News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1192705 times)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3221 on: September 10, 2016, 02:12:49 am »
While we're talking about compiling requests
This guy got it all  :police:
Quote from: Unmon
This staff of mine has transformed itself into a dragon and has swallowed up the universe! Oh, where are the rivers and mountains and the great earth?

vysethebold

• View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: September 10, 2016, 06:22:54 pm »
I would love if someone hacked all of the extra features of 3D Gunstar Heroes for 3DS onto the Genesis ROM.  These features were awesome: on the fly fixed/free shot selection and you can pick any weapon you want on the fly.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 11, 2016, 01:15:33 am »
I fulfilled the FFIX Thunder Slash request (though it's more of a tutorial).  There's also the SMAS title screen hack.

I dunno about cataloging them though.  Some are impossible or near such to be done correctly via hacking, like the Pokemon all regions thing due to balance.

True, I was the one who made that request.

renegade74

• View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: September 11, 2016, 02:19:57 am »
syke! welcome back to 1990 when people said that dork. btw- you are a coward saying this now 2 weeks since anyone has posted anything here.

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3225 on: September 11, 2016, 09:58:04 am »
EDIT:  nevermind.  This really isn't worth it.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: September 11, 2016, 01:23:29 pm »
EDIT:  nevermind.  This really isn't worth it.

Come on Disch, live a little. :)
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Rotwang

• View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: September 11, 2016, 01:49:18 pm »
syke! welcome back to 1990 when people said that dork. btw- you are a coward saying this now 2 weeks since anyone has posted anything here.

Yeah welcome back to the 1990s when people said "dork" and listened to Metallica and couldn't do their own rom hacks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:11:07 pm by Rotwang »

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: September 11, 2016, 01:53:21 pm »
Here is my Hack Ideas that i've posted through the years.

Ducktales 1 & 2 NES - 

Give Scrooge Mcduck and the beagle boys their cartoon color scheme.

Ducktales 2 NES - 

Fix the diaglogue so Gyro and launchpad call Scrooge mr . Mcduck or Mr- Mc-D like the original.

Bionic Commando NES - 

The no censorship hack is awesome, so now the only thing bugging me is that the Nazi's are wearing neon pink uniforms, a fix to give them grey, black or brown uniforms would improve.

Robocop NES - 

a simple palette hack to make Murphy grey instead of blue.

Friday the 13th NES - 

this game could really use a full makeover, but till one is made, i'm simply satisfied with a change in Jasons color scheme from purple to blue, and the mask to white.

Fixed - SCD made a hack http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2335/

Godzilla NES - 

if someone could get rid of that stupid time limit, this game would be much better.

Castlevania 3 NES -

It would be really cool, if one could remake the sprites on Trevor and Alucard to look a bit more like their later apperances.

The Adventures of Bayou Billy NES -

I really like the mad city version with it's much easier difficulty, but i miss the sound effects and the graphics from the american version, so a simple difficult hack to the american version would be superb.

Back to the future NES - 

Well it will still not be a better game, but the music in game is the power of love sped up to unrecognisable. A slow down of the music, and a simple sprite hack to make the ingame person look more like Marty, and it would atleast look a bit more like Back to the future.

partly Fixed - pacnsacdave made a hack http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2638/

Journey to Silius NES -

I heard this game was supposed to be a Terminator game, so a graphic and text hack to make the game look more like Terminator would be awesome.

Double Dragon 1-3 NES

A simple change of Billy and Jimmy's hair just to make them more accurate.

Super Mario World - SNES

With all of the Super Mario World hacks, i am surprised to see that no one has atempted to restore the Koopalings to their super mario bros 3 colors.

Wizards and Warriors 1-3 NES

I have always wondered why the in game sprite of Kuros look nothing like the artwork, don't know if it can be done, but a sprite hack of Kuros to make him look more conanesque like the artwork would be cool.

Battle Toads NES -

Just a simple shades and Gloves hack to Different between Zits and Rash.

Toki NES -

The sprite of Toki in the Nes version looks way to cute compared to the other versions, a sprite make over would be good.

