News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1471793 times)

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #4800 on: March 31, 2018, 11:16:39 am »
Now that the SNES port of Wolfenstein 3D will be uncensored soon, I would like to see someone decensor Duke Nukem 64.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: March 31, 2018, 11:24:50 am »
With 9 selectable characters this port is considered the best copy of SF2 for Nes for its graphics and gameplay. It is incredible that a pirate game achieved what seemed impossible when many fans of the original game shouted for a port for the Nintendo.

This title ( Super Fighter III ) is the most complete and playable, it is worth giving a little new graphic hack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC-srP6ZKM8

- apply some sprites screen of the GameBoy port version in Nes pirate game
- Background Colors
- names of the fighters

and a little more ......... what can be done :-\.........apply famitracker music patch 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzOUjfC5XU :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKB6SZ5cGy0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7BfIC0W38

Don't forget the fact that the game gets stuck in the same background in 2 Player mode, always the China stage. Only in single player you get to see the other stges.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #4802 on: March 31, 2018, 11:44:38 am »
How do you do this with a television screen?

Lie down on the sofa. :D

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: March 31, 2018, 03:01:08 pm »
Don't forget the fact that the game gets stuck in the same background in 2 Player mode, always the China stage. Only in single player you get to see the other stges.

Exactly has some fix a few bugs that need to be corrected in the hack improve ;)

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: April 01, 2018, 04:57:58 pm »
Would it be possible to hack the GBA/GBC exclusive features into Mario All Stars?

So Mario 1 gets a separate Luigi mode, Mario 2 gets "A" coins, and Mario 3 gets its E Levels and exclusive power ups?

shakunetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: April 01, 2018, 07:01:20 pm »
SF2 series Optimize control layout for 3 Button Pad for Genesis.

LP: Tap A BTN  LK: Hold A BTN
MP: Tap B BTN  MK: Hold B BTN
HP: Tap C BTN  HK: Hold C BTN

SF2 series Optimize control layout for 4 Button Pad for SNES.

LP: Tap Y BTN   LK: Tap B BTN
MP: Tap X BTN   MK: Tap A BTN
HP: Hold X BTN  HK: Hold A BTN

SF2 Optimize control layout for 2 button PC Engine's handheld The Turbo Express.

Light Normal: TAP
Mid Normal: Back+TAP
Heavy Normal: HOLD

SF2 Sega Master Update/Remastered

-Clean background remove NPC
-Replace Ken's Tatsu with Shoryuken
-Fireball Pallete change to blue instead of red.
-Responsive and Forgiving special move execution commands.
-Increase the horizontal distance from the ground or increase the Y axis not ground bound special moves
  ie Hurricane kick. To look visually more akin to other SF2 games in visual standpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97uaJrUmzho

SF2 Nes port with Gameboy and Spectrum sprites colored.

- Either porting the stages from GB version or the C64 version but using Gameboy and Spectrum character sprites

Hyper SF2(ARC) easy pick World Warrior bosses by holding start

- Easy selectable and accessible WW bosses, if even possible to add Violent Ken and Evil Ryu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZQLO9bjYI

SF2 GB COLOR Port

Something like this

Colorized by Liamh1982

from

http://handheldworld.tumblr.com/

There were other works interpretation of colored version that is completed by Seong-jin for Mugen Stage. That can be used as inspiration.

Here are the rest of the SF2 GB stages that are recolored

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=122-street-fighter-ii&page=3

Translations English

-MTG (Dreamcast)
-YuYu Hakusho Tokubehuten (Snes)
-Sankyo Fever 4 (PsX)
-SF2 Movie Game (PsX)
-KOF Kyo English (PsX)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: April 02, 2018, 11:37:50 am »
Would it be possible to hack the GBA/GBC exclusive features into Mario All Stars?

