News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.  (Read 1973386 times)

CM30

• View Profile
    • Gaming Reinvented (in beta testing)
Re: Hack ideas: for those without the skill but with all the ideas.
« Reply #2360 on: November 04, 2015, 02:17:39 pm »
It'd be difficult as hell, but I'd love to see the giant bosses from Mario & Luigi Dream Team in Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story style and vice versa.  It'd be interesting to see Bowser take down Earthwake or the Zeekeeper and Giant Luigi take down the Fawful Express and Super Peach Castle.  Always wondered how their abilities would transfer to the other game's boss battles.

I'd also like to see some of the later game bosses in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga style.  How would old school Mario & Luigi with old fashioned Bros Attacks fare off against the likes of Junker or Pi'illodium?
Like Wario?  If so, check out Wario Forums today!

Similarly, want to test a new gaming site?  Check out Gaming Reinvented! Now in beta!

Tramsam500

• View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: November 06, 2015, 09:34:39 am »
Thanks for Hooking me up!!! I no longer need the title screen of Motocross Champion changed to Excitebike 2.  Pacandsacdave has hooked me up, order your Excitebike 2 Nes carts from him.

pacnsacdave

• I make game hacks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: November 07, 2015, 10:03:55 am »
Thanks for Hooking me up!!! I no longer need the title screen of Motocross Champion changed to Excitebike 2.  Pacandsacdave has hooked me up, order your Excitebike 2 Nes carts from him.
I appreciate that. I would submit the a patch for it, but romhacking.net says that title screen hacking isn't hacking. Although palette swapping a couple of things, or adding a game genie code to a game from a program is considered hacking and are accepted all the time.

johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: November 07, 2015, 05:18:13 pm »
Are you asking for NPCs in a Contra game?!
That's not the "if it moves, it dies" action of the original. :P

Although with how Konami is doing these days, you could probably pitch that idea to them. ;D

Meh I mean with how disgusted people are with Capcom and Konami maybe suggesting anything at this point is not really the best plan of action.

How about a 8 Eyes hack that actually makes the game playable and enjoyable? Better controls for Orin, a reasonable weapon, and some other cool stuff thrown in.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: November 09, 2015, 02:38:34 am »
Was just watching latest James & Mike Monday and found out about Power Punch II.
Looking at it, I think it might be worth it to hack the game into a proper sequel to Punch Out or maybe even a prequel.

From looking at the game play it seems like they overly complicated it and lost what makes Punch Out fun. So the main focus of a hack, I think, should be to simplify the AI and make it much closer to the original.

The music could use an overhaul, too.

If it was made into a prequel Mark Tyler could be replaced with Doc Louis and the story could explain why the pudgy guy was such a great boxer given he was up against crazy alien opponents.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: November 09, 2015, 09:25:55 pm »
Was just watching latest James & Mike Monday and found out about Power Punch II.
Looking at it, I think it might be worth it to hack the game into a proper sequel to Punch Out or maybe even a prequel.

From looking at the game play it seems like they overly complicated it and lost what makes Punch Out fun. So the main focus of a hack, I think, should be to simplify the AI and make it much closer to the original.

The music could use an overhaul, too.

If it was made into a prequel Mark Tyler could be replaced with Doc Louis and the story could explain why the pudgy guy was such a great boxer given he was up against crazy alien opponents.
I watched it too, and two simple things that came to mind were:

1) Modify the title screen to say: "PUNCH OUT!! II"
2) Change Mark Tyler's name to "Mike Tyson", since they were going to use him too but I think the Ear-cident happened and Nintendo chose not to renew the contract or something.

Oh and as a bonus, changing the fluorescent green to something closer to the original. :p

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: November 09, 2015, 09:29:28 pm »
No, the ear-biting was at least five years later. ('96 maybe?)
It was something else he did but I don't remember.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: November 09, 2015, 09:33:47 pm »
No, the ear-biting was at least five years later. ('96 maybe?)
It was something else he did but I don't remember.

Probably the "I'm gonna eat your babies" taunt.  Or something along those lines.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: November 09, 2015, 10:08:32 pm »
Replace Karnov with a more a appealing character  :D
I remember the game was fun but don't get why use a villain-like character as protagonist

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #2369 on: November 09, 2015, 10:27:19 pm »
The main character design of Karnov is the heart of its appeal.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: November 09, 2015, 11:02:06 pm »
Karnov: for when neither Mario nor Wario is fat enough.