The Legend of Zelda

With all the re-translation hacks for Simon's Quest and other Engrish ridden games, i'm suprised to see no re-translations for the original Legend of Zelda, which have some really cryptic engrish in it (Eastmost Peninsula is the Secret for an exemple)

So a text/re-translation clean up patch for Legend of Zelda with hints that actually makes senser, would be a nice project.

fixed - Killerbob made a hack: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2777/

Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge

I would like to see a graphical overhaul of Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge.

When the precursor game looks better, you have done something wrong.

Top Gear SNES

I was watching Top Gear, and thought that now when the original trio is no longer on the show, how about a hack of the Top Gear game? 

Some things that can be changed is:

Exchange the Title Music to a arranged version of Jessica.

Exhange the racer character to the Stig and one of his cousins as player 2

Change the speech bubbles to quotes from the show like "Oh Cock" "How hard could it be?" and "Pooooweeeer!"

The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

After i've been trying Killerbob's awesome Loz Relocalized hack, i've would really like a relocalization of Legend of Zelda 2 as well, making the script a bit less stilted and more natural, and once for all solve the mystery of Bug & Error which got lost in the original localization.

Final Fantasy II NES

Final Fantasy II NES - Give Firion an 8-bit version of his Final Fantasy Origins sprite, and also make his portrait match that sprite.

Ghosts N Goblins NES

Since i'm a bit alergic to engrish, i would love to have a hack for Ghosts N' Goblins for NES to rewrite the bad engrish in the game.

If it also could be combined with WolfTeam22 Makai-Mura AC - (Arcade Conversion) hack it would be super.

Thats all of my hack ideas.

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3229 on: September 11, 2016, 02:14:48 pm »
I'm in the works on making a Duck Tales 2 level hack, I also plan on fixing the text that you mentioned. 💣🔪🔫🔫🔪💣

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: September 11, 2016, 02:18:11 pm »
I will do it for $8000, you can pay me half now and the other half when it is finished.

Hahaha SYKE! Here's a free reality check for you though: nobody is ever going to make your hack.

LMFAO

With the time that's been spent bitching and whining for others to do work you yourself want to see done to a game, you could've already figured out a large portion of the shit you need to know to just do it yourself. Such as:

GRAPHICS - download Tile Layer Pro or YYCHR. Hell download em both, and dick around the rom of the game  you're working with. Chances are you'll find half-to-most of the game's graphics. Or all them if the game doesn't use Compression.

DATA - download Windhex. It's a hex editor with table file support (if you can't find text in the game right off the bat, chances are you need a table)

EDITOR - If the game you wanna mess with is popular, chances are there's an editor for changing around some aspect or another with more ease than with a hex editor

ROM MAP - Go to the Games section of the site, and search for the game you're wanting to fuck with. If there's a ROM or RAM map available, then you'll have a nice list of all kinds of useful shit concerning said game. If there's any previously found info on the game's music engine there's a good chance you'll find it there.

If that's too much work or you just don't feel like putting in the effort, nothing wrong with that. But if that's the case then move on to something else and stop wasting everyone's time

Yeah welcome back to the 1990s when people said "dork" and listened to Metallica and couldn't do their own rom hacks.

EDIT: hahahaha I just found this in my private messages, this guy is a living caricature.

You forgot to mention your steel-toed combat boots!

90's Metallica sucks. 80's Metallica is deh shit.  I couldn't stand them after Black Album outside of maybe 4-5 songs. That "Yeah-yeahhhh-YA" bullshit is more annoying than an Alleyway Root Canal. ;)
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Rotwang

• View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: September 11, 2016, 02:35:56 pm »
Ah, I edited the quote out of my reply because it seemed like there was more humor to milk from this, but since you quoted my post before my edit, here's the PM again:

here's a reality check bozo - be glad I'm not near your home town...dont be a coward, soon you'l be messing with the wrong individual who will knock your pussy ass out.

