As of late I keep on going back to play Parodius Portable due easy access and customization to all the games inside - but I keep noticing the replaced music in various levels throughout the series related to copyright infringement thought could a restoration patch be done to alleviate this?
It'd be on the following:
- Stage 4 (Ah! Traveling Japan) in Parodius Da ("The Sabre Dance" by Aram Khachaturian, "Hungarian Dance No. 5" by Johannes Brahms in PSP-version)
- Stage 1 (Circo Porto Harborland) ("In the Mood" by Joe Garland, "Turkey in the Straw" - American Folk song in PSP-version)
- Stage 4 Boss (Decoration Core) in Gokujyo Parodius ( "Mambo No. 5" by Damaso Perez Prado, "The Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" by Leon Jessel in PSP-version)
- Stage 1 (Disco) ("That's the Way (I Like It)" from the 1975 eponymous album by K.C. and the Sunshine Band, Replaced by "Brilliant2U" from Dance Dance Revolution by Naoki Maeda in PSP-version)
- Omake 2 in Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius - Forever With Me ("TRUTH" by T-Square, changed to original song inspired by it in PSP-version)
- Stage 1 (Farm) (This one's very weird. Mostly this has to do with ""Hokkaido ha dokoniaru? Kokoniaru!"-jingle by Gontiti, which got removed in PSP-version. For this reason, PSP-version we get fully recomposed song for this level, which illustrates my problem with changed soundtrack: the replaced songs feel much lower and "artificial" in tone enough to feel jarring next to rest of the original, manic soundtracks from these games.
The kicker though? An Asian release existed for Sexy Parodius which already did this, but kept the rest of the song still intact. In fact one of the songs from this release got reused in PSP-version nonetheless.
-Stage 3A (Geisha Palace Boss - Mayim Mayim / Israeli Folksong, Russian folk song "Korobushka" in PSP-version)
- Stage 4A (Girl Warehouse, "El Bimbo" by Claude Ciari, "Symphony No.40" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in PSP-version, strangely picked from the Asian Arcade-releases from unused songs inside Sexy Parodius's original game files. I'm torn on this one since this one's composed for the game back in it's original release, so it's much more seamless as a replacement.)