News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1973387 times)

Reiska

• View Profile
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #2380 on: November 10, 2015, 11:27:59 pm »
No, the ear-biting was at least five years later. ('96 maybe?)
It was something else he did but I don't remember.

I think it was the rape allegations.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #2381 on: November 11, 2015, 10:17:10 am »
Way too late, but deep inside me I was hoping for a full English translation for Romancing Saga 3 on todays 20th anniversary. :(

dougeff

• View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 11, 2015, 12:02:04 pm »
I'd like to see LuigiKart, a hack of MarioKart where everything is opposite (mirror) of original game. Or perhaps WarioKart, everything is upside down.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 15, 2015, 07:41:56 pm »
I was playing the Original La Mulana (not the 16/32-bit remake. I meant the original one, that looked like a MSX game) and noticed there are several things that do need adjustments in the original and remake.

Original:
- The jumping. Currently, you jump by pressing up, which is bad when you do NOT want to climb a ladder. A different button for it would be much nicer (sure, you can define "2nd Up Button" when setting controller, but still acts as Up)
- Double Jumping could use the Remake's behavior (press jump again whenever you want, instead of only ascent/apex of jump)
- Better Wall Jumping (current walljumping/grappling is terrible)
- Obtaining a new item that has limited uses should give you some uses (like: when you first get Bombs after defeating Kamaitachi, it should unlock bombs AND give you 10 bombs to use)
- Save at any Grail Point (this feature is in the remake. Saves some time)
- Remember set items when saving/loading (so you don't have to manually set up EVERYTHING)
- Patch the "impossible puzzle" in Twin Labyrinths (how come it never got fixed?!)
- Minor translation fixes to match things in the remake

Remake:
- Difficult tone down (the game is absurdly hard at inappropriate times. Divine retribution hits much harder and bosses are INSANE)
- Trap nerf (the sheer numbers of instant-kills by traps is absurd)
- "Skip Button" for controller setup (could be Backspace or Delete and a hint about this could show up)
- Dais be joking me (the Dais that do nothing but unlock path most of the time WON'T STAY UNLOCKED. This is specially bad considering the next issue)
- A tablet close to the Graveyard of Giants' Cold Spring ["Ah, finally, a hot spring to ease my pain from getting bruised by frequent jumps into icicles. But is it me or is it getting c"]
- Increase drop rate and quantity (most of the time the enemies either drop experience OR money OR weight OR ammo for ONE weapon you have. This makes it painful to get new weights or more ammo, specially when you account the issue above and the first issue.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:42:33 am by Tsukiyomaru0 »

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 17, 2015, 09:14:14 am »
Final Fight One (Japanese Version) (Game Boy Advance): A hack that would change the music for the first part of level 4 to play the correct music track for it.

Luigi's Mansion (GameCube): A hack that would add the Mirror Mode from the PAL version to the American version.

Wolfenstein 3D (Super Nintendo): A hack that would decensor the game to make it look more like the PC version and it would also give the enemies their voice tracks from the Jaguar version as well.

Mortal Kombat (Sega Genesis): A hack that would do all this to it:

Change the colors of the game to make it look more arcade accurate.
Give Sub-Zero his standing and walking animations from the arcade version.
Add a pause button.
Add playable versions of Reptile, Goro and Shang Tsung.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:45:52 am by SCD »

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: November 17, 2015, 10:06:28 am »
SNES or Genesis version.

Classic Battleship mode.   1 Player vs Computer change to 1st Player vs 2nd Player.  Online hack. 
Or remove Super Battleship mode to let two modes.   VS Computer and VS 2 players with online hack.

That will be nice who love play Battleship on SNES or Genesis than board game version.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: November 17, 2015, 05:02:54 pm »
Final Fight One (Japanese Version) (Game Boy Advance): A hack that would change the music for the first part of level 4 to play the correct music track for it.

Luigi's Mansion (GameCube): A hack that would add the Mirror Mode from the PAL version to the American version.

Wolfenstein 3D (Super Nintendo): A hack that would decensor the game to make it look more like the PC version and it would also give the enemies their voice tracks from the Jaguar version as well.

Mortal Kombat (Sega Genesis): A hack that would do all this to it:

Change the colors of the game to make it look more arcade accurate.
Give Sub-Zero his standing and walking animations from the arcade version.
Add a pause button.
Add playable versions of Reptile, Goro and Shang Tsung.

Final Fight One I'd like to see the US version have the Japanese Poison and Roxy sprites instead of Billy and Sid.

Wolfenstein 3D is best played on DosBox with Joy2Key setup. Preferably the full version with the correct sound effects.

Yes on all counts for Mortal Kombat. And maybe make the SNES version have the fatalities like the arcade, along with the blood.

TheUnderfaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: November 21, 2015, 12:51:12 am »
My idea : For someone to figure out a table for the Snes version of Ryuuko no ken 2 (Japanese version of Art of Fighting 2)
So I can try to implement the English NeoGeo "Translation".

I can't seem to locate the font in the rom, its either compressed or I'm a dumbass.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:21 pm »
I was strolling around TV Tropes and discovered the Easy Mode mockery around Contra III for SNES, as well as the region difficulty change. So, I was thinking if someone could do this:

> Re-add the cheats that were removed (Stage Select and 30 Lives)
> Allow the players on Normal Mode to see the true final boss and the ending

Is there a way to do this on the US version?

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: November 25, 2015, 10:59:59 am »
What is the reason stopping Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets from being put as a stand alone ROM instead of 4 individual ROMs?
I read somewhere that it was due to space constrictions but I've seen homebrew games for the SNES going up to almost 500MB:
http://dforce3000.de/

The guy even uploaded the full source code of the game to GitHub.

I know combining the 4 ROMs would require some ASM hacking to create the necessary flags and code to run from one end of a week to the other, but certainly space could be overcome. (I hope) XD

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: November 27, 2015, 11:36:18 am »
I've been on a Castlevania binge as of late after multiple playthroughs of Simon's Quest. I'd really like to see someone take Akumajou Dracula for the Super Famicom and translate it, including the title screen, so we get the uncut version of Super Castlevania IV.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: November 27, 2015, 02:23:28 pm »
I've been on a Castlevania binge as of late after multiple playthroughs of Simon's Quest. I'd really like to see someone take Akumajou Dracula for the Super Famicom and translate it, including the title screen, so we get the uncut version of Super Castlevania IV.

Wouldn't it be easier to hack the USA version to uncensor it?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: November 27, 2015, 02:33:41 pm »
Wouldn't it be easier to hack the USA version to uncensor it?

Looking at all that was changed from the Japanese version, it would seem to be easier to translate the text and hack the title screen. But then again, I haven't really looked into it.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 27, 2015, 02:39:56 pm »
Looking at all that was changed from the Japanese version, it would seem to be easier to translate the text and hack the title screen. But then again, I haven't really looked into it.
I tried going into it, but Super Castlevania IV is one of those games with the odd Konami programming, and so far there are no tools made for Konami SNES games that I know off that might be helpful. And the graphics seem to be compressed. xD

hossbags2

• View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: November 29, 2015, 03:47:13 pm »
can anyone hack Makai-Mura for the NES to have the option to continue the game like in Ghosts n Goblins. I like the graphics update using Makai-Mura AC patch. Also in the Japanese version there is only 1 additional life for 50000 points. The sensitivity of the red monsters at the 2nd passage in the 6th level is higher because of this can not be normal not to wake the monster and take the armor.

kfdz277

• View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: November 29, 2015, 06:00:19 pm »
Is there a standalone "crononick fix" for Chrono Trigger? I really want to keep the Woolsey translation, but have the bugfixes that ManuLöwe did. If not, I assume it'd be a simple fix with Temporal Flux...

EDIT: Self-ninja'd, I was looking in the wrong places. Ignore this :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:15:32 pm by kfdz277 »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: November 29, 2015, 11:52:59 pm »
A hack of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night that adds analog/dual shock support.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

hossbags2

• View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: November 30, 2015, 01:23:51 am »
Hack Super Castlevania IV title screen onto the Japanese version since that version is not censored.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: November 30, 2015, 02:26:26 pm »
A hack of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night that adds analog/dual shock support.
Though I wonder what use it would have. On secong thought, let me guess: The ability to change forms with DPad, right?

pacnsacdave

• I make game hacks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: November 30, 2015, 03:42:36 pm »
can anyone hack Makai-Mura for the NES to have the option to continue the game like in Ghosts n Goblins. I like the graphics update using Makai-Mura AC patch. Also in the Japanese version there is only 1 additional life for 50000 points. The sensitivity of the red monsters at the 2nd passage in the 6th level is higher because of this can not be normal not to wake the monster and take the armor.
Hey, man. I changed the title screen to English like you asked. It's on my site. Also, I can't make the continue option, but I can make it to where he has infinite lives. If you are ok with that. Let me know.