Although I really appreciate your effort, honestly your illustrations are still not of sufficient quality to integrate them into a game
Originally, these portraits are composed to work together, so it is necessary to align each character correctly and try to preserve the details that will remain static between frames. I did not find the original portrait, sorry
On the other hand, it is a priority to try to hide the limitations of the system, using each color to the maximum, avoid creating ambiguous sectors that are camouflaged in the background, and when working with a scaled image use the original source as a reference to add details.
Note: This image was only created as a reference, so its quality is not so good, since it would have been best to trim the edges of the body a bit, to gain some definition for the face and in the same way realign your arm to hide clipping
Finally, if you want to obtain a more polished result, you can try RIOT
, to reduce the colors of the image, with it perform the previous example. I also leave you the images that you use to create the portrait and I link two comments where I talk about the subject briefly ...Comment 1
| Comment 2
I hope you find it useful, you are a great artist! Satoshi_Matrix
Currently we have the participation of Amilgi
, surely you know him, if this is not the case, he is a great composer who has made himself known mainly for composing the soundtrack of the Sonic Improvemente (NES)
Another soundtrack update:
- Finished drafts of the title theme, Blanka, Ken, Chun Li, and M Bison (10/14 now or ~70% drafted)
- Updated drums in Dhalsim's theme. Still not quite satisfied, having trouble getting a good rimshot sound without instruments. Plus the drums are well-layered on this theme, hard to match the feel with just 1 noise channel
- Made lots of small edits/updates throughout. Will probably need to update drums on most.
- Made a little progress on Ryu & Guile. Deciding between an echo vs. harmony for the first "verse" of Guile's. Ryu's shouldn't be as tricky as I first thought
- Will definitely need to do some mixing once everything's drafted to keep volume levels consistent across the soundtrack
- For the final rankings end screen, do we just want the short rankings jingle, or do we want the longer credits theme instead?
.0cc/.nsf of the full module + .mp3s of drafted themes: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11dF3pR--vm35JpW2By_TNMsXA8_Z_j-R?usp=sharing
Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, I think we could use the collaboration of someone who handles the technical aspects of the sound engine of this game cartridge_rom
I had already heard of that Mapper and although I know that incredible things will be achieved with it, personally I find the challenge of having to adjust to the limitations of classic mappers more interesting.sebastianangel
Congratulations, you really have improved a lot!