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: November 10, 2015, 03:28:17 am »
Replace Karnov with a more a appealing character  :D
I remember the game was fun but don't get why use a villain-like character as protagonist

He ended being the villain or a bad guy in other games, and his intentions are bad in the arcade (to steal a treasure) so he's not a nice guy.

Could the game be reworked? Yeah, absolutely, but Karnov is an asshole by design...

And never touch the Skeletons riding ostriches! They are so goofy it's great.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 10, 2015, 03:34:10 am »
And never touch the Skeletons riding ostriches! They are so goofy it's great.

Made me think of Castlevania 64 with its 1850's setting that includes motorcycle riding skeletons with machine-guns and a Frankenstein monster with a chainsaw arm.

R.I.P. Castlevania... :'(
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: November 10, 2015, 04:11:14 am »
Made me think of Castlevania 64 with its 1850's setting that includes motorcycle riding skeletons with machine-guns and a Frankenstein monster with a chainsaw arm.

R.I.P. Castlevania... :'(

It's pretty sad to think we're not going to see more Castlevania. It was a source of great games (at least most of them)... And chessy things too.

I also remember silly monsters like Waitter skeletons, what the hell Castlevania.

...At least we'll always have the intro of SOTN to quote.
I'm off for some time. If for some weird, strange, and important reason, you need to talk to me, just send me a PM and probably I'll read it whenever I come back.

FAST6191

• View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: November 10, 2015, 06:18:26 am »
I also remember silly monsters like Waitter skeletons, what the hell Castlevania.

Art historian I am very much not but memento mori quite often featured servants and such like and the dance macabre/danse macabre thing (highborn and low meet death alike) has many examples. http://www.thearttribune.com/spip.php?page=docbig&id_document=6300 being an example.
Send that through a Final Fantasy, or indeed Castlevania, style borrowing of mythology/artwork/themes and it is not all that out of place/odd.

Maeson

• View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: November 10, 2015, 07:18:38 am »
Oh, interesting! I didn't know it was a thing...

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 10, 2015, 11:28:17 am »
:/ any chance someone might be able to remove those stupid boss seals or something in castlevania: dawn of sorrow for NDS? maybe make it so the boss just dies normally instead of having to seal it upon killing it?

i was going to replay it (on an emulator of course) but then i got to looking around for a way to skip those stupid magic seals but the only thing i found was a codebreaker code and it screws up the hp/mp bars.

and before someone says anything about them being easy. try them on an emulator (using a mouse) outside of practice mode and then tell me how easy they are. pretty sure you only have a limited amount of time during boss fights and if you fail to do the stupid seal...well, time to kill the boss again to bring the seal up again...and again...and again...and AGAIN.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 10, 2015, 12:23:51 pm »
:/ any chance someone might be able to remove those stupid boss seals or something in castlevania: dawn of sorrow for NDS? maybe make it so the boss just dies normally instead of having to seal it upon killing it?

i was going to replay it (on an emulator of course) but then i got to looking around for a way to skip those stupid magic seals but the only thing i found was a codebreaker code and it screws up the hp/mp bars.

and before someone says anything about them being easy. try them on an emulator (using a mouse) outside of practice mode and then tell me how easy they are. pretty sure you only have a limited amount of time during boss fights and if you fail to do the stupid seal...well, time to kill the boss again to bring the seal up again...and again...and again...and AGAIN.

I had no problem with them at all.
That said, I can't imagine a code hack for this should be too difficult assuming the exact spot can be found where the seal is checked for.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: November 10, 2015, 12:41:16 pm »
Mario Kart Super Circuit (Game Boy Advance): A hack that would restore and add all this stuff to it:

The original Sunset Wilds portrait from the Japanese version that has the Shy Guys with the Native American headdresses.
The four unused items: Triple Banana, Golden Mushroom, Fake Item Box and Bob-omb.
The missing obstacles and traps for the SNES tracks.
The unused SNES battle courses.
Give the characters and the announcer their American N64 voice tracks.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 10, 2015, 11:22:38 pm »
A Dragon Warrior 3 or 4 hack which takes the Fallout game concept.   :thumbsup: