News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2347861 times)

renegade74

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3180 on: September 02, 2016, 09:09:25 pm »
Hi again,

No, I appreciate the info very much. I wouldn't know how to do this stuff personally (not anytime soon anyway)....but I can try it, or perhaps relay it to a music programmer. Thanks again

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: September 03, 2016, 02:52:52 am »
I also would like to see a hack for the GameCube version of Resident Evil 4 that would add Separate Ways, the new costumes and the laser gun from the newer ports of this game to that port as well.

Play the Wii version. Use a GC Controller. It's pretty much that. You even have the bonus of not having to change the mini-dvds unlike the GC. And it's not censored like some people claim (Unless you're playing the german or japanese versions, but even then the GC and PS2 ports were censored there too).

Although I personally was very satisfied with the Wiimote+nunchuck controls. The mine launcher is ridiculously fun with it. I haven't played it with GC controller since I tried it with the wiimote. You can even use a Classic Controller.

If we have a Bust May Mod for ORAS, why not a reduced heads mod for Federation Force? :P

...Why I am not surprised?

I really want to see the flame war caused by this if for some reason it would ended being submitted here.

And then someone should drop the bomb: SHE'S 12! ... And suddenly RHDN would explode in a million pieces.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #3182 on: September 03, 2016, 03:02:53 am »
That would make the game decent enough for my eyes to be considered a serious Metroid Prime spin off and some some childish crap with that lame design for the characters.

Quote from: C.S. Lewis
Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

There's also an irony in someone complaining about media being made for children as being childish.

dACE

• View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: September 03, 2016, 06:38:52 am »
It's highly unlikely someone else will do this hack for you.

If you want this hack to happen - YOU will have to do most (if not all) of the work.

/dACE

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: September 03, 2016, 11:16:46 am »
FUN POKEMON FACTS: WOW SHE'S NOT EVEN 18 DISGUSTING
That is right.

And then someone should drop the bomb: SHE'S 12! ... And suddenly RHDN would explode in a million pieces.
If someone is suggesting a nude hack or something on those lines, I'm sure that would be rejected, because in the US, CP even of cartoon characters is probably illegal.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

renegade74

• View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: September 03, 2016, 12:10:15 pm »
I have no experience whatsoever...it'd be like asking someone to pick up a guitar for the first time and rip a solo like Kirk Hammett. I believe programmer out there would accept payment to take on my project. I'm not changing game play at all. Just need someone capable of switching levels adding a few photos and need a music guy on a separate note.....let me know if you're out there.

Thank you!

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: September 03, 2016, 12:23:17 pm »
I have no experience whatsoever...

This is why I said to temper your expectations.  Your first hacking project is not going to be some masterpiece... it's going to be a learning experience.

I believe programmer out there would accept payment to take on my project.

I've never seen any hack ever get off the ground with this approach.

dACE is right.  If you want this to happen, you'll have to do it yourself.  If you're not willing to learn and do some work yourself, this project is going nowhere.  The people with the skill and experience to do this typically either have their own projects they're working on and/or are busy with their real-life job.  Nobody is going to want to put in hours of work on someone else's project for what I'm sure is going to be much, much, much less than minimum wage.

renegade74

• View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: September 03, 2016, 01:03:43 pm »
..its not that I wouldn't personally be interested in learning this or willing to do all the work if I knew how. I'm a very hard worker having written books, music, board games, etc. I simply don't have the time or passion to go through computer programming. As you have pointed out, its extremely challenging. I'm not computer savvy and coding is a far-off other language to me. I'm sure there are programmers who will take on my project in exchange for a fair, four-figure payment ... and frankly, to be part of an incredible game they could enjoy working on and take pride in. 

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 03, 2016, 01:07:19 pm »
You're willing to pay 4 figures for a graphic and music hack of a 30 year old Famicom game?   :huh:

Call me skeptical.

Regardless, we'll see if you get any takers.  I wouldn't hold my breath.

dACE

• View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: September 03, 2016, 01:18:21 pm »
I have no experience whatsoever...it'd be like asking someone to pick up a guitar for the first time and rip a solo like Kirk Hammett.

I doubt that Kirk Hammet could rip a solo, like Kirk Hammet, the first time HE picked up a guitar...
and he most likely didn't try to pay somebody to play the guitar instead of him either...

But this is only me guessing - I have absolutely no idea who Kirk Hammet is?

/dACE

Disch

• NES Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 03, 2016, 01:21:37 pm »
But this is only me guessing - I have absolutely no idea who Kirk Hammet is?

He's the lead guitarist for Metallica.  Remember when they were relevant?

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: September 03, 2016, 03:13:36 pm »
I was just joking, but yeah, i can't see a hack like that being approved here in the first place for that to happen.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

renegade74

• View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: September 03, 2016, 06:20:51 pm »
yeah, unlike whatever group of boy singers you might find relevant - they've only sold 120 million records and still selling out every venue they play in. Name me a more musically inclined band of musicians on this earth, go ahead. I don't share in your skepticism or general negativity. Criticizing someone that talented would be like me saying you are not intelligent for what you do. I have said that respect what programmers do immensely. I just don't have the passion or knowledge of how to do it myself. Yes, I would pay up for the game to be made correctly, of course. If you are not the one to do it, why keep poking? Any serious programmer out there, please be in contact. Thank you!

FCandChill

• View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: September 03, 2016, 07:13:48 pm »
Comment removed because reasons...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:29:51 pm by FCandChill »

renegade74

• View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: September 03, 2016, 07:24:23 pm »
^ lol, ok, thanks for the help

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: September 03, 2016, 08:17:33 pm »
And people call bronies pedophiles.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: September 04, 2016, 06:21:40 am »
I don't think this is the right place or time to discuss such things, so I'll go straight to real deal:

A hack for Metroid Fusion that disables the "lockdown" when you are tasked with going to the Bridge to reroute the BSL and also unlocks the doors in the area where you fight SA-X.

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: September 04, 2016, 11:15:15 am »
Is it possible to make Lord of the Rings out of Final Fantasy for NES? Also i would like to hint hack of Front Mission 3 for PSX. I always immagine how it would be to obtaine wanzers from special forces or that someone port some of wanzers from other series in to this fine game. Maybe someone can incorporate gameshark codes in patch for Front Mission 3.  :-\

Here is one more idea. What about Super Mario Land on NES? Based on GB game and using one of three NES SMB games. Levels based on that game and similar music would be fun. Music is not essential for now. That could be done later. Maybe also Jackie Chan game for NES can be used for Super Mario Land or just sprites.

Just one more idea. Can anyone make editor for game from ANCO and 3DO called Player Manager 2000 for PSX. I tryed to fix some names and maybe to change sometnig but i was limited only to HEX editor and i can fix names of clubs only with original space. If i lack one more letter i can't do anything. Also I can't change players. Game is relatively small but gameplay is great. I think that it can be upgraded only if someone find way so we can edit files inside game.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:25:05 pm by TonyBiH »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: September 04, 2016, 04:30:13 pm »
Is it possible to make Lord of the Rings out of Final Fantasy for NES?

I could definitely picture it. FF4 would be a good candidate as well, since you turn the Underwold into Mordor or something.

I was just looking through the Genesis hacks list, and noticed like 681523 hacks of Streets of Rage 2 hacks that change one of the playable characters into something wacky or new. Would be great to see a couple
hacks where all of the playable characters were changed to rosters of some of these new characters.  :)

EDIT: Was going to try out different patches on top of each other to see if things would play nicely, but there appear to be no hacks that replace Skate. Out of all the character replacement mods, I'm surprised not one of them replace the lamest character in the game.  :huh:

Oh wait, there's one that replaces everyone with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So, if a miracle occurs and everything works out right (not expecting it to), the character line-up would be:

Max -> Digglett
Axel -> Earthworm Jim
Blaze -> FF13 android robot thing (for lack of a more interesting replacement
Skate -> Random Ninja Turtle

Wish me luck.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 04:43:40 pm by Bahamut ZERO »
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: September 05, 2016, 04:42:06 am »
Great i hope that someone will make LOTHR out of FF.

Good idea about Street Rage 2. Best of luck.