News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1337964 times)

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #5980 on: August 05, 2019, 06:16:27 am »
Hey guys, Anais/Laris here and I have two hack ideas regarding the first Twisted Metal and a crossover hack with Vigilante 8 in Twisted Metal 4.
When was playing Twisted Metal 1 recently, and I realised, that the lost endings (the cutscenes) that were removed from the original game and replaced with text scroll, but they were in Twisted Metal Head On Extra Twisted Edition for PS2, should be restored. Also include Memory card saving in the first 3 games, since the games has passwords (it came out before the PS1 memory card, and also TM4 has memory card saving.)
Also what if the Vigilantes, the Coyotes and Groove Champion got into the Twisted Metal tournament? That's what the crossover hack is about - playable Vigilante 8 and Interstate 76/82 vehicles as well (Twisted Metal 4 only, since that game out after the original Vigilante 8 game).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:29:10 am by A.W. Laris Borromeo »
I believe the morning sun, always gonna shine again.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: August 05, 2019, 12:47:22 pm »
Also include Memory card saving in the first 3 games, since the games has passwords (it came out before the PS1 memory card, and also TM4 has memory card saving.)
They came out before the PS1 was released??

was talking about this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjzFt8Sqpk
That would actually be really easy. If you make the sprites I can insert them into the game for you in no time at all.

sil3nt_j

• View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: August 05, 2019, 06:32:27 pm »
ha, good deal, I will make those when i have time. i don't know when that will be though.

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: August 05, 2019, 11:13:46 pm »
They came out before the PS1 was released??
I meant to say that SingleTrac (the developers) did not implement any memory card saving in the first three games, because at the time of the first game's development they didn't opted to use memory cards despite the memory card already came out at the time (same with WarHawk), and most people didn't have any PS1 memory card either, so they opted to use passwords. SingleTrac's later game Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012 has memory card saving.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 03:49:59 am by A.W. Laris Borromeo »

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: August 06, 2019, 03:13:56 am »
Idea: 2 player vs. battles in Kirby Super Star.

Essentially, you'd be able to choose a Helper each and battle each other. I think you'd come close to a SFC Smash Bros.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #5985 on: August 07, 2019, 11:09:20 am »
Kid Chameleon (MD)
-Save feature
-Hub map screen (like Rondo of Blood for example)
-Control & hit box tweaks
-Randomizer
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Heaven Piercing Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: August 08, 2019, 05:23:56 pm »
Idea: 2 player vs. battles in Kirby Super Star.

Essentially, you'd be able to choose a Helper each and battle each other. I think you'd come close to a SFC Smash Bros.

After all, SSB has always been a Kirby game.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: August 08, 2019, 06:17:35 pm »
SS (Super Smash?) always felt like a spiritual predecessor to me.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: August 09, 2019, 08:35:21 am »
If someone can, it would be nice to hack Samurai Warriors Chronicles to increase the starting level of officers to 10, increase Favor and Gold gain, increase the time limit in Challenge Mode from 5 to 15 minutes and fix some text screwups.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #5989 on: August 09, 2019, 12:49:37 pm »
Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo (SNES)
General/Book 1:
-Less random battle results (weaker criticals and doubles, sometimes you'll dodge several attacks in a row and sometimes none currently)
-Faster leveling early on and perhaps higher starting levels for most chars
-More common and/or universal promotion items
-Somewhat easier final level or a warning at a good point before it
-Added "restart scenario" option
-Control/interface: Can see a unit's base stats without selecting it, memory cursor, can see a unit's items without picking it on the army selection screen, unabbreviated stats and gear names, can see what a broken weapon used to be, can speed up or skip individual animations, faster and more responsive shop menus and faster movement animations (can't currently turn off movement animations and for some reason low level chars move slower), can buy more than one of something at once, menus wrap around, more responsive cursor on fast speed, can move the cursor over tiles a unit can't walk to while choosing where to move, faster HP refill animation for units in forts
-Can use a healing item on an adjacent unit and a mage char also can use a staff item on themselves
-A warning that if you didn't get the star & light orbs in chapter 15 the game becomes much harder a few scenarios later
-Can see in advance where and how your army will be deployed
-Gain some gold before the third scenario since there are shops in each battle
-Buffed currently weak characters (wolf/villuck, george, maria?, saji, maji, ricardo, ellis, alan, roshe?, zaggaro?, caezer/caesar?, samson?, boa?, mishelan?, ), -Less random difficulty in the coliseums
Restored content from the original NES game (5 scenarios and the 6 chars appearing in them (Wrys, Darros, Roger, Jake, Beck, Gotoh)
-Harder chapter 17 after getting to the man who gives you the starlight spell
-Somewhat less easy to grind without any real danger near forts
-Somewhat smaller maps for scenarios with tedious travel distances
-A low level archer can enter mountain terrain (meaning you can get to the other side of the map in the first Book 2 battle)

Book 2:
-Vulnerary shop early on and a bit easier to level your chars (for example a lvl 2 mage should level up from killing a dragon knight)
-Warning that you shouldn't beat the enemy army in ch7
-Can see what the star shards do in-game
-Somewhat easier second scenario - the wyverns
-Buffed currently weak chars (machis, alan (only starts out good), samto, more?; mediocre: luke, warren (low speed growth in particular), mallesia?, ricardo (good starting weapon though), george (good base stats and starting bow but low growth), )
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

