News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 2341875 times)

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #3260 on: September 17, 2016, 12:15:46 am »
I'd love to see a Mega Man hack using the robot masters from Mega Man 5 from the Gameboy game... ^_^
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:20:57 am by Googie »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: September 17, 2016, 08:28:47 pm »
According to The Cutting Room Floor, the GBA version of Wolfenstien 3D does have music. The reason the music doesn't play is because BAM! Entertainment either forgot to finish the coding or they rushed the game out to stores and didn't give the programmers the time they need to finish the coding. If someone can finish the coding and get the music to work in this port, that would be great.

Another cool hack I would like to see for the GBA port of Wolfenstein 3D is someone turns the game into a GBA port of Spear of Destiny.
I wasn't aware of that.
It would be amazing if the GBA port could be hacked to implement the proper code for the music loading.
I would certainly love to see that happen, as the GBA port is quite a good one compared to the SNES port.
The thing though is that we have ECWolf now.  Given proper optimization and the like, a version of that sourceport for flashcarts would maybe be possible and a better deal.  That would include Spear of Destiny.

Ryan914

• View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: September 18, 2016, 01:16:59 am »
What about a complete overhaul of FF5 Advance to make an GBA version of FF3 NES?

It will be one hell of a project to pull something like that off.

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: September 18, 2016, 02:01:03 am »
I would like to see a patch that adds the number 4 to the title screen of The Adventures Of Lolo for Game Boy.

September 18, 2016, 02:39:52 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Another idea that would be cool is converting Dracula X Snes into another Castlevania Game.
Every time I use the Patch where you can put the hero from The Bloodletting in, It makes me want to make a custom game that actually has that hero in the story.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:39:52 am by Sephirous »

BoldHeart

• View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: September 18, 2016, 06:16:01 am »
would it be possible for someone to turn gba rom link multiplayer games into wireless adaptor multiplayer games so they can be played over netplay using vba link?..
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 04:34:48 pm by BoldHeart »

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: September 19, 2016, 05:07:01 pm »
I am seeking a person of talent to create a simple sprite hack of Super Mario All-Stars/World so Mario in Super Mario Bros. 3 is wearing white gloves identical to the ones in Super Mario Advance 4. I would appreciate the help, let me know is anyone is interested.
It is simple. Just colour his hand and buttons in white on sprites of that you mention. Only there is one problem that i dont know because i'm amateur but i'm aware that might be an issue. Maybe Super Mario All Stars/World and Super Mario Bros 3 use color palette for Mario likenes.

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: September 19, 2016, 05:50:08 pm »
This is a hack or re-translation request.

I'm a swede and sweden have a few games that has been translated into swedish.

for NES

Shadowgate
Deja Vu
Maniac Mansion

For Game Boy

Sword of Hope

for SNES

Shadowrun
Tintin in Tibet

some of these translations was quite good actually.

however the translations for Sword of Hope and Shadowgate are horrible.

In shadow gate the letter Å (prounounced Oh) is not used at all, instead all places where the letter should be is replaced by the letter Ä (prounounced Eh) also every single item is in predetermined form like (The Sword, the Skull and The Potion.)

so my request is to remake the Swedish version of Shadowgate and sword of hope to actually made sense when read i swedish.

RandomHeretic

• View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: September 19, 2016, 07:13:26 pm »
Comment removed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:18:43 am by RandomHeretic »

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: September 19, 2016, 07:57:54 pm »
Well i don't know much about hacking, so i thought i should see if anybody who speaks swedish does.

I've been concidering it though.

Rodimus Primal

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: September 19, 2016, 08:58:42 pm »
I'd love to see a Mega Man hack using the robot masters from Mega Man 5 from the Gameboy game... ^_^

More than that, I'd like to see the 5 Mega Man games remade using the NES games as a base so that we get full color versions of all of them. And for the title, call the Mega Man World 1-5.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: September 19, 2016, 10:20:15 pm »
When I saw this hack

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,14382.msg208492.html#msg208492

I thought: Why can't do the same to the SNES ROM? So we can get more faithful to its Arcade, and get rid of the Sheeva glitch(re-inserting Sheeva, of course)?

