News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2263527 times)

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #7060 on: November 03, 2020, 06:44:54 am »
With SF2 Graphics Editor released, someone might as well turn it into Street Fighter vs X-Men.

foiopaulo

• View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: November 05, 2020, 11:38:56 am »
How feasible would be a SNES demake/port of Symphony of the Night and/or Megaman X4?

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: November 06, 2020, 07:11:42 am »
We need a PSIII Hack asap(30 years since the game was out)
To celebrate this a major hack would be nice(all redone/upgraded Graphics,NPCs,Dialog&New storyline,music,exp multipliers,ect)

Beachcomber

• View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: November 06, 2020, 07:41:42 pm »
I would like Chun-Li's fireball in Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES) to be in Street Fighter II (SNES) with the quarter circle motion.

I would like the later Final Fantasy games in GBA, SNES to have the same font as the GB and NES ones. They would look so much better!

I would like X's hadoken and X2's shoryuken to be in X3. One-shot. It would better round up the snes trilogy. And with simplified controls ie double-tap or diagonal down.

I would like Rockman 5's fireball to be in Rockman 6. It's bigger and looks nicer. And without charging as an option.

I would like Dr. Wily in Rockman 1-6 be replaced by Dr. Mario. I figured the sprites in the placid puzzler to be the same size so it won't be hard.

I would like Breakman (Protoman) in Rockman 3 (or any other Rockman) to keep his biker helmet. I always thought "he" looked better and less idiotic that way.

I would like Rockman in Rockman 2 (or any other Rockman) to have his hair like on the mezzanine storey of the skyscraper. I thought "he" looked nice. Select once for the helmet, select again for the hair.

I would like Super Mario Kart (SNES) and Outrunners (Genesis) to have the split screen removed. The scenery looks better that way.

I would like the second colour in versus to be available in Streets of Rage II and III co-op. I thought they are nice, especially Blaze's blue outfit in II. And for III there'll be four colours where Blaze has red, grey, and two others from versus in JP/US. I wonder why no one has ever thought of this.

I would like the point and food items in Streets of Rage II and III to be replaced by that in Warriors of Fate (Food: Fish/Lobster for Chicken and Bun for Apple) and Final Fight (Food: Hamburger for Chicken, Soda for Apple and Point: Radio for Dollar Bag). If it takes up too much memory then Axel must go.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:06:42 am by Beachcomber »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: November 06, 2020, 10:58:55 pm »
Please use the EDIT button to edit your recent post.
Or better yet, please take some time to concentrate all your ideas into one post than to make a new reply after two minutes.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #7065 on: November 07, 2020, 12:07:36 am »
I'd probably have better luck pitching this to Sonic Retro but i'm not going back to a Sonic centric community any time soon lol... but the Sonic Forces Avatar character in the Genesis games would be neat.  Forces was such a disappointment of a game but the Avatar was actually pretty fun to play as. The game was like 90% 2D anyway so it's not a stretch to put them in a 2D setting.

I suppose the logical choice would be to use the red wolf with the glasses from the box art and promo material, but customization of the character and the wispon would be amazing.. that's a tall order, but the wizardry I've seen from the Sonic hacking community leads me to believe it's not impossible, even if the customization options were in the patch itself like Sonic 3 complete's optional patches.

Also replace Tails with Sonic since Sonic and the player Avatar actually worked together in the game.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Beachcomber

• View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: November 07, 2020, 06:11:30 am »
I would like Dr. Wily in Rockman 1-6 be replaced by Dr. Mario. I figured the sprites in the placid puzzler to be the same size so it won't be hard.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 10:41:53 am by Beachcomber »

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: November 07, 2020, 05:49:23 pm »
I have a few ideas for patches of Castlevania symphony of the night.

-Add in more teleport rooms in places like the marble corridor and chapel.They can be put in place of some of the empty rooms.

-Have Richter run by default instead of having to double tap left or right on the D-pad.

-Have the monster list available in the pause menu.

-Allow players to switch between normal and reverse castle inside the teleport rooms by pressing down on the D-pad (once the reverse castle has been unlocked).

-have the glowing doors be able to open without the required item.

-have it so that pressing the L2 button allows for the super jump instead of pressing down the up on the D-pad.

-Have Richter's outfit from the Saturn version in the PS1 version.

-Have the voices from the PSP port.

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: November 08, 2020, 07:37:58 am »
Late in the year to suggest this but we need alot of Calvin&Hobbes Nes roms(35 years of the comic)
Calvin ball,Spaceman Spiff,Rpg styled,ect https://pleated-jeans.com/2011/02/14/calvin-and-hobbes-nintendo-video-game/

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #7069 on: November 08, 2020, 05:17:08 pm »
Megaman 7 but it's Astro Boy.

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube:
« Reply #7070 on: November 09, 2020, 12:20:12 pm »
Aria of Sorrow Alter support for DSVania Editor. :P
Bottom Text.

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: November 09, 2020, 07:33:33 pm »
I'm back with another Hack idea: A Super Mario All-Stars hack that fixes the end credits of SMB2 to better match Super Mario Advance's version of SMB2.

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: November 10, 2020, 05:45:05 pm »
You know, someone did a rom hack of Sonic Triple Trouble by turning it from a gamegear rom into an SMS rom in the Sonic Retro community. I wonder if the same can be done for the other Game Gear roms or something? I'm not sure if they've been done already (or if the SMS Power website counts), but it'd be neat to play the other Sonic and Tails games (let alone Sailor Moon) in those formats.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:35:52 pm by julayla »

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: November 10, 2020, 07:02:45 pm »
You know, someone did a rom hack of Sonic Triple Trouble by turning it from a gamegear rom into an SMS rom in the Sonic Retro community. I wonder if the same can be done for the other Game Gear roms or something? I'm not sure if they've been done already (or if the SMS Power website counts), but it'd be neat to play the other Sonic and Tails games (let alone Sailor Moon) in those formats.

I would love to see some Game Gear exclusives get the Sega Master System treatment, like Tail's Adventure and Tail's Sky Patrol (to continue on the Sonic theme)
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: November 10, 2020, 07:08:18 pm »
I have yet to properly investigate that side of things.

As a general notion you can play master system games on a game gear (the adapter even functions as a sun visor) but the reverse is a bit harder owing to a few minor pieces of extra hardware (otherwise it is almost identical, indeed so close almost every master system emulator will also do gamegear). Bit lighter than the technical info I normally go for when looking at this sort of thing but https://segaretro.org/Sega_Master_System/Hardware_comparison#Vs._Game_Gear
I can describe the basic process, and a bit more besides, for converting mappers on a NES game, adopting a special chip in the case of the SNES, possibly using extra RAM in saturn and N64, changing memory bank controller on a GB/GBC and converting GB to GBC as well. It can be quite the effort but is within the realm of reason (attested by several hacks and tweaks in the library on this site).
However in all of those cases you gain something for your efforts. More hardware, space, capabilities and whatnot by virtue of it. Here I am not sure what you gain and whether the effort would be worth it over a more general recreation of the games in another platform a la what a lot of community Sonic games aim for.

SkyLizardGirl

• Flooower
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #7075 on: November 10, 2020, 10:59:00 pm »

Somebody make a Ducktales 3 hack of Ducktales 2 with new ending final boss and music new areas etc.

Why has nobody done this?

Put in some level bosses that weren't used from the original Ducktales cartoon series.

(Maybe have the plot be about time-traveling to locations.)

Have a Level with a T-Rex and Cave ducks etc.

Picture for game cart: 
https://www.deviantart.com/unclelaurence/art/Ducktales-3-NES-60327019 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:04:15 pm by SkyLizardGirl »
-Blaster Master Hacker
-Learning, hacking Mario 3 currently

4lorn

• View Profile
    • Blunt Bit
« Reply #7076 on: November 11, 2020, 05:29:44 am »
Somebody make a Ducktales 3 hack of Ducktales 2 with new ending final boss and music new areas etc.

Why has nobody done this?

Put in some level bosses that weren't used from the original Ducktales cartoon series.

(Maybe have the plot be about time-traveling to locations.)

Have a Level with a T-Rex and Cave ducks etc.

Picture for game cart: 
https://www.deviantart.com/unclelaurence/art/Ducktales-3-NES-60327019

I was planning a Duck Tales hack some time ago, based on the "Treasure of the Golden Suns" serial, which I dearly loved as a kid. I had some stages drawn in paper, even, but for some reason I never made anything out of it. I know there's a full disassembly and editor of the 2nd one but I have a tendency to have too many ideas and jump from project to project, so... I don't know. It just didn't come through at the time, I guess. Maybe one day.

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: November 11, 2020, 05:20:41 pm »
hack ideas for Demon's Crest on SNES:
  • SRAM hack for saves
  • gamepad shortcuts for quick-selecting spells and crest power without opening the menu. Maybe by holding Select and pressing L to cycle through Fire/Crest powers and Select + R for spells/potions?
  • hacking tools in general for making our own levels for Demon's Crest would be amazing. There are so many ROM hacks for Super Metroid, it would be a shame if users didn't have the opportunity to create great custom games with such a cool engine and assets.
free sluffy

Santhacklaus

• View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: November 12, 2020, 08:17:27 pm »
I'm brand new here on the boards, but a long time lurker and user.  Feel free to let me know if this isn't the right place for this hack request.

For a long time, I have really wanted a "bug fix" hack for the NES version of Slalom that prevents you from slowing down when pressing down in the air to do a trick.  It always seemed like a bug, as it seems like it's also putting on the "brake" that would normally be put on to slow you down if you're skiing on the ground.  If you're in the air, there's no reason to slow down.  I'd be willing to make a modest monetary contribution for someone's time if they could make this rom hack, as it's a game I grew up with and that "bug" always kind of drove me nuts.

I've really enjoyed a lot of the other "bug fix" hacks on the site.

Thanks!

Slalom (NES) - No brake during freestyle tricks:

Slalom (U).nes
$B139:06
Game Genie: TALUPP

Slalom (E).nes
$B13D:06
Game Genie: TALUIP

VS Slalom (VS).nes
$B3C0:06
Game Genie: TEGLAL

I'm not really familiar with this game so I'm not 100% sure there are no side effects, but this fix seems to work fine.

Megatronformayor

• View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: November 12, 2020, 11:23:20 pm »
A patch for Maui Mallard for the SNES and Genesis that fixes the snapping camera when you turn around would be pretty good.