News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2522355 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6840 on: August 18, 2020, 11:14:59 pm »
2. For both Zelda 2 and The Battle Of Olympus: Make their Fireball and Sword Beam attack larger and more deadly.
Zelda 2 Redux has a hack that increases the range of both the Fire spell and the sword beam.

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: August 19, 2020, 08:01:49 am »
A hack of Elite Beat Agents for the DS that replaces the licensed songs with royalty free songs and the one from the Mega64 skit video. This came to me after watching the Mega64 skit parodying Elite Beat Agents and wondered if I wanted to hack the game and put the song from that video, and also even put the songs from Moero! Tatakae! Ouendan! into the game as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:36:41 am by A.W. Laris Borromeo »
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: August 19, 2020, 08:55:53 am »
A hack of Elite Beat Agents for the DS that replaces the licensed songs with royalty free songs and the one from the Mega64 skit video. This came to me after watching the Mega64 skit parodying Elite Beat Agents and wondered if I wanted to hack the game and put the song from that video, and also even put the songs from Moero! Tatakae! Ouendan! into the game as well.

The DS, and later devices you might be playing on, have various pieces of homebrew along these lines.
Custom Ouendan, Osu on the PC and a few others being stuff to search for as a jumping off point. If you are after music/rhythm based games then you have plenty more still in the DS homebrew world.
https://gamebrew.org/wiki/List_of_DS_homebrew_games#Music

For the 3ds I never played it but osu!3DS looks like it might be close to what you are after.

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #6843 on: August 19, 2020, 09:24:26 pm »
I'll chip in for a hack idea, how's about using these MM2 sprites of the AVGN and throw 'em into Darkwing Duck with all new fresh levels. It'd be hilarious! :D :laugh:

I'm stuck at who'd replace Launchpad. :huh:

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: August 19, 2020, 10:06:15 pm »
Hack in the Banjo Man from the box art of 'Phalanx' to replace the ship. Maybe he can ride on a rocket or something?

Supergamerguy

• Studio Ghibli fanatic, lover of all things MegaMan
    • View Profile
    • Supergamerguy's Romhacks
« Reply #6845 on: August 19, 2020, 10:56:53 pm »
Hack in the Banjo Man from the box art of 'Phalanx' to replace the ship. Maybe he can ride on a rocket or something?

:laugh: that's ingenious!

Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: August 19, 2020, 10:58:00 pm »
I'm stuck at who'd replace Launchpad. :huh:

I think Mike Matei might be a good replacement for him.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 03:45:37 am by SCD »

pocket

• Super Mario Bros. Super Nerd
    • View Profile
    • my gaming tumblr
« Reply #6847 on: August 20, 2020, 06:14:39 am »
I've been playing Ocarina of Time Redux and it's pretty great. I'm sure the same could be done for Master Quest and honestly I'd be happy with exactly that, but I think it would be even better if it was possible to add double damage from the 3DS remake as well... and possibly even mirroring the map, but I imagine that would take a lot of work and would muck up some cutscenes or something.
Somebody alert me when a user friendly BS Zelda hacking tool is made. I will give my soul to work on a faithful SNES remake of Zelda 1.

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6848 on: August 20, 2020, 11:28:33 am »
Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom, replace the in-game version of Necrofantasia with the one from Magical Astronomy.
Bottom Text

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: August 20, 2020, 05:07:51 pm »
Zelda 2 Redux has a hack that increases the range of both the Fire spell and the sword beam.

