How about hacking the NES Mario games to add in the new songs created for Super Mario All-Stars and the Super Mario Advance series?
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
I would like for this, in addition to SRAM saving for all four games. I know that there's already a "Super Mario All-Stars NES" hack out there but it doesn't work fully on FCEUGX for Wii. I think it would be nicer to have all four as separate NES ROMs, but each with their own save feature.
1. Super Mario World - save the Dragon Coins you collect so that they basically act like the Star Coins in the NSMB games.
2. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls - revert the graphics to their 8-bit originals along with 8-bit music
3. Final Fantasy V Advance color restoration (I've never played any version, but the GBA version appeals most to me because it's an official translation, and it can be played with buttons. No way am I going to play the mobile verison)
4. Final Fantasy IV Advance - replace the game's text with the DS translation
5. SMA4: Super Mario Bros. 3 color restoration
6. Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - restore the map sizes in Kanto back to how big they were in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow (but layout changes are still okay as to give a "three years later" feel). Give the game a proper JRPG level curve - that means the Kanto Gym Leaders should have higher levels than Lance, idk what Game Freak was thinking by making Lance stronger than them. Also restore the missing Kanto songs, particularly Cerulean/Fuchsia City and Route 24/25. And lastly, restore missing areas such as Viridian Forest, Cerulean Cave, Seafoam Islands, Route 23, and make sure they have their proper music as well. I know that HG/SS fixed these problems but I would like to see it properly done on GSC, and it's definitely not a space restriction as Gold/Silver in particular has tons of free space.
7. Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings (NES) - insert Tomato's Mother 1 GBA script into the NES ROM. I know that it's impossible with M1/EBB's current single-byte-per-letter text system, but I believe that if DTE were implemented that it should be fully possible. I'm even considering doing it myself at some point.
8. Mother 3 - "Americanize" patch. We all love Tomato's Mother 3 translation, but I do think that had Nintendo localized the game their way, some of the character/location names would be different. I don't blame Tomato for his naming choices as I understand he wanted to stay as official as possible, and the names he chose were from Super Smash Bros. Brawl's trophy/sticker/whatever descriptions, and I don't blame him for doing that as that would be the most official, least controversial way to do it. Nonetheless I think some names felt too "Japanesey" sounding, particularly "Murasaki Forest" and "Kumatora".