News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2100025 times)

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #2300 on: October 10, 2015, 12:43:10 am »
I feel like we shouldn't mess with this.  VP1 is about the one time I can recall where we got a 100% better product than the Japanese market---YOU ARE TOYING WITH KARMIC FORCES YOU DO NOT COMPREHEND.

But US VG voice-acting from that era is SO bad. I don't mind bad VA if I'm not taking the game too seriously, but in this case it's a very serious game so it has a way of ruining the mood. At least we have the option of turning the volume of the voices down, but I wish I didn't have to.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

The_Atomik_Punk!

• Nobody Rules these Streets at Night but Me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: October 10, 2015, 12:21:36 pm »
Another cool hack idea that should be done to Zombies Ate My Neighbors is change the crucifix to make it look more like a cross, change the color of the blood that drips down on the game over screen from purple to red and change the one character that appears in the credits level from holding dolls to holding severed heads with blood on his shirt to make him look more like his appearance from the Sega Genesis version.

Great idea; why not combine them- Zombies Ate My Neighbor SRAM Save Hack + Uncensoring

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 10, 2015, 02:20:24 pm »
I feel like we shouldn't mess with this.  VP1 is about the one time I can recall where we got a 100% better product than the Japanese market---YOU ARE TOYING WITH KARMIC FORCES YOU DO NOT COMPREHEND.

Actually, games like Power Blade for the NES, Luigi's Mansion (Pal Version) for example, are definitely better outside of Japan.

Power Blade is simply put a much better game all around, while LM has a much better hard mode that actually changes things.

As much as we like to whine about censorship and other things in general, we also have good moments here and there...
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #2303 on: October 10, 2015, 08:59:40 pm »
LOL I figured as such. I like the thread on the Castlevania Dungeon forums where he was showing off his hack and mentioned the "required donations" and was subsequently laughed out of the place. What a joker.

Thing is, I don't recall him ever posting info anywhere HOW to pay. Accepted payment methods and all. If one can't be bothered to do that much, I'm not likely to ask.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: October 11, 2015, 07:45:53 pm »
Actually, games like Power Blade for the NES, Luigi's Mansion (Pal Version) for example, are definitely better outside of Japan.

Power Blade is simply put a much better game all around, while LM has a much better hard mode that actually changes things.

As much as we like to whine about censorship and other things in general, we also have good moments here and there...

But US VG voice-acting from that era is SO bad. I don't mind bad VA if I'm not taking the game too seriously, but in this case it's a very serious game so it has a way of ruining the mood. At least we have the option of turning the volume of the voices down, but I wish I didn't have to.

I guess I actually really like the English VP1 VA's a lot.  Even some of the cheesy actors saying Japanese stuff--but I think it's generally on point.

Actually one other game I feel like we got the better end of was Dragon Quest 8--not much is changed in the US version except the music...but the US verisons music is ~100x superior to the faux 8/16-bit tracks from the Japanese version.  I don't normally complain about retro-style music, but Japanese DQ8's was kinda bad.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #2305 on: October 11, 2015, 08:14:20 pm »
I can think of a few. Super Mario World (Super Famicom version anyway) didn't get our improvements like being able to re-enter castles, or the new Luigi sprites added to Super Mario All Stars.

Then there's New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U. The combo pack has bonus videos.

Oh and the bad performance of Suiko Enbu's (aka Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty or Dark Legend) original Saturn release.

kenschin1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: October 11, 2015, 09:38:04 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and I know nothing about Hacking Rom but I looking for a someone who can change the Incredible Hulk game on Genesis please ? I will the game Incredible Hulk rest to be a platform game but the cutscenes are changed by those of the Incredible Hulk game on Game Boy Advance but also change levels to make the game closer to the history of comics (as for Game Version Boy Advance ) and if possible include new opponents and perhaps change the sprites of the character Hulk by those of the character Hulk of the game Marvel Super Heroes War of Germs Super Nes . Does someone can do that for me please ?

October 11, 2015, 11:28:06 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Do you know if someone has the intention to convert on Genesis or Super NES the game City Hunter of the Nec PC - engine please ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:28:06 pm by kenschin1982 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: October 12, 2015, 12:58:47 am »
I guess I actually really like the English VP1 VA's a lot.  Even some of the cheesy actors saying Japanese stuff--but I think it's generally on point.

