News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2049923 times)

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3760 on: April 13, 2017, 06:22:43 am »
Upgrade for Sonic The Hedgehog (NES) 2.0 patch
( ideas for new patch ) :thumbsup:

- apply cut to the sea sprite of the intro game, and apply it in the sea of the all level "Green Hill Zone" as intro game
- redraw sprite for Sonic with original skin color on mouth-belly-arm and ear (apply it in face life counter)
- sky new colour palette
- add text intro press start
- redraw better graphical counter ring / time
- redraw to improve poster end of level
- redraw improve monitors
- coloring mountains in "green hill zone"
- include emeralds and extra lives in special zone
- redraw colour dr. robotnik in his mobile
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:47:07 am by cartridge_rom »

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: April 13, 2017, 09:33:30 am »
Parallax scrolling in all battle backgrounds in Phantasy Star III as the japanese version ...

(I know it's the black sheep in the series, but I still like it, it was the second RPG I played in my life, the first was PS 1 ...)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:49:45 am by darthvaderx »

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: April 13, 2017, 10:16:10 am »
Sorry for bumping this post, but I don't want it to be ignored, and I can't make a thread about it because of your rules. I'm pretty sure it's possible, so here it goes again:

Hey, I have a hacking request:

Have you heard of Capcom Arcade Hits Volume 1? If not then: http://rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/SF/C/pc.html

I'm pleased to say that it IS arcade perfect, as it's just an emulator with encrypted ROMs. Unfortunately, as the compilation was designed for Windows 98/XP, the sound WILL NOT work on ANY Windows after XP. I've tried to get it to work, but it won't.

So I have two options now:
a. Install Windows XP under VirtualBox and play the compilation under that environment...
b. Have you guys find a way to decrypt the ROMs and make them usable in Final Burn Alpha or MAME...

I'd only do a if I have absolutely no other choice, so let's try b.
PM me if you're up to trying to decrypt the ROMs and I'll send you the compilation as an ISO...

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #3763 on: April 13, 2017, 10:29:11 am »
What is the point of it if there is mame?

AWJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: April 13, 2017, 01:37:23 pm »
Here's one that wouldn't be easy... but I think it might be possible:

An MMC5 hack for NES Double Dragon 2 that takes advantage of separate sprite/BG CHR banks to allow different types of enemies to appear at the same time, and to allow weapons to persist between fights, like in the arcade version.

You'd have to rearrange all the sprites in the CHR ROM to work as 8x16 sprites, and put all the weapon sprites and the sprites that spilled over from the 8x16 conversion into a common bank. I'm not sure if you could make it all fit--most of the characters in DD2 are 40 pixels tall, so there might be quite a bit of wasted ROM space in 8x16 mode. You might need to use a dynamic banking scheme, where the sprite banks change with the pose each character is in and not just with which characters are present.

I dunno, I just think it'd be cool to see an MMC5 hack that uses the mapper for something more interesting than 1 MB PRG ROM.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #3765 on: April 13, 2017, 02:23:52 pm »
Can it be done? I don't see how. The CHR page is already full with just two characters (player + an enemy). Would it reserve a smaller part of the chr to each character and change it based on which animation frame is to be played?

MysteryMan3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: April 14, 2017, 04:39:22 am »
Because I'd much rather play ROMs that I've dumped myself than download them illegally off the Internet, which I'm trying my hardest not to do anymore...

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3767 on: April 16, 2017, 05:34:13 am »
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2)

Change the transceiver portrait to revised version (Ghost Babel style) instead of original one (Mel Gibson likenesses or else)
TwitterYouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)

MagusLOGS

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3768 on: April 16, 2017, 09:11:22 am »
Wave Race (Nintendo 64)
  • Level Editor

Not exactly a Hack but i would love to see someone creating a Level Editor for one of the best looking game from the 5th Gen.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: April 17, 2017, 04:54:01 am »

contribute ideas for hack projects of pirate ports of hummer team :thumbsup:

super fighter III ( street fighter II Nes ) ;)

- redraw some sprites, apply graphic improvements
- new color palette for the characters and stages as genesis version
- add names fighters and add texts at the end of the fighting
- add character select screen of super street fighter II as the game boy or master system
- add intro screen original street fighter II
- make the musical cut ask the user "Ti" to collaborate with the project
- the patch could be: street fighter II deluxe

here you link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC-srP6ZKM8

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: April 17, 2017, 09:24:21 am »
Not to mention, the B option probably couldn't be on RHDN anyway for the same reason as why patches that help certain games to be emulated are out (and also the actual rule as to why he can't make a thread about it).

