News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2165483 times)

MathUser2929

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #480 on: December 04, 2012, 03:33:03 pm »
What a really great idea is a hack for most of the Super Mario Advance series. In Super Mario Bros 2 the max score is so high it would take forever to reach it. In later games the max is lower, probably by one digit. But this makes a big difference as the score can be maxed out without much effort. A hack to increase the max score by one digit would make a big difference. Playing a game with all levels completed and no further score increases feels pretty pointless.

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 10, 2012, 01:34:08 am »
I got a hack idea. In lieu of all the sonic hacks that are coming out, I propose putting mario bros characters in there that you can play as or follow sonic around like Tails. One can make levels that resemble super mario world in a sonic game.

tigol

« Reply #482 on: December 19, 2012, 08:19:53 pm »
I'm a huge Rush'n Attack fan but unfortunately for me the NES game has 1 major flaw.  You have to push up on the d-pad to jump.  Is there anyone out there with the technical know-how to change jump to the "special weapons" (grenade launcher, grenade, etc...) button and change the "special weapons" to the select button?  This would be a major improvement to gameplay.  Thanks!!! 

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 20, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »
An idea about something that has been bugging me in Gunstar Super Heroes: Removal of the Save File Deletion threat of the Save File Crusher. Perhaps someone could make an IPS to re-add that (translated, of course) because, as we know, the threat is fake and won't harm your save. This is the only thing that was removed from US and EUR versions for some (dumb) reason.

caninis

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 23, 2012, 09:46:04 pm »
I always find megaman 1/2 a bit difficult to go back to after playing the later ones (where megaman has his more speedy dashing technique)

A good idea for a project would be to implement this dashing technique from the later megaman games to the earlier ones

Also maybe a retroactive implementation of his charging technique

Unless these kinds of simple hacks already exist (do they ?)

Satoshi_Matrix

• Retro & Contemporary Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Retro & Contemporary Gaming Archives
« Reply #485 on: December 25, 2012, 02:14:56 am »
I've got an idea. What about a Metroid Zero Mission demake using the original Metroid as a base? What I mean is edits to the original Metroid to make it more like Zero Mission in terms of its level designs and difficulty, and if possible, look. Tilesets could be edited to match any number of other later and better looking NES games or perhaps lifted from Metroid II.

retroquest

• looking for SNES programmers to release new games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 28, 2012, 01:51:21 am »
I have the full permission and source code of a SNES homebrew,

I would like to make a sequel to make a cart release (in the future)

I want the sequel based on the same engine, but with better graphics, more levels, bosses, enemies.

I know the source code is almost completely in assembler.

how hard would this project be?

I know NOTHING of coding/hacking at all.

if you think you can help me out pls pm.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 31, 2012, 12:49:04 am »
Anyone can make this hack for japan version?  Because I just want play people's f-zero hack track so it will be fun to play practice instead Grand Prix.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 31, 2012, 02:45:01 pm »
You got a link to some of these japanese f-zero hacks? I wouldn't mind trying them out myself.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 31, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »
Yes I do.  I will pm you.  Some track is hard so you have to use save state.   Some track is easy.  Some are dont.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 01, 2013, 01:18:37 am »
  Some track is hard so you have to use save state.   Some track is easy.  Some are dont.

That is so signature worthy!   :D

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 01, 2013, 06:35:58 am »
Mega Man 1 (NES):

A hack that adds Oil Man and Time Man as the 7th and 8th Robot Masters.

Use these Oil Man and Time Man 8-bit sprites:
http://baryltdf.deviantart.com/art/Powered-Up-extras-8-bits-186199201

Use these Oil Man and Time Man 8-bit themes:
Oil Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_wxUwErXQY
Time Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnJNcmrEHs

For Dr. Wily's Castle, either put Oil Man and Time Man in Stage 1 or in Stage 4.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 01, 2013, 07:45:24 am »

^Why not someone do this?  ;) ;)

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 01, 2013, 01:51:29 pm »
That is so signature worthy!   :D
Lol.  Glad you like it.

itoikenza

• https://www.irccloud.com
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #494 on: January 01, 2013, 02:50:44 pm »
"ccenemyedit" permanently edits regular character
grids/stats too...

Replace all instances of "regular battle theme".
Put "Dreamwatch of Time" instead!

Remove duplicate weapon stuck in head glitch,
Caused by doppelganger...

