News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Power of the Hired v0.75 Released!  (Read 1680 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Power of the Hired v0.75 Released!
« on: April 04, 2021, 08:19:27 am »

Update By: Recca

“Power of the Hired” is the first Strategy RPG that Dynamic-Designs has released in quite some time, but its style departs from several typical conventions that players encountered in “Feda: The Emblem of Justice” and the “Shining Force” series. Similar to how Arc the Lad on Playstation worked, one departure from typical SRPG game play is the lack of town functionalities, wherein characters may walk around, visit shops, speak to NPCs, and so forth. This game is divided into 18 scenarios, all of which must be cleared in order to keep advancing forward. Party composition selections occur in between scenarios, then game play resumes. Another sometimes disconcerting development is to have waves of fresh enemy replacements keep pouring onto the battlefield until the player satisfies a previously stated objective.

The game features a party of four playable heroes called "Beast Mages" that the player must use to fight off overwhelming waves of enemies. The characters are each able to summon two beasts to help in battle and with the help of these beasts, the player is able to tactically conquer each of the game's scenarios. Depending on the beasts summoned, the characters' magic will change and their spell composition will differ. Several scenarios require that the player acts quickly to avoid various dangers, such as a burning bridge that the characters need to quickly vacate in order to survive. Whereas other scenarios require the player to protect NPCs while they are escaping from danger themselves.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

AxelStone

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Power of the Hired v0.75 Released!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 02:26:22 pm »
"It all begin the day my brother set out..."

;)

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 10:43:41 am »
I reported that typo. Must be an old pic.

taskforce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 11:42:02 am »
Yeah, that was changed, Recca just submitted an old pic because I had not gotten the ones on the project page changed out before now.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 03:32:58 pm by taskforce »

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 02:48:09 pm »
Oops, I copied that screenshot from the D-D project page without taking a closer look. I see that you've already fixed this there, so I'll replace it at the project page here at RHDN as well. Thanks for pointing this out, AxelStone (nice Streets of Rage reference by the way)!

I also wanted to mention that other projects released by Dynamic-Designs here without a news article includes in chronological order: Aretha II, Super Shell Monsters Story II (Daikaijuu Monogatari II) and Shiji Hero Legend (Shiki Eiyuuden).
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

taskforce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 03:31:54 pm »
Yeah, it is on me not you.  I should have changed those pictures out before now.  The ones on the front page news story were from the latest version but those were older.  Sorry that I implied that it was.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 04:25:09 pm »
Sweet!  Can't wait to try this one!

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 10:48:31 pm »

Does her hands supposed to look like that green?

EDIT: Oh I see, those were gauntlets.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 01:48:05 am by Zynk »

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 12:25:16 am »
Yeah, it is on me not you.  I should have changed those pictures out before now.  The ones on the front page news story were from the latest version but those were older.  Sorry that I implied that it was.
Nah, no worries! I never once thought that you were blaming me or anything. I just meant that I should've been more attentive to notice said error. That way, I could've reported it to you before using that screenshot here. But it's all been taken care of now, so it's fine. :thumbsup:

Does her hands supposed to look like that green?
Yes, she is wearing a pair of long green gloves. You can see this better illustrated in the fan drawing that my sister made at the Dynamic-Designs project page:
http://www.dynamic-designs.us/powerofthehired.shtml
She also created two other pieces of fan art for us as well in case anyone is interested in seeing them too. One for Shinseiki Odysselya II and the other for Ranma - Hard Battle II. You can of course also see these at their respective project pages over at D-D.

And now to give a brief overview of the four main playable characters in this game:

Neina: Rather balanced in terms of strength and magic, but leans a bit more towards magic.

Dyno: The muscle head of the group. He has the highest strength and HP, but is very limited in terms of spells. He actually can't use any spells on his own, only a few via some summoned monsters.

Lim: The exact opposite of Dyno. She is the weakest character physically, but has the best spells and MP amount.

Aleph: Very balanced and similar to his sister Neina, but a bit more towards the physical side. He is the second best fighter and the third best spell caster. Note: My favorite character of the four overall.

Sanedan56

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 03:08:41 pm »
Congratulations, this is a game that I've been waiting a long time for.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 02:38:00 am »
So, for those who have played, is it better to focus the majority of the leveling on the four main characters, or keep it relatively even between the 4 main characters and the many beasts you accumulate?

Thanks!

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 01:12:21 pm »
Ideally, you should try to keep all four main characters and the beasts that you are using equally leveled in order to tackle each chapter. The maximum level in this game is 16, which is not at all hard to reach. After a character has reached said level, you should allow another lower leveled one to get the last shot on an enemy for the experience. In the beginning though, it's more important to focus on leveling up the four main characters since it's game over if any one of them falls in battle. Whereas the summoned beasts don't permanently die and can be used again in future chapters (they auto-revive before each chapter).

By the way, I noticed that a few people were complaining on Youtube that the text is a bit hard to read at times. This can easily be changed in the menu. Both the text and dialogue box colors are changeable. I personally prefer using white text with black window/box borders.