News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Super Robot Wars: Original Generations (PS2) translation released  (Read 6708 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: KC

After being in the works for six years, Kingcom is pleased to unveil and release a full translation of the 2007 PlayStation 2 game, Super Robot Wars: Original Generations.

The game is an expanded remake of the 2002 and 2005 Game Boy Advance games Super Robot Wars Original: Generation 1 and Super Robot Wars Original: Generation 2. Aside from having much higher production values, it also introduced several major changes to the gameplay and storyline that future games in the series expanded on.

Please see the project page for a download link and further information.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Isao Kronos

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
excellent, something to distract me from slogging through Pokemon Unbound

EDIT: if anyone wants a frontend for xdelta I personally use https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/
will hackrom for Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits

WildWolf21

• View Profile
OH MY GOD!!!  :o

I remember back in 2008 that me and a bunch of other fans were trying to convince Atlus to localize this and Dragon Shadow Spell in the west, but neither never happened, until now.

To Kingcom and the rest of the team, thank you so, so much!!!

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Or better, should releasing this translation right on christmas day? Otherwise Congrats!!!  :woot!:

break

• Teaching the unteachable
    • View Profile
    • breaktube's youtube account
Woah...this is big !
A big super robot wars fan myself. 
Always had to import the PS2 games and use a guide to play most of them. 
One of the few versions I have not played since playing the GBA titles.
Again, big thanks to the team that worked on this project.
Hope you have a Discord or something so we can say what's up

Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube
http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

Noside

• View Profile
I was playing a translated Super Robot Wars game for the PSX not so long ago, and now PS2 game! this is fantastic! :woot!:

Fei

• View Profile
I now hear this game's intermission menu music in my sleep. I love this game, but I'm glad this patch is done so I don't have to keep worrying about it.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
Yes? Yes! Props for this one. :cookie:

kaiisen

• View Profile
Absolutely amazing!

Thank you for such effort to bring another game of this series to english, I love this one!

Tom

• View Profile
Kingcom!?

With this done, will he at last resume work on Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2!?

WildWolf21

• View Profile
Wanted to pop back in and say, unfortunately, this patch doesn't work with ESR on PS2. I've ripped my copy, Patched it according to the instructions, burned it to a DVD-R, and it crashes after the warning message saying don't buy or sell this patch, and support offical SRW releases.
Which is weird, because I've ripped and burned an untranslated version of the game, just to make sure it wasn't my console, and it runs just fine.

bukopandan

• View Profile
Same here, but in my case, I'm booting the patched rom via USB through OPL on my Fat PS2 and it always get stuck after the disclaimer message while the clean unpatched rom runs fine.
My Youtube Channel where I demonstrate my mad video gaming skills. Kekekek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos

Arn

• View Profile
Gonna try replaying this one, even though I already 100%'d them on GBA and with the menu patch, I love me some SRW.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 03:40:25 pm by Arn »

NoMoneyRanger

• View Profile
Nice! I've been waiting for this one for a very long time.

Loved the GBA games and always wanted to play the PS2 version in my native language.

WildWolf21

• View Profile
Same here, but in my case, I'm booting the patched rom via USB through OPL on my Fat PS2 and it always get stuck after the disclaimer message while the clean unpatched rom runs fine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's running into these issues. Hopefully Kingdom will get on this soon and release an updated version that does work with OPL and ESR.

KC

• View Profile
There was an issue with an unaligned load crashing on real hardware. That and a couple of other minor things should be fixed in the new version 1.1.

Noside

• View Profile
Just came back to say thank you so much! I'm having a blast plating this game, in fact, I've been playing the game for hours, I'm on Mission 5, and not to mention, using some cheats to spice things up, lol, cheers! :thumbsup:

saito

• View Profile
Good job, we need more love and translations for ps2  :woot!:
.: TransGen :.

WildWolf21

• View Profile
Can Confirm: 1.1 Works with ESR flawlessly. Once again, a big thanks to KingCom and the rest of the team for taking the past 6 years to bring this to us in English.

Jones

• View Profile
A nice surprise seeing this on the frontpage today. Already downloaded patch and applied it to my own SRT OGs. Played OG1 Scenario 1, game's running fine. Excellent translation, very similar, content-wise to the GBA Western releases. Thank you very much, guys! I appreciate your work on this one.