#

• View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: August 09, 2019, 08:29:04 pm »
If someone can, it would be nice to hack Samurai Warriors Chronicles to increase the starting level of officers to 10, increase Favor and Gold gain, increase the time limit in Challenge Mode from 5 to 15 minutes and fix some text screwups.
If someone does create your hack it can't be uploaded on this site currently. The 3DS is still considered a restricted platform:

http://www.romhacking.net/policy/#Restricted_Consoles_and_Platforms

A.W. Laris Borromeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: August 09, 2019, 09:22:54 pm »
A hack of Twisted Metal Black for PS2 to include (and connect) the four levels of the supposed sequel Twisted Metal Black Harbor City, found in Twisted Metal Head-On - Extra Twisted Edition for PS2. The levels were used to be from the game in development, but due to several six development members died in an plane crash (not sure if this happened), the levels were included in the PS2 port of the PSP game. Too bad this game could've been made instead of the PS3 reboot from 2012 (at least some mechanics were in the reboot).
Also, a hack of Rogue Trip Vacation 2012 (PS1) to include Twisted Metal vehicles and a fix for the gas button not working in analog mode.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 09:28:23 pm by A.W. Laris Borromeo »

ISeeOnlyDespair

• View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: August 09, 2019, 11:18:40 pm »
This isn't so much a request for a ROM Hack as it is a request for "information".

I know that people have made software to aid in altering RPG games such as Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (aka with Lion Editor and such).

What I'd like to know is if anyone knows of any projects currently being worked on (or finished) to aid in creating your own ROM Hacks for the following games:

• Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
    Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Tanks a bunch!

Neon Streetlight

• View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: August 10, 2019, 07:29:26 am »
In Super Mario All-Stars, it always bothered me that they swapped the kings’ transformed sprites to match enemies and characters from previous games. For instance, the king who was transformed into a turtle is now transformed into a Dino from Super Mario World.

I’d love to see a hack that recreates the original creatures with updated All-Star-style graphics and brings them back into the game.

There were several other graphics changes (World 8 levels and end of stage backgrounds went from white outlines to full color) that changed the feel of the game for me also. I can see the hack optionally restoring those changes as well.

OM1979

• View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: August 10, 2019, 10:38:10 pm »
As you may already know, the Retro-bit Super Retrocade mini console is capable of running roms off an SD card without any kind of hacking. It uses the Genesis Plus GX emulator for Genesis and Game Gear games. However, an error or oversight on the OS or GUI, cannot recognize the .sms extension and doesn't run most Master System games. It is possible to run certain SMS and SG-1000 games, such as the FM sound games and Chinese MSX conversions, by changing the extension to .gg. Due to the mapper recognition of Genesis Plus GX, the emulator runs those games as SMS or SG-1000 even if they have the Game Gear extension.
So, I wonder if it is possible to patch other SMS roms to fool the Genesis Plus GX and force it to run them as SMS or SG-1000 games even if they have the .gg extension.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: August 12, 2019, 09:10:46 pm »
This isn't so much a request for a ROM Hack as it is a request for "information".

I know that people have made software to aid in altering RPG games such as Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (aka with Lion Editor and such).

What I'd like to know is if anyone knows of any projects currently being worked on (or finished) to aid in creating your own ROM Hacks for the following games:

• Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
    Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Tanks a bunch!

Don't know about the others but I for one would love to see a Bestiary made for FFVI that can work with Woolsey Uncensored.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: August 13, 2019, 02:23:57 am »
I normally don't like posting in this thread but I have insomnia.

Has anyone attempted to poke at DQ 3 SNES enough to figure out how hard it would be to update the translation/naming conventions to more modern DQ fare? Not even saying make it pun city like they like to do, but it's been 10 years since the fan translation came out I believe and apparently they were still stuck in a Tales of Phantasia SNES mindset (fucks like a tiger etc etc) when an NPC in the sleeping town literally says "i could have been raped!".

also obligatory annual mention of Wild Arms 2 needing a script and font facelift

Neon Streetlight

• View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: August 13, 2019, 09:47:31 am »
I normally don't like posting in this thread but I have insomnia.

Has anyone attempted to poke at DQ 3 SNES enough to figure out how hard it would be to update the translation/naming conventions to more modern DQ fare? Not even saying make it pun city like they like to do, but it's been 10 years since the fan translation came out I believe and apparently they were still stuck in a Tales of Phantasia SNES mindset (fucks like a tiger etc etc) when an NPC in the sleeping town literally says "i could have been raped!".

also obligatory annual mention of Wild Arms 2 needing a script and font facelift

I completely agree. The original NES games have gotten a lot of much-needed love lately from Chicken Knife and Choppasmith. It would be nice to see that same care given to the SNES remake since it’s such a solid version of the game.

JeanBaMac

• View Profile
Please make new patches for SMAS+W (U)
« Reply #5998 on: August 13, 2019, 04:15:14 pm »
Hello all.
In the American version of SMAS+W:
- The "in the dark" chatter different of the Japanese version. This was changed because the line, "One more beer please" can be heard in the background in the Japanese version, and Nintendo of America did not allow mention of alcoholic drinks at the time.
- In the international versions, the hints the Princess gives you in her letters received at the end of Worlds 2 and 3 switched places with each other in the localization process. (This would later be corrected when the game was remade for Game Boy Advance.)
So, at the end of World 2 in the Japanese version, the Princess gives you a hint about the white blocks that are first encountered in World 3. And at the end of World 3 in the Japanese version, the Princess gives you a hint about Kuribo/Goomba's Shoe encountered in World 5.
In the American version of the game, those hints are reversed.

Please make a patch who fixes that.

lexluthermiester

• View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: August 13, 2019, 11:47:43 pm »
Yeah. At this point, it doesn't take much to be groundbreaking when it comes to N64 hacking because not much has been done with it to date.
MIPS was not well known even back then, greatly less so now. Kinda makes sense really.

Don't know about the others but I for one would love to see a Bestiary made for FFVI that can work with Woolsey Uncensored.
I like this idea