News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES  (Read 75177 times)

gustavocomvoce

• View Profile
Re: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES proyect
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2020, 11:08:46 am »

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2020, 04:05:36 pm »
Very good contribution if it is one of the soundtracks that we had considered in the beginning: :happy: and we do not rule out the idea, only that I think we have something better in middi format that we want to adapt to the game. The energy bar will verify it and it will surely be fixed : :thumbsup:, at this moment I was full with the theme of the finals and now with the screens versus. Chun lee's Kikoken already goes to a more pure programming area that perhaps others want to give a hand, any contribution is always welcome , but we go by parts and we do not rule out any idea or proposal that is within our reach!
When we have solved these commented areas, a more significant improvement of the stages is still missing :crazy:
then I leave the limk of agunos middis for the gamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCMgPT3BV-8

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2020, 04:42:28 am »
great, waiting to see the progress. :beer:

I hope that Master Sics can continue to bring help and ideas to his sprite art project, it is fantastic to have him for the project and the team.

some final art on this SF gallery page of other versions that could be used as Ken and the 3 great masters (vega, sagat, bison) to eliminate the same equal end of the 3 bosses. ;)

http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/sf2/ssf2x/endings/

http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/sf2/st-gba/endings/

Wow, that kikouken , it would to add it to the project later
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 05:18:43 am by cartridge_rom »

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2020, 06:44:03 pm »
I am polishing the graphics a little, there is still a lot to do, I share some drawings

Beautiful screens my friend!
It will look fantastic!
I was thinking, you could put the project objectives in the first post for us to follow, example:

⍟  character selection screen - 100%
⍟ World map with flags and animals - 100%
⍟ Stage Blanka - 50%
⍟ New Chun-li stage - 50%
⍟ Ken and Ryu hair - 50%
⍟ New music - 50%
⍟ New endings - 50%
⍟ Blanka color improvement - 50%

The idea of cartridge_rom inspired me to suggest more things! If you want to change the programming, you could introduce the special movements of the SF2 Turbo!

⍟ Implement Kikoken at Chun-li - (need a volunteer)
⍟ Implement the air Tatsumaki No Ryu / Ken- (need a volunteer)
⍟ Implement teleportation in Dhalsin- (need a volunteer)
⍟ Implement air scrolling in Blanka - (need a volunteer)
⍟ Implement Knee Bazooka in Guile (need a volunteer)
⍟ Implement the effect of electric shock by showing bones when being hit by Blanka (I need a volunteer)
⍟ Implement the body in flames when being hit by a yoga flame (I need a volunteer)

Those were the ones I remembered, if I'm not mistaken, everything is taking advantage of the existing sprites. I would need a little programming and give the project a little more charm.

I've been looking among all the unlicensed pirate port, although they are not the best tunes if they are the closest to the original arcade, including the intro and sound fighter selection, I believe in the idea that they could be extracted for this project, Would it be difficult to adapt them or do they have better melodies ?

had they already valued this option ?

this is the version with the melodies "close" to the arcade
Street Fighter II Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUoit5rKZVw&ab_channel=AnonymousWorld

- technical doubts :-\

Ryu / Ken's Hadōken can have the original blue / white color and not be fire orange ?

chunli could you add Kikoken sprite ?

the health bar has some very dull colors lemon yellow looks purple violet the color of damage, shouldn't it be red and deep yellow ? :-\

greetings to the team :woot!:

Special hits and collision sprites use Ken / Ryu's clothing and skin colors
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:39:37 pm by Xander max »
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2020, 07:29:46 pm »
Xander max!amazing idea :crazy: !!! good contribution friend is excellent so that you can follow the progress of the project and the collaboration requests of the different areas where they require it !!! below some images of the endings without color are testing ::)

thanks to the excellent cartridge_rom collaboration! :thumbsup:
a small complication given the reduced space of the screens versus example:

without reducing

reduced :P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 08:10:11 am by sebastianangel »

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2020, 01:25:24 pm »
I can live with the reduced sprites. Remember the 8:7 aspect ratio of NES and Super NES. When stretched to 4:3 will be just fine.

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2020, 03:50:41 pm »

testing :P
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:36:30 pm by sebastianangel »

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2020, 04:22:30 pm »
Hello people! We continue working hard together with Sebastianangel, to make this ambitious improvement a reality :thumbsup:

We have located all the scenarios and the endings and discovered some great things and others that are not so great;

Regarding the scenarios, the most important thing to note is that they can use up to four tileset per stage and as you can see in the following diagram, this feature is hardly used in the original versions of these:

Code: [Select]
Tileset | Lines to be drawn on the screen
C0      | 0C
----------------------------------------------------
C0 0C | C2 12 | C4 00 | C6 FF |Dhalsim
C8 0D | CA 12 | CC 00 | CE FF |Sagat
D0 11 | D2 00 | D4 FF | FF FF |Bison
D8 0E | DA 16 | DC 00 | DE FF |Guile
E0 0C | E2 12 | E4 18 | E6 FF |Ken
E8 0E | EA 00 | BA 00 | BA FF |Ryu
F0 11 | F2 00 | F4 00 | 00 FF |Vega
EC 0E | EE 00 | 00 00 | 00 FF |Blanca
F8 0C | FA 18 | FC 00 | 00 01 |Chun-Li
----------------------------------------------------
A2 0D | A4 00 | BA 00 | BA 01 | Selección de niveles
D4 14 | D6 00 | 00 00 | 00 01 | Title screen
BD 1A | BE 00 | BA 00 | 00 20 | Continues
You could say that it is almost like having a MUGEN for the NES, since this added to the other characteristics of the engine really expands the possibilities of this project :laugh:

Our problem, as you can see in the previous diagram, is that this table does not contain the endings, since they originally use a single tileset, so they define their BankCHR directly from the graphics programming.

Which leaves us with two possible solutions, of which the first would be to find enough help to be able to connect these endings to a similar table that better manages the graphics and the other to optimize our designs to adapt to this limitation, which would result in something more or less like this:

They look like MSX graphics

But even with these sacrifices there is still very little room to let your imagination run wild.

Not even a pin goes in here xD

Regarding Ryu, the color of the Hadōken is in this way due to the limitations of the system, since of the four palettes available for sprites, each player must use two of these for himself, that is why this technique uses the color of the skin of this player.

On the other hand, I think that this image does not respect Chun-Li's proportions, his arm is too long compared to his other frames :-\

On adding a table of objectives for the project, although it may be useful for those who follow our initiative, I think that partly including a percentage is an unnecessary way to add more pressure, since except in the graphic issue we are getting into a terrain in which we have no experience, so it would be a fallacy to say how much is left to achieve the result we seek :thumbsup:

And about editing the animations, it is not that we are totally unaware of that terrain, but that without a custom programmed tool it is a tortuous task, so at least I am not willing to go through something like that again.

Taking the title screens as an example, before using the NES Screen Tool, it took about a month to write them manually, then with this one, I was able to worry more about design-related issues, since with it it may take at most a night to apply a title screen.

Even so, at present, my brother is helping me create a script that can do part of this work in seconds, which will allow me to spend more of my time editing the scenarios, basically the same thing happens with the design of the characters.

Spoiler:
What I am trying to say with this is that what this project really needs is a programmer skillful enough to create a character editor, since in this way we could not only meet the objectives they propose, but also enable the possibility of using this engine to adapt other fighting games to the NES :D

If someone serious agrees to do this, I have no problem spending my time figuring out how the characters work in this game, otherwise it's a wasted effort ::)

Changing the theme, the initial state of the hud is an image so it can be edited completely, the only limitation is that it shares palettes with the scenarios :beer:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 05:07:21 pm by sics »
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2020, 04:49:28 pm »
Love the idea of putting text on everbody endings.

Almost read it as "Guile goes home as a Family Man".

As for the positioning of the warriors portraits, can be done in the same height on screen?

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2020, 05:45:02 pm »
Thank you very much! How good you like them! the texts are a fantastic idea of ​​sics! and with regard to the positions of the images versus I think they respond to a programming, perhaps the most knowledgeable can help us

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2020, 05:53:32 pm »
If it refers to aligning the sprites that make up each portrait, this work will be done when we finish deciding the final designs of the same, if instead you ask if we can put both portraits at the same height, you must consider that the NES cannot draw more 8 sprites per line :thumbsup:

For example, in Master Fighter II they overcome this limitation by drawing a portrait as part of the background and the other as a sprite, some damn geniuses from the Hummer if you ask me :D

Lucky you didn't say "Guile goes home as a Family Guy" :laugh:

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:28:04 pm by sics »
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

song6502

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2020, 11:57:45 pm »
That's great! So, you have to explain the engines before you can put them together again, and that's what we're doing, but it's too busy and it's slow.

