News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2864420 times)

Levine91

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7740 on: October 16, 2021, 12:18:51 am »
Swap out Bug (from Bug!, Sega Saturn) with Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic is already in the game as you have a race against him in a bonus level. (see video)
It's surprising this hack hasn't happened yet nor is there even an Action Replay/Gameshark code to do such!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL4ufta_BU0

McKnight

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #7741 on: October 17, 2021, 05:31:55 am »
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The 7th Stand User:

Incorporate Esidisi alongside Wamuu and Kars.  And not just his presence and his data as a PC; please ensure that he has just as much dialogue as they have, and that he can be recruited for Joseph's special ending that requires a party of Ripple users only.

(Alternately, is it ever explained why he is apparently nowhere to be seen, for someone part of what was canonically a trio?)

Suikoden V:

Raise the number of Entourage slots to 6.  (And yes, I have seen what one of the party menus looks like, and I would suggest shifting the "Battle Members" and "Entourage" tags to the left in order to shift the slots upward and make room.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 05:43:54 am by McKnight »

Bonesy

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: October 17, 2021, 02:40:03 pm »
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The 7th Stand User:

Incorporate Esidisi alongside Wamuu and Kars.  And not just his presence and his data as a PC; please ensure that he has just as much dialogue as they have, and that he can be recruited for Joseph's special ending that requires a party of Ripple users only.

(Alternately, is it ever explained why he is apparently nowhere to be seen, for someone part of what was canonically a trio?)

Suikoden V:

Raise the number of Entourage slots to 6.  (And yes, I have seen what one of the party menus looks like, and I would suggest shifting the "Battle Members" and "Entourage" tags to the left in order to shift the slots upward and make room.)
the former is an rpg maker and thusly outside the scope of this site

E.Signal

• View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: October 17, 2021, 04:27:47 pm »
Can someone please make a hack for the arcade version of SSF2T that tones down the difficulty of the cheap input reading AI opponents, makes the original colors selectable for the "ST" mode characters and the AI opponents, makes the special move motions simplified like HD Remix and make it where the speed option "Turbo 0" is the original Super SFII speed. Other versions like the GBA one did all of this and it would be cool if the Arcade version did the same.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: October 17, 2021, 06:02:30 pm »
Energy refills after killing enemies being attracted to Samus just like Metroid Dread being implanted in Metroid, Metroid II and Super Metroid among others.
See my hacks channel including some of my works:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyWashington2/videos

Marcos Moutta

• View Profile
How to remove continues in Adventure Island Abridged?
« Reply #7745 on: October 17, 2021, 10:12:34 pm »
Hi. I'm currently working on an adventure island hack based on Abridged, and would like to disable the continues, ideally just for ORIGINAL mode but if it has to be disabled for both modes that's ok.
I used to study 6502 but I gave up because I could never wrap my head around it, so I didn't even bother with trying to do this myself, I'm too clueless.
Could someone please write me the ASM patch to do this?

hunterob

• View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: October 18, 2021, 03:30:37 am »
Chester Cheetah's Wild Wild Quest but replace Chester with Larry David. Also maybe make the physics and/or hitboxes better. Inspired by a couple episodes of Curb where he eats Cheetos.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove continues in Adventure Island Abridged?
« Reply #7747 on: October 18, 2021, 11:06:26 am »
Hi. I'm currently working on an adventure island hack based on Abridged, and would like to disable the continues, ideally just for ORIGINAL mode but if it has to be disabled for both modes that's ok.
I used to study 6502 but I gave up because I could never wrap my head around it, so I didn't even bother with trying to do this myself, I'm too clueless.
Sorry but we do not permit individual threads for hack requests.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: How to remove continues in Adventure Island Abridged?
« Reply #7748 on: October 18, 2021, 03:52:48 pm »

It should be a fairly easy enough starter hack depending upon what goes.

First I would find the continues location in memory if it is one of those games with a limited number of them. This is a fairly basic cheat search type deal, though do note you have other cheats -- if your continue say gives you 10 lives you can use the same cheat that would give you infinite lives to set the lives to 1 or 0 or whatever, and then die to make life quicker there..
https://web.archive.org/web/20080309104350/http://etk.scener.org/?op=tutorial

From there you would want to set a breakpoint on anything that reads the continues value, or if there is no continues count then probably the lives function when that gets to 0.
Chances are there will be something that reads it, checks to see if it is 0 and then allows you to continue. Most would be making an infinite continues cheat at this point so will tell it to ignore the results of the compare and always allow the player to continue, you would go the other way and tell it to take the no continues path. If it is the same function for both modes you mention then that might get more tricky as you would want your own check -- want some simple location within range to read to see what mode it is in (hopefully it is something you can find with another cheat search just after starting a new game and flicking back to it with a savestate and starting the other mode to see what changed and what remained the same) and then if it is original mode then take the no continues path and if it is the other then continue as normal.

Devsman

• View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: October 20, 2021, 05:42:59 pm »
Phantasy Star III with your party drawn in battle.

I tried taking a whack at it but I got lost in the disassembly. Besides, I'm no sprite artist.  :laugh:

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: October 20, 2021, 06:51:17 pm »
You know what would be a fun idea? Considering that Roll is playable in the Mega Man hacks, Zelda in some LOZ hacks and Peach in some Mario hacks, I'm surprised no one had thought about giving Princess Prin-Prin a chance to shine in the Ghosts and Goblins series. I mean if any of the girls in those games can be made playable, why not Arthur's love interest as well?

Cris1997XX

• View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: October 21, 2021, 06:32:23 am »
Color patches for the Ducktale games on Game Boy. Some people consider them the ultimate versions of both titles, aside from the music, so I think it would be a no brainer

Pablo1989

• View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: October 22, 2021, 01:14:28 pm »
How about this one?

In Contra and Super Contra NES games, when you press SELECT you change your holding weapon anytime.
BTW (F)ire gun in Super Contra are diffrent from first Contra game.
If that possible let have them selectable in both games.

List of weapons

Rifle aka default gun(Slow firing limited white bullets)
(M)achine gun(Fast firing red bullets)
(S)pread gun (Three wide firing red bullets)
(L)aser gun (Single laser beam)
(F)ire gun  (Multi circle pattern firring red bullets)
(F)Fire gun(Super C version) (Single big ball when hit something explodes in small ones)

alucardmoon

• View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: October 22, 2021, 05:15:41 pm »
Is it possible to use the SNES ROM of super Mario Bros All Star Plus super Mario world to make a hack of the frog suit with Yoshi's tongue but only as Mario has anybody ever thought of doing that?

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: October 22, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »
Is there a cheat to force a given weapon type?
Because that will tell you where the holding weapon as you term it is located. Should not be too hard to then make something key off the select button (or whatever combo)
Or if you are running on an emulator with some kind of mildly more advanced cheats than is typically considered for SNES and NES hardware then cycle round things (if button press check this area of memory to see if it is say a certain value and if it is set to 0 if not add 1 being how I imagine that will go if it works like 99% of other games like this).

XMy66p

• View Profile
« Reply #7755 on: October 23, 2021, 03:49:17 am »
[NDS] Megaman ZX & ZX Advent
I really need help for those games,
Is anyone here can do it, please do it, I beg you.

I just want them to remove/edit the WHITE SPLASH SCREEN FLASH
everytime the hero in the game want to change (Megamerge) to another form,
because its always HURT MY EYES, I'm so not comfortable
& can't enjoy playing the games,
I really love the genre games like those (Metroidvania)
I do really hope someone takes the call,
thankyou.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:26:43 am by XMy66p »

Brutapode89

• View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: October 23, 2021, 01:30:11 pm »
An English translation of the Street Fighter II': Champion Edition PC-Engine (TurboGrafx-16 to USA) version even by turning three fighters names like Vega into M.Bison, Balrog into Vega and M.Bison into Balrog.

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: October 23, 2021, 06:40:45 pm »
Another idea I had was a patch for Wario World (which would work with both the .iso and .rvz formats for patching) where the changes from the Japanese version, especially the Black Jewel's added second phase and cracked-looking texture, would be added.

Cris1997XX

• View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: October 24, 2021, 03:21:16 am »
Konami VRC7 patch for Final Fantasy 1 NES which adds the MSX version's amazing FM + PSG soundtrack

bukopandan

• View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: October 24, 2021, 08:42:25 am »
Restore the censored graphics and tracks that got edited out on the US version of Bust A Groove, restore the censored graphics, restore and translate the texts of the japanese ending clips that has been cut out and incorporate them on the US release of Bust A Groove 2 (PSX)   
My Youtube Channel where I demonstrate my mad video gaming skills. Kekekek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos