News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Looking for an Artist for NES Cover  (Read 1158 times)

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
Looking for an Artist for NES Cover
« on: February 28, 2021, 06:46:13 pm »
Hello everyone, i am looking for an artist that likes to drawl anime or cartoon characters for an old nes game that was never licensed by nintendo.And has no official history of offical cover,box or advertising art. The game is called Elf land and the only made up art i could find is what a bootleger drew on a bootleg copy.   https://famicomworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/elfland.png

I would like for someone to make a NES label like the bootleg or even better please. I have tried my self and it has turned out like crap.(i cant draw at all) I am willing to pay anyone $$ that would like to do it if they want it for there time and skills. It's just one of my bucketlist games i have to finish. Its a ok arcade game with ghost filling up color points by killing enemies ect. I figure i give it a shot and ask on here where alot of gamers like to finish gaming projects. Please fill free to pm me or answer back any time. Thanks for hearing me out.

aqualung

• View Profile
Re: Looking for an Artist for NES Cover
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 11:54:44 am »
The first thing I've thought of while reading your post was something similar to Rodland.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rodland&client=ms-android-huawei&prmd=mivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSgZCsi5fvAhVDolwKHducBK0Q_AUoAnoECBMQAg&biw=360&bih=559

Or also some Taito classic arcades such as New Zealand Story or Rainbow Islands. Or the Susumu Matsushita works, character designer of the Adventure Island series and the Elfaria rpgs.

I loved drawing in that dreamy, na├»ve style long ago, when I was trying to become a comic artist /illustrator (I gave up lots of years ago, though  :'()

It wouldn't be difficult to do something better than that game's current artwork, however. The only more or less decently done thing in that label is the skeletons' face, in my opinion (which might be copied from elsewhere due to the clash of visual styles with the blob-like characters in the front).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 12:13:01 pm by aqualung »

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 06:56:09 pm »
Yeah man i agree with you 100% on choosing that type of art style it would be fitting for the game. I would love to see what you could come up with. Did you want to post the art online as well so others could use it for the label? If not its cool because there is no official art work for the game. So its really fare game to what any gamer but's for Elf Land's label. Funny thing is this is the only famicom/NES game i have came accross that just has no art work from the makers of the game. I mean that is an original game not a bootleg hack. Also i think the blob creatures are supposed to be ghosts that where boy and girl. Or maybe there cursed by that king or wizard i think? The game is a Odd hidden gem. Not a very good game but an odd average arcade title. check out the gameplay as well.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6TCri-NY98
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 07:08:05 pm by Arcade-Elite »

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 05:00:49 pm »
Hello everyone, i am looking for an artist that likes to drawl anime or cartoon characters for an old nes game that was never licensed by nintendo.And has no official history of offical cover,box or advertising art. The game is called Elf land and the only made up art i could find is what a bootleger drew on a bootleg copy.   https://famicomworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/elfland.png

I would like for someone to make a NES label like the bootleg or even better please. I have tried my self and it has turned out like crap.(i cant draw at all) I am willing to pay anyone $$ that would like to do it if they want it for there time and skills. It's just one of my bucketlist games i have to finish. Its a ok arcade game with ghost filling up color points by killing enemies ect. I figure i give it a shot and ask on here where alot of gamers like to finish gaming projects. Please fill free to pm me or answer back any time. Thanks for hearing me out.

I drew a couple of art for a few NES games over the years, here's my resume, I can draw what you need in my art style, you'll just have to find someone to do the inking and coloring digitally. Reach out if you wanna use my art style, I made some NES art for people over the years. 

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 06:45:44 pm »
O wow hello Googie, its funny seeing you on this post because one the hacks you suggested to port got me to get another custom NES label made for that game Deflower. I didn't do the art but a friend at work did it for me here it is :   https://imgur.com/a/Zx4HTNQ 
But yeah i am no good at inking or coloring i wouldn't know where to begin. I am good at resizing the art and putting in nintendo logo's ect. If the label needs it. Also i think the artist should choose the color he is thinking of when he makes it and color it in so it is as he imagines. I didn't know you did art yourself by looking at your link your style would be awsome as well.

NiO

• Let's bring order to chaos
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/retrogamersmx/
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 12:35:03 pm »
I have worked on some Nes, Gameboy and Snes labels myself for Thisroomisanillusion and his reproductions.

I cant share them for obvious reasons but all of them got made into actual boxes, Deadpool (nes) , Megamania (gba), Megaman & Bass (snes) and like 3 or more japanese games that I cant remember the name that got the Ramake and HD treatment.

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 06:44:36 pm »
O wow hello Googie, its funny seeing you on this post because one the hacks you suggested to port got me to get another custom NES label made for that game Deflower. I didn't do the art but a friend at work did it for me here it is :   https://imgur.com/a/Zx4HTNQ 
But yeah i am no good at inking or coloring i wouldn't know where to begin. I am good at resizing the art and putting in nintendo logo's ect. If the label needs it. Also i think the artist should choose the color he is thinking of when he makes it and color it in so it is as he imagines. I didn't know you did art yourself by looking at your link your style would be awsome as well.

Thanks man, reach me in a PM I'm sure we can put our heads together and whip up something really cool, I'll be home all weekend. :D