News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: 99 new Mega Man Arkanoid Levels!  (Read 1345 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: 99 new Mega Man Arkanoid Levels!
« on: January 25, 2021, 07:11:12 pm »

Update By: Supergamerguy

This hack changes every single level (excluding the occasional boss fight) in Arkanoid - Doh It Again to a level featuring a character from the classic Mega Man series. Almost every single classic Mega Man game is represented in some way (excluding 11 and some very obscure titles), with main characters, prominent villains, famous enemies and bosses, and loads of robot masters for you to destroy block by block! Play through every level to get a few surprises at the end in the form of cameo appearances by other popular Mega Man characters.

The included README file on the hack page has all of the levels and their represented character listed at the bottom, so be sure to check that out to find the location of your favorite robot warrior! This hack was created using the extremely helpful and easy-to-use ArkanEdit program, without it, this passion project would not have been able to exist.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

TeacherGus

• FF3 PT-BR 100% done!
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: 99 new Mega Man Arkanoid Levels!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 09:47:55 pm »
What a cool idea!  :thumbsup:

I'm going to give Arkanoid another spin thanks to this hack - thanks to you  :woot!:

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 07:04:05 am »
What a cool idea!  :thumbsup:

I'm going to give Arkanoid another spin thanks to this hack - thanks to you  :woot!:

Sounds great! Thanks for checking it out!  :beer:
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 07:24:47 am »
Need more pictures of stage layouts so maybe I'm wrong here, but given that all robot masters are pretty much just reskins, seems like the stages would get rather tedious/boring rather fast.

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 08:34:25 am »
Need more pictures of stage layouts so maybe I'm wrong here, but given that all robot masters are pretty much just reskins, seems like the stages would get rather tedious/boring rather fast.

Lots of the robot masters have feet and arms, but I tried to make each level feel unique both thematically and gameplay wise, with each new level feeling separate from the last. Theres no deep Puzzles or anything to solve, as I just wanted to take some time and make a fun Mega Man themed project in between my other work.
That's why I put most of the non-robot-master main characters up front so that people would know whether they liked it or not at it's most diverse.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:39:35 am by Supergamerguy »
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!