News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Problem applying a patch  (Read 565 times)

kendotlibero

• View Profile
Problem applying a patch
« on: November 25, 2020, 04:03:18 am »
Hi
i'm trying to apply this undub patch to Baten Kaitos Origins here https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5039/
but it gives me an error saying that the iso file is too small, even if it has the same hash in that page
I tried the newest redump version and it continues, but xdelta fails and it says
Error: The xdelta patching failed, files are invalid in the following file:
Baten Kaitos Origins (Disc 1).iso
Baten Kaitos Origins (Disc 2).iso
I even tried to inflate the ones with the crc indicated, but same error
anyone managed to apply it?

Helsionium

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Problem applying a patch
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 04:31:28 pm »
This is not my patch, but I am also working on a translation of Baten Kaitos Origins now, and I tried their patcher and it works fine for me.
However, your images need to be exactly 1,459,978,240 bytes each. If not, you don't have the complete original images of that game.

If you want to apply multiple different patches to this game, do it in this order: translation patch -> undub patch -> uncensor patch

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 06:45:04 pm »
This is not my patch, but I am also working on a translation of Baten Kaitos Origins now, and I tried their patcher and it works fine for me.
However, your images need to be exactly 1,459,978,240 bytes each. If not, you don't have the complete original images of that game.

If you want to apply multiple different patches to this game, do it in this order: translation patch -> undub patch -> uncensor patch

This is a GameCube game. Are not all GameCube ISOs the same size decompressed?
My understanding is that ISOs posted online have often had a "garbage removal" process, which doesn't so much as delete the disc padding (reducing the file size) as change it to something far more compressable than pure GC/Wii ISOs usually are? (as most sites probably care more about bandwidth usage than data purity)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Helsionium

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 01:50:59 am »
Yeah, all full GameCube images should be the same size, but the padding is often removed because it's just not necessary for most applications - both real hardware as well as Dolphin work just fine without it. In fact, while this patcher apparently requires a full image as source, it will itself output a stripped image.