Dragoonglue

• View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: April 17, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »
Can you submit this patch over RHDN rather than in MEGA?
I don't think I can. After all, this patch converts a ROM into one that is still being officially sold today.

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: April 18, 2017, 01:13:45 am »
If I'm not mistaken, but didn't Grandia 2 had some technical issues with the PS2 version? I think some bug patching could be done for it if possible.

Also I always thought the game was a bit too easy if you were to grind on every enemy you spotted, the bosses could use some sprucing up to make the game a bit more challenging.

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3773 on: April 18, 2017, 01:44:36 am »
I don't think I can. After all, this patch converts a ROM into one that is still being officially sold today.

I seeā€¦ Got the VC patch working plus with BiFi English Translation :laugh:

TwitterYouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: April 18, 2017, 05:04:47 am »
If someone fix Super Robin Hood for NES so i't can be played on NES Classic Mini I would appriciate that also there is text glich in Captain America and Avengers on NES Classic Mini - game is playable but text and pause menu is messed up and is not bad rom (tested).  :beer:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 05:10:16 am by TonyBiH »

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: April 21, 2017, 09:43:31 pm »
So, for Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, I think we could have a patch that simultaneously does the features of:
Improving Graphics
Fix Luck Rig
Remove Touchscreen Usage

Of course, INDIVIDUALLY there's a patch that does these, but not an "All in one", but the "All in one" could also fix some things...
1. Make Balore Soul more relevant somehow, maybe by giving it the ability to see the drop rate of souls in percentage.
2. Fix the Balore Block freeze that happens when you try to attack the blocks with certain weapons (problem in "Remove Touchscreen" patch).

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: April 21, 2017, 10:06:05 pm »
So, for Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, I think we could have a patch that simultaneously does the features of:
Improving Graphics
Fix Luck Rig
Remove Touchscreen Usage

Of course, INDIVIDUALLY there's a patch that does these, but not an "All in one", but the "All in one" could also fix some things...
1. Make Balore Soul more relevant somehow, maybe by giving it the ability to see the drop rate of souls in percentage.
2. Fix the Balore Block freeze that happens when you try to attack the blocks with certain weapons (problem in "Remove Touchscreen" patch).
You mean these three?

Improved graphics: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3356/
Remove need of the touchscreen: http://romhacking.net/hacks/3408/
Fix luck: http://server.romhacking.net/hacks/3407/

You can combine them without issues, I combined them all and that's what I'm playing currently.

Btw the Balore glitch when you try to attack the ice blocks has already been pointed out, and it seems to be fixed, just not available in the acual hack's page at the moment, you can find it in the DSVania Editor thread.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:24:44 pm by ShadowOne333 »

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: April 22, 2017, 12:14:13 am »
Btw the Balore glitch when you try to attack the ice blocks has already been pointed out, and it seems to be fixed, just not available in the acual hack's page at the moment, you can find it in the DSVania Editor thread.

Well, there was no knowing that the Editor thread had the patch....

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: April 22, 2017, 12:58:23 pm »
A couple of things I'd like to see.
Street Fighter Alpha 2 or 3 converted into a new version of Street Fighter 1 with all 10 characters playable and Sagat without the scar as the final boss.

Dragon Quest VI for Super Famicom with the current translation finished or take the Ds translation and apply it for a complete work.

Chaos Rush's translation of Final Fantasy III fixed to work with real hardware with the multiply bug and overflow errors corrected.

An NES version of Wily Tower.

A title change for Bare Knuckle III to Streets of Rage that is compatible with the current translation.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: April 22, 2017, 05:36:09 pm »
A Link to the Past, Less Linear edition

- All three normal world dungeons accesible after the intro. All dark world dungeons accesible after getting into the dark world for the first time. That would mean: either remove the need for certain items to access them, or have all puzzle related items available at that point and replace dungeon prizes with other stuff, like big chests of rupiees or other optional weapons normally available elsewhere.
- Ganon accesible as soon as you reach dark world, so you can try to beat it at whatever point you feel confident to do so, like Breath of the Wild (or Chrono Trigger for that matter).

Would love something similar for Ocarina of Time too but I guess that's another league...