I have mixed feelings about the voices in VP1. For example, I think Arngrim sounds cool but I don't like the way he delivers his lines. I get the impression that he would sound better in a cartoon (maybe something like Batman TAS). I guess that goes for a lot of the voices in that game. It's like the people would be better in something else but IMO don't really fit VP. For that reason I play the game with the voices turned all the way down and the music (which rules) all the way up.

shadowAOD

• View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: October 12, 2015, 05:02:47 pm »
There should definitely be a hack for the early resident evil games to have skippable door loading scenes
and the tactical reload in place(also maybe have a knife with you at all time)

Pretty much the features that were in deadly silence to be in RE 1,2, 3 and survivor 

Turambar

• View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: October 12, 2015, 05:28:56 pm »
You can't skip the door sequences on PS1 because the game has to actually load the data from the disc.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: October 12, 2015, 11:05:31 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and I know nothing about Hacking Rom but I looking for a someone who can change the Incredible Hulk game on Genesis please ? I will the game Incredible Hulk rest to be a platform game but the cutscenes are changed by those of the Incredible Hulk game on Game Boy Advance but also change levels to make the game closer to the history of comics (as for Game Version Boy Advance ) and if possible include new opponents and perhaps change the sprites of the character Hulk by those of the character Hulk of the game Marvel Super Heroes War of Germs Super Nes . Does someone can do that for me please ?

October 11, 2015, 11:28:06 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Do you know if someone has the intention to convert on Genesis or Super NES the game City Hunter of the Nec PC - engine please ?

72 Hours Mods---GOGOGO

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: October 12, 2015, 11:27:21 pm »
72 Hours Mods---GOGOGO

hehe That never gets old.

shadowAOD

• View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: October 13, 2015, 05:26:30 am »
You can't skip the door sequences on PS1 because the game has to actually load the data from the disc.
I meant like a patch to the iso files of those games,TeamIGAS seemed to be able to do that
with RE 1.5 so I figured it would be feasible

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: October 13, 2015, 06:29:13 am »

I love the Remake of Resident Evil 1 on GC (FANTASTIC WORK) and is possibly the best version, but I can't deny that I love a little more the english voice-acting of the original PSX version. Is such an enjoyable mess of cheese and weird pronunciation (Take-A-Look-At-This! It's Forrest, OH, MAI GAWD!" that makes me laugh even to this day.

Maybe not for everybody, but I happen to enjoy this type of cheese.

About Skipping door scenes, I remember believing that the GC needed to load them too. Until a Red Crimson fucking broke one of them (The real Master of Unlocking here) and I could go from one room to another without loading them.

It was so weird, like if the game ignored it's own rules. As if it was fourth wall breaking.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

joyeux

• View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: October 16, 2015, 11:50:13 am »
I tried asking in several forums but it seems NBA Jam TE 32X is not a really popular game.

I'm a flash cart user and the only way to play the game in real hardware is using a hack to DISABLE the saves. Using the unmodified rom gives blue jailbars on the screen.

The game uses EEPROM, If someone skilled could please make the saves work via SRAM (which would solve the problem) it would make me and some others very grateful.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: October 17, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »
This is probably a dumber idea, but I had just thought of it.

A hack that turns Super Metroid into a game starring Eccleson-era Doctor Who, taking place inside the bunker during the episode about the alien museum.

The last Dalek is in captivity.  The Galaxy is in peace.

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #2316 on: October 18, 2015, 08:59:23 am »

A hack that turns Super Metroid into a game starring Eccleson-era Doctor Who, taking place inside the bunker during the episode about the alien museum.

Okay, that would be awesome.  Not something I'd make/have the skill to make, but definitely a game I'd want to play.  We need a few decent Doctor Who games and ROM hacks around here.
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: October 19, 2015, 08:41:19 pm »
Would be cool:

A hack of Castlevania 64 that makes the controls and camera as good as Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.

A hack of Castlevania 64 that adds more save points. The levels are very difficult and you will sometimes find yourself having to replay very difficult sections of certain levels and some bosses after making a tiny mistake and falling to your death.

A hack of C: LoD That gives you the option of playing through every level in the game regardless of which character you choose and the option of playing through the normal game as Henry as well.

A hack of Legacy of Darkness that gives you the option of playing the Cv64 versions of the recurring levels since they are in some cases totally different and in general, way harder.

R.I.P. Castlevania.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: October 19, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »

I'd play this.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: October 21, 2015, 04:11:08 am »
EDIT: nvm  ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:31:43 am by Zynk Oxhyde »