News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Colorblind support for Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine: DX Edition  (Read 886 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: RadioTails

The improvements hack for "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine: DX Edition" has been updated to Version 2.0! Go and check it out!

One feature that has been added is a colorblind mode (based on this Sonic Mania mod: https://gamebanana.com/skins/161232) for people who have:
- Tritanopia (Missing S-cone - blue)
- Deuteranopia (Missing M-cone - green)
- Protanopia (Missing L-cone - red)

Just go to the OPTIONS section, and under COLORBLIND MODE, select the required filter to use. Currently only the palettes used by the beans and options text have been updated, but this should help with identifying the beans on the playing field.

What are you waiting for? Go and capture those beans!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Nosuch

• View Profile
I'm not colorblind but even just from an aesthetic standpoint I like this. There's something pleasant about the palette set being previewed here.

CrispX

• View Profile
Why you guys donĀ“t make a nother remake version with the newest sonic bad guys?  ;D

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
It looks great, the only pieces that sometimes confuse me are the pinks with the light blue ones, but it plays quite well :thumbsup:
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

RadioTails

• Holding the Mega Drive controller
    • View Profile
It looks great, the only pieces that sometimes confuse me are the pinks with the light blue ones, but it plays quite well :thumbsup:

Which filter are you refering to?

For reference (from left to right, use 1 to 6 to mention which bean):

No Filter

Tritanopia

Protanopia

Deuteranopia

My guess is you are talking about Tritanopia, and referring to bean 2 and 5? If so, I can replace one of those beans to become grey.