some historic wrongs.

BKYooka64

• View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: September 27, 2017, 09:11:29 pm »
Using Banjo's Backpack and the confines of the engine of Banjo Kazooie or Tooie, along with some 3d Models (there are some from The-Regressor), converting Yooka-Laylee to an N64 game correctly (so it'll work on real hardware) (minimizing the worlds, fixing some of the game, and possibly making some parts of it less tedius (and have more classic platforming and mini-games instead of what was featured within YL.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: September 28, 2017, 03:34:54 am »
I would rather see a pure uncensored hack for the SNES port of Wolfenstein 3D that will restore all the Nazi references, the guard dogs, the red blood, Hitler's gory death, the correct stage 1 music and the voice tracks for both the enemies and the bosses from the Jaguar port.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: September 28, 2017, 06:12:57 am »
If anyone ever cares about Mega Man GB 5 (AKA Rockman World 5, AKA Mega Man V, AKA Mega Man V on the Game boy), here's a list of proposed changes:
  • Colorize it in the same way that Tyrian 2000 GB is in full color on Game Boy Color despite being a .GB game.
  • Improve the game's speed. It's a minor tweak actually.
  • Give better air control and prevent the player from sliding all around.
  • Make it so that Mega Arm power up gained from Game Over can be kept. Via password or...
  • Saving system. (Save by pressing Select in the Password or Continue screen. Should ask for confirmation)
  • Give the ability to Select Weapon freely by pressing Select.
  • Lastly, weapon icons.