Replace these... (spectral staff),(spectral sword),
(broom). With dario's masamune.

Add any. 3 starting equip effects to doppelganger enemies.

make Dark Serge, Garai, Guillot, Taurusoid,
doppelganger Crash/Glitch free...

Add ability of any three char. to do z-slash,

All 3 can be transformed via doppelganger at the same time, without
duplicate error.

StepDown doesn't just up your grid but also causes:
vigora, purify, 99%, recharge, mag negate, phys negate.

Start New Game with Time Shifter/relief charm, all items/tech's/element's in inventory...

Any char can equip/unequip any element to any location...

gadesx

• View Profile
    • Gadesx scene
« Reply #495 on: January 02, 2013, 04:16:19 am »
E tanks for Rockman & Forte of snes  ::)

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 02, 2013, 04:39:25 am »
^Why not someone do this?  ;) ;)

Because adding two new Robot Masters, their stages, and the new objects they need is a whole lot of work. I know because I started a project like this a few years ago called "Megaman: Powered Down". I ended up turning it into a GM project that is still in production.

EDIT:

I've discussed the possibilities of doing two hacks for FF5 & FF6 on other forums. I thought I'd share them here too.

FF5: Expand the Job system to allow for fully customizable jobs. Right now the number of skill levels a job has is hard-coded which means that while you can easily change which skills a job learns, you can't add more without taking away a slot from another job.

FF6: Converting the magicite system into a full on job system. Each magicite would represent one job. This is a pretty big task. I know someone is already working on a hack to expand the game's Natural magic learning lists to cover all characters by converting to a bit based system. That would create enough space to keep track of everything. However, some major changes would have to be made to the code in the Esper, Equip, Relic, and Status menus. On the bright side, a lot of the relics would be made obsolete and could be used to expand the selection of items in the game as a nice side-effect.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:10:48 am by Vanya »

KiddoCabbusses

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 04, 2013, 02:14:42 pm »
Feeling Satellaview-y or such today.

I'm remembering the Radical Dreamers fan translation, which is nice, of course.

For anyone who remembers, besides translating the game, the hack expands the ROM and changes the game-saving code.

Of course, that was all back in a time before Satellaview emulation was advancing enough to allow someting closer to "actual" 8M pack loading and saving with BS-X SRAM, which the original unpatched 1mb Radical Dreamers ROM needed.

One thing about the fan translation is that due to the file size increase and the SRAM hack, you couldn't emulate it playing on a Satellaview setup (Or, on a theoretical level, run it in a real-world Satellaview 8M Pack).

I was wondering about if it'd be theoretically possible to go back and apply the translation on a more basic scale (Without the more elaborate hacks) to the 1mb ROM without needing to expand it or alter anything that'd break Satellaview/BS-X support. I understand if you don't really see the point, but the Satellaview fan in me would probably just be excited to see it.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 07, 2013, 09:08:19 pm »
I was wondering about if it'd be theoretically possible to go back and apply the translation on a more basic scale (Without the more elaborate hacks) to the 1mb ROM without needing to expand it or alter anything that'd break Satellaview/BS-X support. I understand if you don't really see the point, but the Satellaview fan in me would probably just be excited to see it.
Well, the SRAM modifications were done later, after the initial release, so that's easily undone. The expanded space is used for font-related things and the script. If the the fields of 0xFF I can find in the ROM are unused space, it might be possible to squeeze the small font in there. The script is probably a lot harder. Unpatched Radical Dreamers has the script compressed, and decompresses it into PSRAM. The translation skips this (the decompression and loading into PSRAM), and has it load an uncompressed script directly from ROM. The encoded, translated script is more than twice the size of the original script and larger than the PSRAM size, so it doesn't look like figuring out the compression would help.

supershadow64ds

• Dazed but not confused!
    • View Profile
    • Checks out mah DA, mamajamas! >:U
« Reply #499 on: January 09, 2013, 08:44:12 am »
I've an idea-- How about a better Top Spin (from Mega Man 3)?

The Top Spin is one of the worst weapons ever and someone can make it better.

My idea is a hack for Top Spin to be changed to the following:

Mega Man shoots a Top, and it pauses for a moment where it is, then flies off the screen in a random direction. Since when you spin a top in real life, you don't know where it's going to go...

Here's a mock up/diagram of what should happen:
Spoiler: