News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ZAC File  (Read 785 times)

shadow501

• Pro Hex Editor
    • View Profile
ZAC File
« on: November 24, 2020, 04:45:57 pm »
Hi

What is file ZAC ?  :-\

How open this file ?

Thank you

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: ZAC File
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 05:00:34 pm »
More details are needed.  How did you get this file?

If you just found this on a game CD, then it is probably some proprietary format devised by the developers and you will have to reverse-engineer its content manually, i.e. through trial and error, or by debugging the game while it is running.

If you think it might be graphics, then you can try opening it in Tile Molester. Online TrID might be worth a try as well.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

shadow501

• Pro Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 05:16:37 pm »
More details are needed.  How did you get this file?

If you just found this on a game CD, then it is probably some proprietary format devised by the developers and you will have to reverse-engineer its content manually, i.e. through trial and error, or by debugging the game while it is running.

If you think it might be graphics, then you can try opening it in Tile Molester. Online TrID might be worth a try as well.

I got it from CD game and the file is graphics, I used TrID but cannot Identify file?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:22:27 pm by shadow501 »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:32:46 pm »
I got it from CD game and the file is graphics
Why don't you just say the name of the game?  And how do you know the file is supposed to be graphics?

If you know it is a graphics file, and you can't see anything when you open the file in Tile Molester (and you've tried all the various graphics formats supported by Tile Molester), then the graphics are probably compressed, and you will have to reverse-engineer the compression method.  This will probably be very difficult.

This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

shadow501

• Pro Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 10:10:38 am »
Name the game is PC Genso Suikoden, I opened files CBM by 7z but when I was try open ZAC file it is not support 7z compressed,This file is graphics for all the game like fonts...etc

https://www.romhacking.net/scratchpad/36135/

November 30, 2020, 10:46:15 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Why don't you just say the name of the game?  And how do you know the file is supposed to be graphics?

If you know it is a graphics file, and you can't see anything when you open the file in Tile Molester (and you've tried all the various graphics formats supported by Tile Molester), then the graphics are probably compressed, and you will have to reverse-engineer the compression method.  This will probably be very difficult.

I found info about zac file look

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 10:46:15 pm by shadow501 »