News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Porco Rosso Enhanced Edition is now out!  (Read 718 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Porco Rosso Enhanced Edition is now out!
« on: November 03, 2020, 08:41:32 am »

Update By: Supergamerguy

Version 2.0 (the Enhanced Edition) adds all new large images/art, including a brand new title screen, powerup screen, password screen, and ending screen, all with beautiful and detailed designs created by CryinOnion! Text has also been refined a bit to look better on screen and fit even closer to the atmosphere. Hope you guys enjoy this new, improved version!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

DameonRaye

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Porco Rosso Enhanced Edition is now out!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:34:42 am »
I've played 1943 quite a bit (after the fact, I never owned an original NES + copy) and while it is definitely a fun shooter for someone who really never plays shooters, and I did enjoy it, I never really invested much time into it, at all. However, it's amazing how a great coat of paint and fresh ideas can really change how invested you can get into something. Going from "Standard combat bi-plane" to playing as the titular "Porco Rosso," imagining that your mission is now to help him save his friends and achieve his dream life, really makes you invested in reaching the end of the story. This is so far probably one of my favorite NES hacks of all time.

Supergamerguy

• Retro game fanatic; loves platformers, hates jrpgs
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Porco Rosso Enhanced Edition is now out!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 01:55:31 pm »
I've played 1943 quite a bit (after the fact, I never owned an original NES + copy) and while it is definitely a fun shooter for someone who really never plays shooters, and I did enjoy it, I never really invested much time into it, at all. However, it's amazing how a great coat of paint and fresh ideas can really change how invested you can get into something. Going from "Standard combat bi-plane" to playing as the titular "Porco Rosso," imagining that your mission is now to help him save his friends and achieve his dream life, really makes you invested in reaching the end of the story. This is so far probably one of my favorite NES hacks of all time.

Thank you for the kind words my good sir. I try to make every Ghibli hack I work on a enjoyable experience for all the Ghibli fans out there. Feel free to check out my other Ghibli hacks since you liked this one! :beer:

And know that I have quite a few more coming down the pipeline ;)
Dah-nuh-nuh-nah! Super fighting robot! Dah-nuh-nah-nah! MEGA MAN! Fighting.......to save.......the world!!!!!