News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1959643 times)

arnoldpoohwilliams

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #2440 on: December 27, 2015, 11:41:22 pm »
1. advance guardian hero's gba the hack to that should be all characters unlock when you donate crystals to the lab.
2. castlevania aria sorrow gba hack should be play as alucard from sotn  Jonathan and Charlotte form Portrait of Ruin and Shanoa.
3. dbz buus fury gba hack should be were u play as all characters including people and enemies too.
4. Gyakuten Saiban gba 1 2 3 aka ace attorney fully translated English to all three games.
5. final fight one gba make all streetfighter alpha 3 characters play able in the game I personally think that would be a good hack maybe 3rd strike characters as well.
6. Naruto Ninja Council 2 gba play as enemy characters and others from Ninja Council 3 as well.
7. one piece gba hack where u can play the jump ultimate stars characters such as kujo kenshin goku any u want playable.
8.Tales Of The World - Narikiri Dungeon 3 this hack should be were you play as every tales character such as aspel luke senel jude caius anybody u want.
and to be honest I don't know how to mod a game but If I can I will do all these mods or someone might do it for me and everyone because I these were made they be fun to play
SHORYUKEN!!!

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 28, 2015, 02:28:29 am »
Item sorting fix for Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSP). I read that the US PSX version is superior over the JP version b/c of the added item sorting feature, but not carried over to the PSP version.

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 28, 2015, 12:27:13 pm »
Honestly as for Narikiri Dungeon I'd prefer a full translation patch to playing as all characters. Though some custom outfits might be cool or even starting off with certain outfits which wouldn't be too hard I don't think

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 30, 2015, 08:51:38 am »
Strider (PC-Engine CD): A hack that would do all this to it:

Change all the colors in the game to make it look more like the arcade game.
Restore missing frames of animation to all the sprites in the game.
Fix the game up to make it more like the arcade game.
Give the Amazoness enemies their unused uncensored arcade sprites.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 30, 2015, 08:52:21 am »
I don't know if it is possible but might be:
- Make the "encounter zones" visible in Crisis Core.
- Have "encounter zones" have 10% chance of triggering per 60 seconds you walk within it.

Pemburu Vampir

• View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: December 30, 2015, 10:23:19 pm »
Playing as Hugh Baldwin in Castlevania Circle of the Moon. And I can almost do it. Just need some text hacking now. Which I still can't do. :(

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 31, 2015, 04:10:45 pm »
In Zelda II, make leveling up decrease your stats. Start Link with maximum stats (not containers) and disable the cancel option in the level up menu.

Edit: Save & quit via second controller to be disabled too, to make end-of-palace exp less avoidable.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:47:59 am by Jeville »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 31, 2015, 11:23:35 pm »
In Zelda II, make leveling up decrease your stats. Start Link with maximum stats (not containers) and disable the cancel option in the level up menu.

That's probably the best idea I've ever read in this thread.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Chaos Rush

• View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: January 01, 2016, 12:47:16 am »
How about hacking the NES Mario games to add in the new songs created for Super Mario All-Stars and the Super Mario Advance series?
I would like for this, in addition to SRAM saving for all four games. I know that there's already a "Super Mario All-Stars NES" hack out there but it doesn't work fully on FCEUGX for Wii. I think it would be nicer to have all four as separate NES ROMs, but each with their own save feature.

Other ideas:
1. Super Mario World - save the Dragon Coins you collect so that they basically act like the Star Coins in the NSMB games.

2. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls - revert the graphics to their 8-bit originals along with 8-bit music

3. Final Fantasy V Advance color restoration (I've never played any version, but the GBA version appeals most to me because it's an official translation, and it can be played with buttons. No way am I going to play the mobile verison)

4. Final Fantasy IV Advance - replace the game's text with the DS translation

5. SMA4: Super Mario Bros. 3 color restoration

6. Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - restore the map sizes in Kanto back to how big they were in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow (but layout changes are still okay as to give a "three years later" feel). Give the game a proper JRPG level curve - that means the Kanto Gym Leaders should have higher levels than Lance, idk what Game Freak was thinking by making Lance stronger than them. Also restore the missing Kanto songs, particularly Cerulean/Fuchsia City and Route 24/25. And lastly, restore missing areas such as Viridian Forest, Cerulean Cave, Seafoam Islands, Route 23, and make sure they have their proper music as well. I know that HG/SS fixed these problems but I would like to see it properly done on GSC, and it's definitely not a space restriction as Gold/Silver in particular has tons of free space.

7. Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings (NES) - insert Tomato's Mother 1 GBA script into the NES ROM. I know that it's impossible with M1/EBB's current single-byte-per-letter text system, but I believe that if DTE were implemented that it should be fully possible. I'm even considering doing it myself at some point.

8. Mother 3 - "Americanize" patch. We all love Tomato's Mother 3 translation, but I do think that had Nintendo localized the game their way, some of the character/location names would be different. I don't blame Tomato for his naming choices as I understand he wanted to stay as official as possible, and the names he chose were from Super Smash Bros. Brawl's trophy/sticker/whatever descriptions, and I don't blame him for doing that as that would be the most official, least controversial way to do it. Nonetheless I think some names felt too "Japanesey" sounding, particularly "Murasaki Forest" and "Kumatora".
Creator of STARLIGHT LEGACY intended to be released on Steam.
Discord: https://discord.gg/fTS5Q78
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jmatz1995

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: January 01, 2016, 10:51:19 am »
Although the odds are pretty low of it actually happening, I know there's some people hopeful for Nintendo themselves doing a localization of Mother 3 after the recent VC releases and the Lucas amiibo.
(if it had been some other companies, they probably would've already been in contact with Tomato about using his translation, or at least his translation tools to insert their own translation.
But Nintendo probably doesn't want to acknowledge localization help from fans.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: January 02, 2016, 12:44:20 am »
That's probably the best idea I've ever read in this thread.
Thanks. :) It's good to see some interest in that game.

ETG

• View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: January 02, 2016, 03:48:24 am »

Edit: Save & quit via second controller to be disabled too, to make end-of-palace exp less avoidable.
That could be very interesting.

Here's what I've got:
at 0x017AF3 in the ROM are the starting stats when you make a new file.
at 0x01F94 in the ROM change the FE to DE, this will decrement the score on level up not increment it.
In RAM somewhere around 0xA0AA is something to do with leveling up. I was trying to find the check for max level to change it to a min level check.

Then the required exp tables should be inverted, the enemies that deduct exp should add instead.

I might work on it again some day.

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
« Reply #2452 on: January 02, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »
Here's an interesting (albeit likely impossible idea)...

Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario Sticker Star as real RPGs.

So they'd use modified versions of Thousand Year Door's engine, while having the same characters and enemies and bosses from the original games.  The worlds would also be designed like the areas in the first two games (so with an exploration focus, in fixed view 3D, etc).

Difficult, but damn it'd be amazing to see.
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: January 02, 2016, 08:26:12 pm »

I had the same idea for Castlevania 2 a long while back. Made sense to me as a good to show in the game play that Simon is suffering from a debilitating curse and to encourage the player to finish the game as quickly as possible to get the better endings.

CyberFox

• View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: January 03, 2016, 03:43:26 am »
I want to suggest a improvement hack of Woody Woodpecker Racing for the PSOne
Yes, the game actually exists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0GZD8ZOc3E <- It's mentioned in the recent episode in Game Sack
What i suggest is basically tweaks in the controls and the tracks (to understand why, watch the episode in the link as posted)

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: January 04, 2016, 05:04:47 pm »
I saw the latest Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance and thought of an idea that might be cool:
Give the idea to use dash midair and change the map so you can skip some things through airdash, while other sections would require air dash to clear or would be impossible until later on.

Atrushan

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: January 06, 2016, 01:27:30 am »
Would actually LOVE to see this. Remove the stat caps(or at least make them the maximum that you are allowed to have in the current game) on Xenosaga Episode 1 so that your entire focus on the game wasn't to sync and bump each character's stats, and now they could be built however you want them to. I don't see any downside to this and it negates a lot of frustration when you come upon wasted levels and whatnot. I just always found it annoying how I had to focus so hard to keep the characters' stats in line with each other and considering you can only sync 3 people at most, it's even more annoying if there are other characters you'd like to switch in and out. Not to mention now instead of trying to have every character have the same stats, you'd be allowed to build your characters with individuality in mind. It wouldn't be abusable either since each stat requirement increases the more you have of it(I don't think it'd be abusable anyways. I dunno how well you'd gain tech points in comparison with this system removed honestly, so you might actually be able to get nicer stats much earlier, though you could adjust the requirements in order to fix that problem if need be).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:51:42 am by Atrushan »

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #2457 on: January 06, 2016, 07:59:56 am »
A hack of Super Pitfall NES that makes hidden items appear more easily, either always visible (preferable) or appear when you get somewhat close to them without the need to jump precisely where they are. I feel like this woudl be a nice update to the game so it would become playable again. Nobody can spend their whole weekend jumping ramdomly anymore to memorize item locations.

And maybe some indication for warps too like an exit sign although this one might me harder to do. But there aren't that many warps in the game so I'd be happy just to see the items thingy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:55:25 pm by nesrocks »

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: January 07, 2016, 01:39:55 pm »
I don't know if nobody has requested this yet, but I want someone to make a title hack (and references) that changes the Dragon Warrior IV title screen to the Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen title screen.

In other words, turn this:
into this:
(with the original subtitle/byline "Chapters Of The Chosen").

I ask for this just so it could be consistent with the Dragon Quest series (and NOT Dragon Warrior).

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: January 07, 2016, 07:46:40 pm »
I don't know if nobody has requested this yet, but I want someone to make a title hack (and references) that changes the Dragon Warrior IV title screen to the Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen title screen.

In other words, turn this:
into this:
(with the original subtitle/byline "Chapters Of The Chosen").

I ask for this just so it could be consistent with the Dragon Quest series (and NOT Dragon Warrior).

How could the localization team have ever thought that their title art was in any way better than the original?
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.