@ShadowOne - I have extended the range as well in the Zelda 2 hack I'm working on. I'd like to see something larger with a bigger hit radius like a hadouken especially the fire spell. I'd like to see the same extended to The Battle Of Olympus.
Trust in the Heart of the Cards

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: August 20, 2020, 11:50:42 pm »
I've been playing Ocarina of Time Redux and it's pretty great. I'm sure the same could be done for Master Quest and honestly I'd be happy with exactly that, but I think it would be even better if it was possible to add double damage from the 3DS remake as well... and possibly even mirroring the map, but I imagine that would take a lot of work and would muck up some cutscenes or something.
You're in for a treat, my friend.
I've been cooking up something of that vein, and it's about to bevready. Be on the lookout for it :^}

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: August 21, 2020, 08:14:41 am »
Pending that if having enemies pack twice the punch can't you make a cheat to set max health to half (assuming you don't just not pick up heart pieces). A few other hacks have done similar things over the years (usually more forcing 3 heart/5 heart* runs but same principle)

*I don't recall offhand what this one does but do note that you can have quarter hearts at points so 5 hearts is more likely to be 20 decimal in numbers somewhere in there.

Googie

• View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: August 21, 2020, 11:30:53 am »
Here's another hack idea, put Mario, Luigi, Wario & Waluigi in New Ghost busters II. I think it'd be a good fit.  :laugh: :D

Goros Lair

• View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: August 21, 2020, 12:28:22 pm »
I believe that it should be interesting the following hacks:

1 - Lost Vikings (SNES) -> 3 players mode
2 - Lost Vikings 2 (SNES) -> 3 players mode
3 - Animaniacs (SNES) - 3 players mode
4 - Herc's Adventures (PS1) - 3 players mode

C ya,
Goro.

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: August 21, 2020, 04:37:08 pm »
Here's another hack idea, put Mario, Luigi, Wario & Waluigi in New Ghost busters II. I think it'd be a good fit.  :laugh: :D

I'd sign that motion. :thumbsup:
Mega Man 7 > 3 > 2 > 9 > Wily Wars (with SRAM hack) > 5 > 6 > 4 > Powered Up > V(GB) > 10 > 1 > The Power Fighters > The Power Battle > IV(GB) > III(GB) > II(GB) > Dr. Wily's Revenge(GB) > Mega Man 8 > Mega Man and Bass > Mega Man and Bass - Challengers from the Future

julayla

• View Profile
« Reply #6855 on: August 21, 2020, 05:04:19 pm »
I believe that it should be interesting the following hacks:

1 - Lost Vikings (SNES) -> 3 players mode
2 - Lost Vikings 2 (SNES) -> 3 players mode
3 - Animaniacs (SNES) - 3 players mode
4 - Herc's Adventures (PS1) - 3 players mode

C ya,
Goro.

Yes, that would be amazing to have co-op with all three Warners to be playable in the SNES Animaniacs game

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: August 21, 2020, 07:11:47 pm »
This idea is already being implemented, the playable characters will be Mario, Luige, Wario, Waluige and Dr. A. Luado
 https://youtu.be/bC94szhZdx0
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 09:58:31 pm by Xander max »
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: August 21, 2020, 08:34:10 pm »
Esta ideia já está sendo implementada, os personagens jogáveis ​​serão Mario, Luige, Wario, Waluige e Dr. A. Luado

That's literally amazing, keep up the good work! If you could make every character distinct as well, that would be perfect.  :laugh:

Eso es literalmente increíble, mantienes el buen trabajo! Si pudieras hacer que cada personaje fuera distinto también, eso sería perfecto. :laugh:

Googie

• View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: August 22, 2020, 09:58:01 am »
This idea is already being implemented, the playable characters will be Mario, Luige, Wario, Waluige and Dr. A. Luado

Now that's what's up! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to playing this when it's done, playing with the Nintendo characters makes this game more interesting to me.  :beer:  :cookie:

EDIT: I'm with Supergamerguy, If you could make every character distinct, that would be pretty bad ass. :D     
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 11:01:59 am by Googie »

Supergamerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: August 22, 2020, 02:59:41 pm »
I'm with Supergamerguy, If you could make every character distinct, that would be pretty bad ass. :D     

I think he should be able to theoretically (I haven't tried it myself so I dont reallllllly know), but looking at gameplay, it seems like every sprite is unique to begin with so it should be possible.........