News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1820260 times)

sergiogames12

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #6420 on: March 04, 2020, 11:56:56 am »
 :) hi I wanted to put 4 kicks in the karateka hero to see the victory easier

hsialin

• View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: March 08, 2020, 07:21:41 am »
I`d be super happy if someone just fixed the garbled text on levels 4 and 5 of sugoro quest for the nes. The menu gets corrupted on levels 4 and 5 because of a text format bug.

4lorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: March 08, 2020, 03:11:33 pm »
Got interested in looking into it a while back but it's way down the priority list now: a hack that fixes the US release of The Terminator for the SEGA CD. While the Euro version uses the actual audio and voice-overs from the movie for video sequences, the US version merely repeats the Terminator theme on the sequences. Minor tampering with the files shows that the Track01 file (main game code) has compressed *.mov files inside (unreadable by any program I know) but I have yet to figure out if the movie sequences also have the audio in them, or if the audio is used separately.

gamingcat02261991

• View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: March 08, 2020, 09:05:13 pm »
Here's another idea: Playable Kano and Sonya in MK2.

blgmadresh0000

• View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: March 08, 2020, 09:49:10 pm »
has anyone ever thought of translating tamagotchi 2 and 3 for the gameboy I enjoyed the first one and I think they would also be fun to play

StarWyvwern

• Family first, then gaming and music.
    • View Profile
    • Souncloud
« Reply #6425 on: March 09, 2020, 11:29:11 pm »
 4 player NES port of Mega Man Perfect Harmony! Like, YESTERDAY!!! Or how about a MMPH2???  :angel:
Insert "Witty Text" here.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: March 10, 2020, 03:25:01 pm »
Finally finished the sprites: Game of Death game based off of Kung Fu for NES.

Thanks to Locke GB7 of spriters resource for the Kung Fu rips and also to vgmuseum. Spent all day working on this, haven't eaten yet and I'm pretty damn hungry :p Time to get tacos. Enjoy.

EDIT

Added these. Made Kareem a little thinner and added detail to the level 2 boss. I wasn't sure if Level 2 boss shared the same sprites as anyone else, but this makes him look more like the white and gold karate suit guy from the movie:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 06:10:36 pm by sil3nt_j »

mahoushounen

• View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: March 10, 2020, 08:30:20 pm »
Hello? I hope in the right place and I don't bother anyone. I'm in Italy and currently we are in the quarantine mode (the whole country) because the coronavirus is spreading fast, so I have plenty of time to look around since we are stuck home! Going straight to the point; when I was a kid I really loved (and I still do) Legend of Legaia for PSX. I found out, recently, that LOTS of PSX and old game in general have received Hard Mod, but I didn't found anything Legend of Legaia related. I have several ideas to make the game fresh; some combos are weaker than the first but gives you AP so that you are not forced to use spirit all the time and you can burst things with comboes instead. Getting rid of the max bar for the comboes, so that Noa late game can still be the ones to make more combo, make some bosses stronger, give them twice the turn, all these things and more. I would love to have the original game with its integrity but a 2.0 version, a fresh version, a funnier version.

I hope I didn't bother any of you, or I didn't post in the wrong place, thank you very much for the attention of to whoever will get interested in this.

Hopefully one day we'll have a Legend of Legaia Mod either way!

dos

• View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: March 10, 2020, 09:00:07 pm »
This is a long shot but I'm looking to find somebody who can perform a screen flip hack for Star Force (arcade). It's an old Tehkan game and they are flipped opposite to most vertical games with no screen flip dip switch, which makes it annoying to play in a cab with a normally flipped vertical screen. It's on the same hardware as Bomb Jack and invzim has already done a screen flip hack for that game (available on request). I contacted him and he said it's entirely possible ( https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/senjyo.cpp#L48 )but he is a busy guy these days and doesn't have time, totally understandable as he's running a business now.

werewolfslayr925

• View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: March 10, 2020, 09:34:51 pm »
I`d be super happy if someone just fixed the garbled text on levels 4 and 5 of sugoro quest for the nes. The menu gets corrupted on levels 4 and 5 because of a text format bug.