There are cartridge space issues, or what?

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: September 19, 2016, 10:33:45 pm »
When I saw this hack

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,14382.msg208492.html#msg208492

I thought: Why can't do the same to the SNES ROM? So we can get more faithful to its Arcade, and get rid of the Sheeva glitch(re-inserting Sheeva, of course)?

There are cartridge space issues, or what?
Not too hack friendly I imagine.There are no tools made for it, so it would have to be hard-hacking instead of relying on tools.
Most of that would require heavy ASM tickering.
Honestly I'd be more than satisfied if we could get a proper uncensored version which matches the arcade content (restore gore and fatalities).

That would make it the perfect MK port.
From then, a Reptile, Goro and Shang Tsung playable hack would be neat, but I perefer the Uncensored idea.

Satoshi_Matrix

• Retro & Contemporary Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Retro & Contemporary Gaming Archives
« Reply #3272 on: September 19, 2016, 11:44:57 pm »
Hey, I know some of you guys do ROM hacking was wondering if someone could do a small request.

Megaman 2 for GameBoy is a decent game, but the background music is rather awful - too high pitched and just not well done at all.

I'd like to play the game with the music muted, but not the sound effects. Could someone take a look and please see if it's possible to mute the bgms but not the sound effects? An ips patch that does this would be great, and a GameGenie code that could do the same effect would be even better as I could use it on the real hardware.

Thanks for any help!

RandomHeretic

• View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: September 20, 2016, 03:04:51 am »
Comment removed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:19:26 am by RandomHeretic »

jimstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: September 20, 2016, 09:41:13 am »
Thanks! I shall atleast take a look.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: September 20, 2016, 09:53:52 am »
More than that, I'd like to see the 5 Mega Man games remade using the NES games as a base so that we get full color versions of all of them. And for the title, call the Mega Man World 1-5.

Funny, this is how Megaman Odyssey started at the beginning. A NES hack of MM3 recreating MM III-IV or V.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: September 20, 2016, 07:56:16 pm »
Digimon World (PS1)

I just  posted this as a suggestion on a Personal Projects thread, but it might as well be a separate thing...

An improvement hack to reduce "reset until you get it" situations brought up by stuff happening by chance.

Always lean techniques in battles
The first and most important, is to learn techniques with a 100% success when your Digimon sees in battle a technique he's able to learn. Some attacks are tied to specific event battles (you either get them there, or you're stuck trying to learn them by a minimal chance during Brain training... again, a "game-resetting" scenario), ... so even after going through the trouble of planning ahead which Digimon to use during each major event battle (which should be enough trouble I think), you still have to reset the game "until you get it".
This is the way it works now in more modern Digimon World titles like next 0rder (as I understand), and I think it's a great idea.

Have your tamer level go up consistently
Medals and tournaments aside... Sometimes you get a level up when your Digimon evolves to champion and/or ultimate, sometimes you don't. FAQs recommend "save before your Digimon is about to evolve, reset if you don't get a level up". Since Tamer Level plays such an important role to get progressively better Digimon (keep a bigger fraction of the faded Digimon's stats with each level), having it depend on luck to such extent slows down the game a lot.
Again, I believe this should be consistent. Gaining a level each 100% of times your Digimon evolves to a new Champion or new Ultimate would be a lot better.

I also believe an optional "easy mode" what doubles or triples training gains would be great for replays

mimy

• View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: September 21, 2016, 05:50:35 am »
Modding Pokemon TCG GBC to have custom cards and cards from later sets.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: September 21, 2016, 07:05:58 am »
We do occasionally see people ask to change cards in TCG games, pokemon featuring heavily among those.
The trouble with that is it will tend to break the AI, which is not the best to begin with. If you only want to play against humans then it is more doable but the cards are usually limited for a good reason
Choice article covering some things
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/duels-planeswalkers-all-about-ai-2014-02-13

TonyBiH

• View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: September 21, 2016, 08:40:39 am »
I would like to see improvement of Ultimate League Soccer NES unlicenced game. Game have better gameplay than Soccer for NES but poor sprites. If somebody could import Soccer sprites or make better than original it would be nice.  :)