Sprite data is not fully defined:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Uy3TrJoxqdskqi-HMty6Ga7qFhZvw_8C?usp=sharing
(Gray arrow: unknown or meaningless,Green arrow :x,y, Sprite ID)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 01:33:19 am by song6502 »

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2020, 05:43:15 am »
I do not think that the data of the gray arrow does not fulfill any function, since unlike Chun-Li other characters such as Blanka do not require this data to work, but with this first glance I could not establish what its purpose is.

So far what I could notice, in addition to what you have explained to me is that there is a table of pointers that point to each animation, several sequences of numbers that establish the changes of CHR and another location until now unknown that repositions the frames of the character depending of the action you take.

Although it is most likely that it can be found by following the first pointers of the table, since they do not correspond to any animation :thumbsup:

Note: Although if we take into account that there are several indications that indicate that Chun-Li was the first character created for the game, and that the structure of his data resembles others already used by Hummer, we could think that this data initially went to establish your CHRBank :huh:

Code: [Select]
╔══════════════════╦═════════════╦═══════════╦═════════════╦═══════════╗
║░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║ Tile Margen ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║  Onscreen.  ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░║
╠══════════════════╬══════╦══════╬╦═════════╦╬══════╦══════╬╦══════════╣
║     Pointers     ║  mX  ║  mY  ║║ Nº CHR  ║║ PosX ║ PosY ║║  Sprite  ║ mY
╠══════════════════╬══════╬══════╬╬═════════╬╬══════╬══════╬╬══════════╣
║7D8E8E8E 7D8E8E8E ║  03  ║  04  ║║   01    ║║  F0  ║  E0  ║║ FF 36 37 ║ 01
╠══════════════════╬══════╬══════╬╬═════════╬╬══════╬══════╬╣ FF 3A 3B ║ 02
║░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║▓▓▓▓▓▓║▓▓▓▓▓▓║║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║║▓▓▓▓▓▓║▓▓▓▒▒░║║ 00 43 44 ║ 03
║░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║▓▓▓▓▓▓║▓▓▓▓▓▓║║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║║▓▓▓▓▓▓║▓▓▓▒▒░║║ 4D 4E 4F ║ 04
╚══════════════════╩══════╩══════╩╩═════════╩╩══════╩══════╩╩══════════╝
FF = Vació                                                mX  01 02 03
Sorry if I repeat this, but I did not understand almost anything of what you wrote again, I recommend you attach the original text with your translation ;>

Edit: I just saw the screenshot titled "start", I thought it was sorted by numbers, sorry :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 06:25:15 am by sics »

song6502

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2020, 08:03:56 am »
hahahaha, :D
Because I don't know how to write programs, I don't know how to express it. My progress is very slow! But I will pay attention to this project。

加油! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2020, 08:14:54 am »
Thanks for being present friend, :thumbsup: you are part of this project and it is always good to have your acquaintances with us! Your stage work that you published on YouTube is great! :woot!:

November 13, 2020, 10:59:06 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

testing :P
:P
many complications depending on so few colors, adjusting leads to a very poor level in the hair are the characters, I think the only solution will be that part of the hair redraw it by hand :banghead:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 11:02:56 am by sebastianangel »

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2020, 03:23:39 pm »
Were these SF II CE portraits worth a Master System or art portraits GameBoy Advance worth it?  :P  :-\

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 03:28:54 pm by cartridge_rom »

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2020, 04:25:18 pm »
The idea is to put those portraits of gameboy and master systen edition super street figther! :thumbsup: These are only tests with images that better fit the original base model of this game to know the terrain and limitations and we will also have to reprogram all these screens to be able to insert the others, hopefully it can also depend a lot on whether to get to (MMC5) :-\

In this image I had no problems with sagat because he has no hair :laugh:
but very little room for your trapezoids :P

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2020, 04:32:03 pm »
Make two variants: one with CE portrait, and other with Super.

I have a suggestion for the endings: Use the Turbo Revival one since they're static but tell the story.

And a little description.

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2020, 05:07:34 pm »
As such that's a good idea! Optional ips patch

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2020, 08:21:46 pm »
hahahaha, :D
Because I don't know how to write programs, I don't know how to express it. My progress is very slow! But I will pay attention to this project。

加油! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

song6502, one way to check if the writing mode was correct is to take the converted text and translate it back into your language, if it is understandable to you, then it was correct. I saw your video on youtube, your scenery was amazing!

I did some arts, maybe they can inspire or enjoy something!

Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos