News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1194451 times)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #2640 on: March 18, 2016, 07:19:16 am »
Sonic Advance 2, do something about the Sky Canyon boss one-hit KOs.
It makes no sense for a foe in the middle of a handheld spinoff to have an attack worthy of a core game's final encounter.
Egg Saucer? That one has a tell to it. It holds back a little longer than it does for a normal slap, noticeable even. What it NEEDS is a hitbox reduction.

zonk47

• View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: March 18, 2016, 08:07:05 pm »
I can think of a ton of little improvements to be made here and there

Wily Wars
- Redo the music so that it don't sound terrible
- Hack in other levels and graphics (editor?)

Shining Force
- speed up the cursor scroll or kill it completely except during movement

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:43:44 pm by zonk47 »
A good slave does not realize he is one; the best slave will not accept that he has become one.

Clippit

• View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: March 18, 2016, 09:46:53 pm »
I'm kinda surprised noone turned NES' Punch-Out!! into an Ashita no Joe or Hajime no Ippo tie-in. Someone should go do that.
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

SpRoUt

• View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: March 18, 2016, 11:00:12 pm »
Is it possible to make this coop? Share health/items? I was thinking kinda 2 links one mario link and the other luigi link.  Share everything. Maybe make money (rupees) a bit easier to get. Now I know we all discussed snes link to the past coop but im thinking is this possibly easier? Please share thoughts.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: March 19, 2016, 01:04:32 am »
Is it possible to make this coop? Share health/items? I was thinking kinda 2 links one mario link and the other luigi link.  Share everything. Maybe make money (rupees) a bit easier to get. Now I know we all discussed snes link to the past coop but im thinking is this possibly easier? Please share thoughts.

Thats what my hack Hyrule Knights should eventually be, but its gonna take awhile since im still basically learning basic hacking right now.
Also I think someone tried once http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/index.php/Thread/86609-Multiplayer-Legend-of-Zelda/ but dropped it because of difficulty, I dunno how far I'll get.
Sleepy's tune of the week|| Dire Straits - Money for Nothing (Vynyl) || https://youtu.be/RzZyyEZ011I

zonk47

• View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: March 19, 2016, 04:02:17 am »
Multiplayer Zelda exists. It's called Graal.

(incidently, the existence of Graal is a thorn in any aspirations Nintendo might have to make a Zelda Maker. That, and Zelda Classic of course).
A good slave does not realize he is one; the best slave will not accept that he has become one.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: March 19, 2016, 11:18:06 am »
Multiplayer Zelda exists. It's called Graal.

(incidently, the existence of Graal is a thorn in any aspirations Nintendo might have to make a Zelda Maker. That, and Zelda Classic of course).
Legend of Zelda Four Swords, Triforce Heroes...

Here's one thing I was thinking if it is possible... Well, two.
First is to make a Mega Man Zero Collection for GBA patch that would either convert the DS to GBA or fuse the four GBA games into one.

Second is a more plausible thing, which is to import the e-Reader Card system from MMZ3 in the DS MMZ Collection into the GBA version, including its gimmick of earning 3 cards per completion or perhaps taker an alternate path and make cards spawn in-game in specific places.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: March 19, 2016, 11:48:13 pm »
I would like to see hacks for both the DS and GBA versions of the Mega Man Zero games that would restore the red blood from the Japanese versions to the American versions.

Kirby Super Star (Super NES): A hack that would add all the new content from the DS version to this version.

Mega Man 1-6 (NES): Hacks that would change the colors of all six games to be closer to the Mega Man 9 & 10 color scheme.

Rockman 7 (Super Famicom): A hack that is based on Zynk's English translation patch, but it would give all the characters and items their American names, doesn't change any of the sprites at all, makes all the English text upper case like in MM7 and it would change the word "Rock" to "Mega" on the title screen logo.

Contra Spirits (Super Famicom): A hack that would change all the text to English and replace the Japanese title screen logo with the American title screen logo.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Super Nintendo): A hack that would change the crucifix to make it look more like a actual crucifix and it would also change the one guy's sprite that appears in the credits level to his uncensored sprite from the Genesis version as well: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/zamn/genheads.GIF

Pokemon Puzzle League (Nintendo 64): A hack that would change everything in this game to turn it into a N64 port of the GameCube version of Panel De Pon.

Splatterhouse 2 (Sega Genesis): A hack that would change Rick's mask to make it look more like the one he wore in the first Splatterhouse game.

Final Fight Revenge (Sega Saturn): A hack that would make Belger a playable character.

Sonic CD 2011 (PC): A mod that would add Knuckles and the Desert Dazzle level and final boss that were going to be added to this port but SEGA rejected them.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64): A hack that would replace Navi's voice clips with Tatl's voice clips from Majora's Mask.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure (GameCube): A hack that would restore the missing content from the Japanese version back to the American version.

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (Game Boy Advance): A hack that would add all the new content from the Japanese version to the American version and it would also restore the unused Starbeans Cafe cameos as well.

Here's a video that shows all the new content they added to the Japanese version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDMXE10zeyQ

I would like to see someone port Bomberman '94 (The better version of Mega Bomberman) and Fire Pro Wrestling 3: Legend Bout from the PC-Engine to the Sega Genesis. I also would like to see someone port Dracula X: Rondo of Blood from the PC-Engine CD to the Sega CD as well.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:25:26 am by SCD »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: March 20, 2016, 01:42:19 pm »
A Dash mod for Breath of Fire 1 SNES would be AMAZING.

Seriously, I hate walking so slowly in this game, and the GBA version... not as good as the SNES version.

Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #2649 on: March 20, 2016, 05:56:57 pm »
Well, it's a while off yet, but if they ever mod more 3DS games, I'd love to see these ideas for a revamped Paper Mario Sticker Star:

http://forum.mariorpguniverse.com/thread/462/paper-mario-sticker-recut-tyrodmz

And a revamped Mario & Luigi Paper Jam:

http://forum.mariorpguniverse.com/thread/464/mario-luigi-paper-recut-tyrorexdmz

Come to fruition.  Make them the great Mario RPGs we should have gotten.
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: March 21, 2016, 02:54:44 pm »
Would be cool if someone could do an improvement patch for Quest 64, maybe integrate the some of the stuff from the GBC version and fix some of the game's glaring flaws, there are certainly enough complaints about how bad the game is that there's likely no shortage of info on what needs fixed.
Sleepy's tune of the week|| Dire Straits - Money for Nothing (Vynyl) || https://youtu.be/RzZyyEZ011I

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: March 21, 2016, 09:06:49 pm »
Pokemon Puzzle League (Nintendo 64): A hack that would change everything to turn it into a N64 port of the GameCube version of Panel De Pon.

Please do this

Someone

Anyone

TheUnderfaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: March 22, 2016, 12:41:33 am »
Cough, what if someone translated the Snes Rushing Beat trilogy of games. English versions exist but :

A) The translations we got are horrible and mostly made up.
B) They changed names (even going as far as renaming the same characters in later games AGAIN)
C) They messed with the art work
D) Removed music tracks
E) Messed with the gameplay

And who knows what else.

zonk47

• View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: March 22, 2016, 05:57:08 am »
Completely redo the script and graphics for Tecmo Secret of the Stars.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: March 22, 2016, 05:03:30 pm »
Completely redo the script and graphics for Tecmo Secret of the Stars.
Wouldn't it be easier to just remake the game if that's what you want?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: March 22, 2016, 09:51:30 pm »
Another hack I would like to see is a hack for Mega Man Powered Up for the Sony PSP that would replace the English voices for the Japanese voices and it would also decensor Oil Man as well.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:25:00 am by SCD »

dougeff

• View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: March 22, 2016, 10:00:09 pm »
I'm kinda surprised noone turned NES' Punch-Out!! into an Ashita no Joe or Hajime no Ippo tie-in. Someone should go do that.

I'll make it for you... All you have to do is draw all the pixel art, and write all the new text.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #2657 on: March 22, 2016, 10:21:52 pm »
Wouldn't it be easier to just remake the game if that's what you want?

It doesn't seem that hard. The right artist could get its visuals roughly on par with Final Fantasy 5.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: March 26, 2016, 12:22:25 pm »
FF9 Vent:

Did anyone ever fix the glitch where you can get the Gold Chocobo before the airship, but then it just automatically gives you the airship?

If not, an idea for fixing this is moving the GC treasure chest to some part of a completely inaccessible portion of the Forgotten Continent (or isolated island) so you literally cannot get to it until you have the airship.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: March 26, 2016, 01:53:54 pm »
FF9 Vent:

Did anyone ever fix the glitch where you can get the Gold Chocobo before the airship, but then it just automatically gives you the airship?

Isn't that an hoax? Have you got yourself into this situation, because that bug doesn't exist in most versions I know.
Quote from: Unmon
This staff of mine has transformed itself into a dragon and has swallowed up the universe! Oh, where are the rivers and mountains and the great earth?