So Mario 1 gets a separate Luigi mode, Mario 2 gets "A" coins, and Mario 3 gets its E Levels and exclusive power ups?
Weren't the A coins in SMB2 originally from the Satellaview games?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Ar8temis008

• View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: April 02, 2018, 03:35:54 pm »
Weren't the A coins in SMB2 originally from the Satellaview games?
Sort of. BS Mario 2 had Mario statues as collectables, it was the same idea but the placement was different and you had to pick them up the same way you did 1 up mushrooms instead of just touching them. That gives me an even better idea...

What if BS Mario 2 was expanded to World 7 and was fully playable without the clock system. So it would just be an enhanced port of Mario 2 on the SNES.

lich

• View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: April 04, 2018, 09:05:41 am »
When I was in my early teens I loved playing this PC game called "Elasto Mania", it's a motorcycle trials game. Here's how it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Dz6Wtm1Go

How difficult it is to make this in to a fully working SNES game? Is it even possible to port/rip PC-games? I've been searching around for this type of game for the SNES but I can't find anything. This type of game would be like a dream come true.

Here you can download it for free from their official (?) homepage: http://www.elastomania.com
More info: http://download.cnet.com/Elasto-Mania/3000-2115_4-10042849.html

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: April 04, 2018, 11:12:40 am »
How difficult it is to make this in to a fully working SNES game?
As difficult as it is to write an entire game from scratch. :P

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: April 04, 2018, 05:25:11 pm »
When I was in my early teens I loved playing this PC game called "Elasto Mania", it's a motorcycle trials game.

I've been searching around for this type of game for the SNES but I can't find anything. This type of game would be like a dream come true.

I assume you are familiar with motocross champion/maniacs, albeit for the NES and handhelds.

There is also unirally https://hg101.kontek.net/unirally/unirally.htm

Today there are a thousand games like it, most of them made in the Trials boom a few years back but unlike most times clones are made then an awful lot of them are surprisingly playable.

Mystery Hacks

• View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: April 05, 2018, 05:11:19 pm »
You know what could be cool?
A Rom Hack of Final Fight One on the GBA that allows playing you as Lucia, Sodom, Maki and Dean!
I'd 100% play such a hack if possible.

lich

• View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: April 06, 2018, 04:23:41 am »
As difficult as it is to write an entire game from scratch. :P

Well then  :laugh: Didn't know it was this difficult. Then I guess I'll never see this being made :/ 2 bad since it's really really addictive and fun.

April 06, 2018, 04:25:20 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I assume you are familiar with motocross champion/maniacs, albeit for the NES and handhelds.

There is also unirally https://hg101.kontek.net/unirally/unirally.htm

Today there are a thousand games like it, most of them made in the Trials boom a few years back but unlike most times clones are made then an awful lot of them are surprisingly playable.

Yeah, familiar with all of those games but none of them are a trials game. Yeah many awful releases and many good ones were released during the hype. I still play Trials Fusion on my xbox one now and then. That's a good one.

Psycho Fox

• View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: April 06, 2018, 10:34:15 am »
More GBA hacks in general.  For some reason, I'm not a huge fan of the SNES but I love the GBA.  It drives me crazy to see all those hacks for F-Zero, Super Mario Kart and the Mario games but so few for the GBA equivalents!

Mario Kart Super Circuit is a better game (IMHO) than SMK, F-Zero: MV is a better game (IMHO) than F-Zero and, well, Mario is Mario, I suppose. :P

So, get to it guys.  Port your levels and tracks over to the little machine that could.

PS:  Full Disclosure:  This post isn't entirely serious.  I, personally, wouldn't even know where to begin! :)

zstandig

• View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: April 08, 2018, 12:57:57 pm »
Now that the SNES port of Wolfenstein 3D will be uncensored soon, I would like to see someone decensor Duke Nukem 64.

I agree, renaming things and changing textures would be a great change.  I think it's best to leave the level and weapon changes alone though.

April 08, 2018, 01:06:34 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
More GBA hacks in general.  For some reason, I'm not a huge fan of the SNES but I love the GBA.  It drives me crazy to see all those hacks for F-Zero, Super Mario Kart and the Mario games but so few for the GBA equivalents!

Mario Kart Super Circuit is a better game (IMHO) than SMK, F-Zero: MV is a better game (IMHO) than F-Zero and, well, Mario is Mario, I suppose. :P

So, get to it guys.  Port your levels and tracks over to the little machine that could
PS:  Full Disclosure:  This post isn't entirely serious.  I, personally, wouldn't even know where to begin! :)

One of the things I never liked about F-Zero: MV is that the Falcon Mk-2 has to be unlocked.  I feel they should be playable in the beginning.  Captain Falcon is F-Zero.  Without him it just isn't the same.  That's my take.  Also, Wind Walker and Sly Joker should be uncensored back to Crazy Horse and Dirty Joker along with the uncensored portraits

So yeah, start with the Falcon and decensorization
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 01:06:34 pm by zstandig »

mikael43

• View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: April 11, 2018, 01:27:11 am »
hello everyone, I would like to know if it is possible to delete the word super Mario censored and link zelda to the past.
There are redux versions for super mario all star plus smw and zelda link to the past.
I would like to know if someone like scd who has already worked on redux versions.
the goal will be to get closer to the original versions of super famicom (yoshi brown arm and pink hair tie) and apply a patch on the world of the super mario.
Why not an uncensored patch for its 2 games with an optional patch of yoshi color and link hair.
it will be really cool to make his patch compatible with zelda link to the past to another language (canadian, pal french, pal german for example)
Thank you

April 11, 2018, 03:45:16 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
hello, add the moon stage ruy on street fighter 2 turbo snes to make the game a little more faithful to the version arcade

April 11, 2018, 04:03:30 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hello, I dream of a street fighter 2 turbo SNES hack that will change the colors of the courses replace by the versions of world warrior.
I find their rendering more pleasurable in the whole scene more enjoyable I always found the blue carpet bizzare on stage dalshim or ryu night sky of the absence of the moon, the orange sky style of the sun is more beautiful on the ryu stage is full of example as his.
I have always found the choice of the colors of the internship since the version champion edition the choice of the colors stage ml chooses for certain its rendering can be better.
street fighter 2 world warrior it's the original but if we could take the best of both talking about street fighter 2 turbo, we will have the ultimate version.
color of the courses of the world warrior.
the representation during the selection of the more virile combatants on street fighter 2 turboplus the good stage of the barrels plus the additional voices.
It will be really cool to rework street fighter 2 turbo remains the best 16-bit version.
thank you very much
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:03:30 am by mikael43 »

sub_atomic

• View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: April 15, 2018, 03:18:53 pm »
On another subject, what I DO want to see is someone retranslating the Illusion of Gaia. I mean I respect the game, but the translation itself needs a heck of a lot of work and correcting.
YES! Illusion of Gaia could really benefit from a re-trans. Here's a great thread about it: https://www.terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1926

Dark_the_Eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: April 16, 2018, 03:13:23 am »
So, I'm not sure how difficult this would be, as I'm no hacker myself. I was playing Megaman: Maverick Hunter X for the PSP recently, and I noticed that there was a MASSIVE difference in the charging time from the original and the remake. I thought that perhaps there could be a patch to reduce the charging time to match the SNES original. In addition, I'm sure this would be FAR more difficult to implement, but changing the Armor Capsules to match the original as well would be interesting. I know that some objects would have to be moved or removed in order to make all of the capsules accessible, which would further increase the difficulty of making the hack. I dunno, just throwing an idea out there.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: April 16, 2018, 12:11:15 pm »
a Street Fighter Alpha port of the best fighting game of GameBoyColor in the Nes ;)

it is possible with mapper UNROM / MMC1 to port / adapt it to Nes :-\

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: April 16, 2018, 12:55:49 pm »
GBC and NES used completely different hardware. You can't port it, only rewrite it (like a billion pirate games have already done).