News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2054240 times)

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #2400 on: November 30, 2015, 05:45:13 pm »
Though I wonder what use it would have. On secong thought, let me guess: The ability to change forms with DPad, right?

The d-pad is what you are already stuck using and I for one think it is uncomfortable. the PS-style d-pad is an abomination. Every time I play games that force me to use the shitty PS d-pad it makes the joint in my thumb hurt (but the analog sticks don't) and every time I go to play a PS1 game and have no choice but to use the terrible d-pad I find myself feeling very disappointed.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

MithrandirOlorin

• View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: December 02, 2015, 09:45:14 pm »
Because of Mario Maker we now have SMB 1 and 3 style sprites of Bowser Jr and Magikoopa and the Koopa Clown Car, and Mario World style sprites of the Hammer Bros and Sledge Bros.  And a new kind of Mario World sprite of Bowser.

Thing is because they aren't on cartrigaes it might not easy to get those sprites available for Rom Hacking.

I think a version of Mario 3's Dark World where some fo the Boom Booms are replaced with Bowser Jr or Magikoopa could be cool.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: December 03, 2015, 01:28:17 am »
I'm sure someone will manually recreate them just by looking at them.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: December 03, 2015, 03:32:23 am »
Spriter's Resource already has rips of pretty much all the graphics from SMM.

NES Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: December 03, 2015, 10:12:06 am »
Except for the Mystery Mushroom costumes from the Event Courses, since they're apparently stored in a "shared save data" file.

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: December 04, 2015, 11:30:21 pm »
How about a Super Mario All-Stars overhaul hack based on Super Mario Crossover?

December 04, 2015, 11:43:01 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Other ideas
- Metal Gear (NES) overhaul hack into NES port of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
- Gun.Smoke hack based on Sheriff Callie's Wild West (with guns becoming water pistols...from space)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:43:01 pm by CyberFox »

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: December 05, 2015, 02:06:46 pm »
I've noticed Metal Gear Portable Ops is hard capped at around 20FPS and there are cheats that "break the limit" but are a bit glitchy, so here is my idea: A proper MG Portable Ops hack that allows the game to hit 60FPS with no issue whatsoever.

While on the subject of Metal Gear: a patch to make Peace Walker use a control scheme similar to Portable Ops would be nice, because the analog hasn't been much precise on my end, which results in RUNNING instead of WALKING most of the time.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: December 05, 2015, 10:49:25 pm »
A hack of Odin Sphere that raises all of the levels in hard mode to 3's, 4's and 5's.

I started this game over in hard mode and it just doesn't seem hard enough. I was expecting it to be like other games where hard mode is punishment. :-[
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Avi

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: December 05, 2015, 10:57:06 pm »
Not related to what everyone was talking about previously, but how about correcting Yuji Naka's mistake and create swimming in Sonic 1? Of course, you can just give sonic infinite jumps while underwater and call it a day, but why not go the extra effort and add swimming sprites?

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: December 05, 2015, 11:53:26 pm »
Not related to what everyone was talking about previously, but how about correcting Yuji Naka's mistake and create swimming in Sonic 1? Of course, you can just give sonic infinite jumps while underwater and call it a day, but why not go the extra effort and add swimming sprites?

You realize in order for that to happen it requires the hacker to make new animation sprites and reprogram the game, yes?