Seconded.
As the harbor is welcome to the sailor, so is the last line to the scribe.

- complaint in the margin of a medieval manuscript

#

• View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: March 12, 2020, 01:00:46 pm »
Finally finished the sprites: Game of Death game based off of Kung Fu for NES.

Thanks to Locke GB7 of spriters resource for the Kung Fu rips and also to vgmuseum. Spent all day working on this, haven't eaten yet and I'm pretty damn hungry :p Time to get tacos. Enjoy.

Is someone already adding those to game? If not I could probably do it on the weekend.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: March 12, 2020, 01:58:28 pm »
Not that I know of, #

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: March 12, 2020, 06:46:13 pm »
This sounds silly, but a Gunvolt or Copen (both chars from Azure Striker Gunvolt series, Copen even got his alternate timeline game) hack for NES Mega Man games could be a quite interesting challenge.

NiO

• Let's bring order to chaos
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/retrogamersmx/
« Reply #6433 on: March 13, 2020, 08:55:32 am »
Is someone already adding those to game? If not I could probably do it on the weekend.

Would be really cool if you do!

Kallisto

• View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: March 13, 2020, 10:17:25 pm »
So here is a thought that I think no romhacker really thought of yet now that we have playable zero for X2.

If you all recall there is a distinct gap of time where Zero must have been elsewhere after he was rebuilt and before he rescues X from Fake Zero and Sigma. Why not turn Megaman X2 into a Side-story that is a retelling of the First Mega Mission depending on the romhackers intentions?

Goals:
Replace the three X-hunters with Schmitt, Curtiss, and iX(another type of Copy-X if anyone is curious)
Turn the Mavericks of X2 into their limited forms or replace them all with the X1 Mavericks with their limited forms (or mix them both)
Have Mother Limited corrupted by Sigma as the Final Boss for Zero (when Zero goes to find the Super Computer).

Basically the goal here is turn the First Mega Mission to be part of the video game canon, but done very differently. Example would be iX continues to exist in Card Series after X2, but in this format he'll meet his end prematurely (thus never heard from again in the later games).

iX would be like a mirror to Fake Black Zero, basically Dr.Doppler in the background trying to get surveillance and combat data from both X and Zero.

It will also set the stage for X3.

X2 I think is the only game where you could theoretically put a fan side-story compared to the rest of the games.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 10:31:51 pm by Kallisto »

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #6435 on: March 13, 2020, 10:37:17 pm »
If you're entertaining requests, I would prefer if it was the NES "sequel" to Kung Fu, which I think was not released in the US. Wish I could recall the title.  But it looks like a superior game.
Edit: It was Spartan X 2.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:23:16 pm by PolishedTurd »

2Black2Strong

• View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: March 14, 2020, 12:15:51 pm »
Final Fantasy IV - VI : A small 1 and 2 on the hand cursors to differentiate players (some people play with an online audience)

Chrono Trigger - Allow input from both player 1 and 2

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: March 15, 2020, 12:40:47 am »
Yeah Polished, but the first game was more like the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHWh9KRNIXY

terinindrell

• View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: March 15, 2020, 03:10:55 am »
A restoration hack of Return of Double Dragon similar to the one done on Super Ghouls'n Ghosts where most of the slowdown was removed would be appreciated. There's already a hack on here that removes the 30FPS framerate limiter so the first big hurdle is already cleared. I just think it would vastly improve that game.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4261/

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3473/

Raylene2K7

• View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: March 15, 2020, 11:39:17 am »
I'd love to see a lot of new translations (like Racing Lagoon, Toukon Retsuden 1-4, Wrestle Kingdom 1 & 2, King of Colosseum 1 & 2, ... ) but the Hacks I'd like to see the most are FPS hacks/improvements of StarFox and Stunt Race FX