Prosecutor: "Mr. Renegade74, please explain to the court why you assaulted the plaintiff."
Renegade74: "You see, he told me that nobody would hack Bio Miracle Baby Upa for me."

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: September 11, 2016, 02:55:46 pm »
For the first time ever, I genuinely think I'm getting too old for this.   :)

9-11-16:  Disch officially becomes an old fart

Rotwang

• View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: September 11, 2016, 02:58:01 pm »
C'mon Disch, we got us a live one here. Show some spirit.

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: September 11, 2016, 03:19:23 pm »
Bwahhaaha  @ Rotwang's pre-edited post :laugh:

Anyway, on the subject of Metallica... I was an angsty teen once  -- back in the mid to late 90s.  So I was a fan.  I never cared for Kill 'em All, but I dug pretty much every other original album.  I even liked Load and Reload.  But after that they just started doing a bunch of cover albums and didn't put out any original material for a really long time.  Worse than that, they (specifically Lars Ulrich) became the figurehead in the fight against Napster and the rising of internet piracy -- while most other respectable musicians of the time (like Smashing Pumpkins) were on the other side of the fence, saying the industry was entirely lobsided and record labels were screwing artists and fans alike.

So after that -- along with me kind of growing into adulthood at the time -- I kind of lost respect for and stopped caring about Metallica.  I still listened to them every now and then... but meh.  Keep in mind this was late 90s early 00s.  So when they finally made St. Anger in 2003 I kind of stopped caring.  In fact I don't think I've ever heard a song off that album.  And I guess they made another album in 2008?  I completely missed that.

But yeah as a kid, Metallica was a lot of fun.  As an adult, I find them more hilarious than good.  I mean... metal rides this line of trying to be tough and cool and hardcore, while simultaneously having some of the stupidest and most melodramatic lyrics ever.  Like they played a lot of D&D and take it waaaaaay too seriously.

Seriously... have you guys actually sat down and listened to what they're saying?  Here are some highlights:

"Freezing.  Can't move at all.
Screaming
Can't hear my call
I am dying to live
Cry out
I'm trapped under ice"

"Fearless wretch
Insanity
He watches
Lurking beneath the sea
Great old one
Forbidden site
He searches
Hunter of the shadows is rising
Immortal
In madness you dwell"

"I feast on sympathy
I chew on suffer
I chew on agony
Swallow whole the pain
Oh it's too good to be
All this misery"

Comedy gold.

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: September 11, 2016, 05:29:54 pm »
That would be sweet, since i am one of the few who like the sequell more than the first game, in my opinion it does all the first game did but improves on it.

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
« Reply #3236 on: September 11, 2016, 10:32:45 pm »
I've been told by a hacker that the availability of some sort of documented data, an advanced editor level download can likely help with this.

:huh:

need a music guy on a separate note.....let me know if you're out there.

Thank you!

I'm here. But you were rude to my protege, so...  :P

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: September 11, 2016, 11:13:12 pm »
It's been a while since I posted my list, but...

*sighs*

...here I go once again.

Here's my updated list of dream romhacks that I wish someone or some people could make, sumday. This time I made it shorter, I took some unnecesary stuff away, and I modified them for clarity:

-Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic! (Famicom)/Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)/Super Mario Advance (GBA)-

1. A remake of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic! (Dream Factory: Heart-Pounding Panic!) using the Super Mario Advance engine.

2. An FDS to NES (re)port of Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic! (Dream Factory: Heart-Pounding Panic!) to Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario USA ROM as the base.

-Super Metroid (SNES)/Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)-

3. A remake of Super Metroid to the Game Boy Advance, using the Metroid: Zero Mission game engine

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past & Four Swords(GBA)-

4. Removing the Four Swords partition (and everything related to it) of the GBA remake of The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, just so it could be single-player only, standalone game. People might think that this might be like some kind of autoboot patch, but is not just that. I really/literally want everything that has to do with Four Swords from the remake removed just so TLOZ: A Link To The Past can be a single-player game.

-Wolfenstein 3D/Doom/Doom II for GBA-

5. A complete restoration of everything that has been censored and upgrade, for the GBA versions of  Wolfenstein 3D (thank you for telling me DurrandonXylles from Starmen.net) and Doom II for the GBA, just like SVKaiser's Doom Uncensoring Patch.

6. Faithful patches that fixes and restores the GBA versions of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Doom II closely to their MS-DOS versions, because a lot of people criticized these ports for being incredibly inferior to their predecessors (also due to the fact that they were made for the GBA). If you go the official Wikis of Wolfenstein and Doom, respectively, and try to find information regarding their GBA ports, you'll see the changes they made.

-Dragon Quest DS series-

7. Restoring the Dragon Quest DS games (DQ IV: Chapters of the Chosen, DQ V: Hand of the Hevanly Bride, and DQ VI: Realms of Revelation) to their original, classic predecessors.

8. ^ An addendum that actually delocalizes these Dragon Quest DS games, and restores them to their original Japanese versions.

-Final Fantasy III (NES)/Final Fantasy VII (bootleg) (NES)/Final Fanatsy IV Advance (GBA)/Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)-

9. A remake-port of Final Fantasy III (NES) to GBA using the Final Fantasy IV Advance engine

10. Bugfix patches to all of the Final Fantasy Advance games. Yes, ALL OF THEM.

11. A remake-port of Lugia2009’s version of Final Fantasy VII for NES using the Final Fantasy VI Advance GBA engine. Whoever makes the port (or remake) gets to add what Lugia2009 couldn’t add before because of the ROM size of the NES version of Final Fantasy VII.

-Color TV Games for the NES-

12. I don’t know if this can be done, but I want for someone to make a compilation of literally all of the Color TV Games for the NES. Or at least, one by one. To my knowledge, I somehow feel like Nintendo never managed to port these games for the NES. This sounds more like homebrew, in which that person recreates those games for the NES.

-Mother I + II (GBA)-

13. A complete restoration overhaul of Mother 2 (from Mother 1+2) that restores the music and sounds (because the music sounds out of place compared to its original SFC/SNES version, and is something that CAN NOT be ignored), and the palette colors (because it looks to brightened, just like the majority of GBA games that were released before the GBA SP), although @ShadowOne333 will soon be working on restoring the colors of Mother 2 to its original version.Not only this, but I also want some of the changes that were made on the GBA port to be restored. Which changes? Well not that much, but someting like this:

1) In Burglin Park, a person talks about flies landing on the food and making it tastier. The text here was altered slightly in the GBA version to make the flies' landing seem unintentional.

2) Almost every scene has scrolling effects due to the Game Boy Advance's screen size."

14. To this day, I don't know if it's possible, but I also want the music and sounds of Mother 1 (for GBA) restored to their original version, the same situation as Mother 2. It doesn't sound the same as the FC/NES version.

15. I know this may look insignificant, but every time a person goes to the game select menu of Mother 1+2 and selects a game, you can't go back to the menu (to select another game) or let alone to the start. So I thought someone could do some ASM hacking just so every time you select either Mother 1 or Mother 2 in-game, you would press the B button, to go back to the game select menu and select the other game, and vice versa.

16. Once @Jeffman is done finishing the translation of Mother 2 (for GBA), (in which he still haven't finished it to this day), I want one of the biggest request of them all: I want someone to fully port the Mother 25th Anniversary patch by @DragonDePlatino, and the MaternalBound Omega patch by @ShadowOne333 to Mother 1+2. Out of all of my requests, this is the one that I want the most.

-Somari (NES)-

17. Sonic the Hedgehog (NES) - I know that this is suppose to be a rom hack of the bootlegged Somari game, in where it changes the sprite of Mari-, er I mean, Somari, to the original Sonic, but hear me out. It would be nice if somebody hacked this game completely (colors, sprites, background, music, etc.), just so it could closely resemble its Sega Master System and Sega Game Gear versions of Sonic the Hedgehog.

If you don't know which version of the hack I'm talking about, is the first one from this list.

-Prince of Persia (SNES)-

18. Some people here talked about the Prince of Persia classic game, I would love for someone to hack the SNES version of PoP, and change the graphics to their Apple II (or at least, MS-DOS) to their original graphics. The graphics of the SNES version look nice, but I would also love if someone would change the graphics to a classic style version of the game.

19. Somebody mentioned here, that there should be a hack about adding blood in the SNES (not SFC) version of PoP.

-Super Mario World (SNES)/Mario Wacky Worlds (Phillips CDi)-

20. I want someone to recreate (and finish) the Mario Wacky Worlds prototype game but using the Super Mario World engine. It would be nice to see that.

-Star Tropics (NES)/Star Tropics 2: Zoda's Revenge (NES)-

21. I want someone to do HD-overhaul (complete graphics and game overhaul) to the Star Tropics game and its sequel. What do I mean by HD? Kinda like this hack for Alex Kidd.

Hopefully this would be done someday.

-Yoshi's Island DS (NDS)-

22. Classic Version: A complete graphics overhaul to the game so it can resemble to its (classic) predecessor which was Yoshi's Island for the Super NES and GBA. What do I mean by this? For all of those people that have played Yoshi's Island DS, you could see that the grahics were heavily changed: Shy Guys became more pudgy ( vs ), the level select looks way off ( vs ), the colors look like someone powdered them compared to the colors of its predecessors, and so much more.

23. This game should also have better control schemes, because for those that played the game, the controls were a little awkward and out of place, making the game a bit hard. If someone made the controls more accurate, I would be really happy.

-Chrono Trigger (SNES)/Chrono Trigger DS (NDS)-

24. This is gonna be doozy one: I want someone to port that long-time, cancelled Chrono Trigger hack called Crimson Echoes to the DS version of Chrono Trigger. I think the "98%" would suffice.

I told you it was gonna be a doozy. What with knowing Square-Enix's totalitarian attitude towards their IP's. (Apparently, they are far more worse than Nintendo.)

-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Akumajo Dracula X: Gekka no Yasokyoku (Sega Saturn)-

25. A few months ago, when I was looking for existing 3D platformers for the Sega Saturn, I found out that the classic 2D platformer Castlevania - Symphony of the Night had a Saturn version that released only in Japan. And not only that, but from the looks of it, it looks like nobody has translated it, despite the fact that is the same Symphony of the Night for the PS/PSOne/PSX. Only a bit more updated.

Why did I italicized the word "updated"? Because aside from the new events, stages, powerups, and playable characters, it was somehow filled with some bugs. Also, it appeared that some stages were cut down for reasons unknown. < Probably the size of the game.

So, I wish that somebody (or some people) would not just translate the game, but also bugfix the game, and add whatever stage sections, or stages per se, were cut down (if possible).

-Magic Dragon (bootleg) (Famicom/NES)/R-Type-

26. I want someone to take the Magic Dragon NES bootleg, and turn it into what it was suppose to be in the beginning: R-Type for the NES. It would be interesting to see how it would look like.

-Pitfall: The Mayan Adventures (SNES)-

27. I want someone to fix the bugs of this game, and give it a graphics overhaul a lá Super Pitfall 30th Anniversary by Nesrocks.

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3238 on: September 12, 2016, 01:12:54 am »
Here's the only Baby Upa hack out there to my knowledge, it was made by pirates back in the 90's it looks like.

IPS patch.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: September 12, 2016, 02:54:12 am »
That is an awful lot of work in some cases, work that would ultimately be quite pointless for some things and I very much doubt anybody is going to make near dos accurate versions of the classic FPS games, assuming it is even possible as the original GBA devs were likely not just being lazy or sloppy, when that is just as doable on... everything really.

You never explained why you want the four swords stuff blanked and not just an autoboot patch (plus possibly a text tweak I think it was). Some of the others would have really noticeable effects in the games in question but this would do nothing and it is not like later systems where you could delete some files. It would probably not even really help people hacking just the single player part of the game a la NES bank changing hacks as there is loads of space in most GBA games.

Your list though so have in it what you want.