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: December 06, 2015, 04:12:49 am »
FF7 hack where Aeris doesn't die, or is actually able to be revived(in case it's impossible to delete the scene where she dies, which it probably is, and of course modifying the story accordingly). Her weapons are drawn out more, or she has more(since her ultimate one is gotten in the temple of ancients I think), and stats are weakened later on to make up for it(as in it's hard to get 9999 with just a physical attack, and certain multi-hit spells like KOTR can't hit that much either per attack), mdef fixed as well, and of course compensated by weaker spirit stats maybe? Also maybe making some characters be a bit more unique in the stats department(to where it makes a noticable difference) so as to allow them to be used for anything but also give them more prominent roles(Cloud could be your blank slate, nothing exceptional nothing terrible, Aeris your more heal based character if spirit determines that with maybe a hint of magic, Barret your mix of vit and str, Tifa maybe a mix of dex and str, Red XIII maybe magic and dex, Yuffie dex and luck, Cait Sith maybe vit/luck, Vincent maybe dex/mag, Cid maybe just pure str, I dunno for Cid really). As for how it happens, there could be a key item in the city of the ancients(second visit) that triggers a scene that brings her back somehow. Maybe even the holy materia or something. I dunno, feel free to add on.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: December 07, 2015, 11:34:38 pm »
Dude, it's been 18 years. The game is old enough to vote by now. It's time to let go. : P

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: December 07, 2015, 11:59:37 pm »
That sounds like the sort of thing they'd do in the remake.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: December 08, 2015, 10:00:03 pm »
Ideas in a few words:
Dynasty/Samurai Warriors X Final Fantasy
Dark Souls X Final Fantasy

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: December 08, 2015, 10:19:05 pm »
Midna, if you're talking to me, I haven't read them all but I'm sure a lot of the ideas are about old games(not to mention 90% of the hacks in this site are of games that are a lot older), most likely a LOT older than FF7. You might as well be saying Zelta LTTP, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, etc should also be completely forgotten about by this point. I'm not a FF7 uberfanboy, but it would be nice to have since she was my favorite character in the game, and all those changes would make it rather fresh. Also KingMike I honestly highly doubt they'd allow Aeris to live in the remake. It'd pretty much destroy the entire rest of the story after that point, as well as make a lot of after stories pointless(They all pretty much have Aeris as dead in them). Personally I'd rather have FFIX where Beatrix becomes a main party member, but someone's already trying to work on that from what it seems.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: December 08, 2015, 11:02:34 pm »
Maybe a New Game + feature (after seeing the full story once), but that would be a pretty fanservice thing.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: December 08, 2015, 11:07:53 pm »
Midna, if you're talking to me, I haven't read them all but I'm sure a lot of the ideas are about old games(not to mention 90% of the hacks in this site are of games that are a lot older), most likely a LOT older than FF7. You might as well be saying Zelta LTTP, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, etc should also be completely forgotten about by this point. I'm not a FF7 uberfanboy, but it would be nice to have since she was my favorite character in the game, and all those changes would make it rather fresh. Also KingMike I honestly highly doubt they'd allow Aeris to live in the remake. It'd pretty much destroy the entire rest of the story after that point, as well as make a lot of after stories pointless(They all pretty much have Aeris as dead in them). Personally I'd rather have FFIX where Beatrix becomes a main party member, but someone's already trying to work on that from what it seems.

I don't care if FF7 is an old game. My point is that Aeri(th/s) being dead is something that a lot of gamers have just accepted as fact. I was making a joke, hence the ": P"

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: December 09, 2015, 07:58:39 am »
I would like to see a hack for Metroid Zero Mission that would restore the unused Crocomire boss back to the game as a actual miniboss in Norfair.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:56:17 am by SCD »

TheBigT2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: December 12, 2015, 12:12:19 pm »
I would like to see a hack of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 Dawn of Souls that makes it so you can switch party members at the end of the game, like maybe you could switch Guy out for Leila, or Leon out with Gordon, or Maria out for Gordon, and Leon out for Leila, or something like that.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:17:54 pm by TheBigT2000 »

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #2419 on: December 13, 2015, 09:45:12 pm »
Pokemon Colosseum restoration.

Uncensor the lead girl
Fix the eReader room entrance
Add a method to enter the bonus disc menu, things like Celebi can be obtained there (title screen button combo most likely)
Remove unnecessary region lockout on GBA connectivity

Speaking of bonus discs, allow Jirachi to be sent to at least Japanese Ruby and Sapphire.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:11:29 pm by tc »