News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES  (Read 75169 times)

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
Re: STREET FIGHTER 2 DELUXE NES proyect
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2020, 03:12:29 pm »
Think there's a chance of adding the remaining sf2 characters. Don't need to add the super sf2 characters.

Also, theres a sf2 adaption for turbo grapics 16. I think you could do something with it.

Very good your contribution thank you very much here images of the portraits of the 16 bist turbograf version, this version is very interesting! :thumbsup:

real retro kid knuckles

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2020, 06:47:51 pm »
I hope you can add these characters or you can use mari street fighter turbo it's the same game
but with more characters  :thumbsup:

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2020, 07:19:49 pm »
Graphicus
Although doing it this way would have made it difficult to place the flags, since they must be distributed so that you can apply the correct palette without leaving a sector of the map painted with the wrong colors.

Sics! I am very amazed by the playful way that exposes the changes. There is a tutorial explaining how the changes were made to this screen, both the new sprite distribution and the color palette changes.
I do some hacks, but my knowledge is limited only to yy-chr and simple color changes.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:38:50 pm by Xander max »
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdGHNhopquBMifjhdNSWQTA/videos

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2020, 09:34:57 pm »
RealGaea
I've modified scripts in other Hummer games, but I'm not interested in doing it here, sorry

It's because the biggest gripe I had with this bootleg is playing ALWAYS in Chun-Li Stage when playing a versus.

Anyway, this inspires me to continue the minimal patch for MK II by Hummer.

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2020, 12:45:01 am »
I hope you can add these characters or you can use mari street fighter turbo it's the same game
but with more characters  :thumbsup:
Thank you very much friend for the information and the good vibes! :thumbsup:

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2020, 01:18:46 pm »
Well I think they are also evaluating improving the final screens  :o

my request is if they could value changing the chun li original image for the image of the Super Famicom versión, it always seemed more accurate than the original from the arcade. better art by chun li, is it possible to do ?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 02:00:58 pm by cartridge_rom »

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2020, 02:05:18 pm »
If possible, Here is a sketch of the image, it would be necessary to adjust the pixels a little :woot!:
:thumbsup:
Model:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 11:27:12 pm by sebastianangel »

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2020, 10:13:54 am »

fantastic art chun li, looks great :thumbsup:

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2020, 10:44:00 am »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH IT IS AN APPROACH I THINK IT CAN BE IMPROVED! FOLLOWING OTHER TESTS :thumbsup:
::)
I take the opportunity to continue asking for collaboration in all possible areas of the game, I am excited about the idea of ​​finishing something at a higher level than I would have imagined in the beginning, I have all The songs of the game in middi format do not know if it is possible to pass them to famitracker? Also some ideas of many here to put more fighters seems very difficult, there is an idea in my head to incorporate a bunus stage, I do not know if it is possible :huh: but I love it! :woot!:

Anime_World

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2020, 12:28:36 pm »
verme
No, the modification that you propose is not possible, at least not in the way you have proposed it, the most feasible option would be to change the background color to blue, but as you can see the result would be quite poor:

Try swapping map border color by black and background by blue

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2020, 03:13:47 pm »
retro kid knuckles
The extra characters of Mari Street Fighter are not well implemented, they move in a very strange way, which if it is true is that this rom can be useful to discover how these characters are configured.

Although being realistic, even if it were as simple to write as in Somari without an application that automates part of the work it is too complicated a task to face manually.

But in principle it would open the possibility of duplicating Ryu's character, to modify Ken without affecting the first one. However, it should not be forgotten that these characters are made up of two overlapping sprites, so disassembling them by hand would be a bummer.

Xander max
The truth is that I was thinking of spending my time growing my YouTube channel by teaching this kind of thing, and of course also sharing some of my own projects, but I have never worked as a team with anyone, so it seemed like a great opportunity to participate here.

Speaking of the specific case of editing the transition screens of the game, I still think with what approach to approach it, since I do not know whether to focus on the main thing or also cover how I create the designs, find pointers, redirect data, etc., that's why I think that the audiovisual format was ideal for it.

What's more, the first title screen that I created for this hack, I was originally going to use it to record this tutorial, but then I hurt my back and it hurt to speak, so I only focused on finishing it to try to revive this great initiative.

RealGaea
You'll have to resize them to fit. Ryu is the right size to me. Sics can do it, right?
I could, but I enjoy more seeing how true artists demonstrate their full potential, remember that this is sebastianangel's project, I am only his collaborator and as such I will do my best to make his ideas come true.

It's because the biggest gripe I had with this bootleg is playing ALWAYS in Chun-Li Stage when playing a versus.
Anyway, this inspires me to continue the minimal patch for MK II by Hummer.
Great, I hope your project comes to fruition, on the other hand, although we would like to fulfill all the requests they make us, I think it is better to be realistic, at the moment we are only two people to share all the tasks, when we manage to become a legion we can do what legions do, conquer small towns and eat sheep? Ok bad analogy :laugh:

cartridge_rom
I think it's going to be the first time that I can't agree with you, personally this illustration by Chun-Li is one of my favorites.

On the other hand, I recommend tracing the image in a vector program or resizing it using the bicubic interpolation method, and then reducing its colors :thumbsup:

Anime_World
That is not possible the map shares palettes with Chun-Li :P
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 03:23:17 pm by sics »
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

Xander max

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2020, 07:51:12 pm »
Xander max
The truth is that I was thinking of spending my time growing my YouTube channel by teaching this kind of thing, and of course also sharing some of my own projects, but I have never worked as a team with anyone, so it seemed like a great opportunity to participate here.

Speaking of the specific case of editing the transition screens of the game, I still think with what approach to approach it, since I do not know whether to focus on the main thing or also cover how I create the designs, find pointers, redirect data, etc., that's why I think that the audiovisual format was ideal for it.

What's more, the first title screen that I created for this hack, I was originally going to use it to record this tutorial, but then I hurt my back and it hurt to speak, so I only focused on finishing it to try to revive this great initiative.

If you do something like that I would be very grateful, your pixel art and the way you work is very interesting!
Get better and we'll wait for your tutorials!
Check out dozens of my projects on youtube!

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2020, 10:43:28 pm »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH IT IS AN APPROACH I THINK IT CAN BE IMPROVED! FOLLOWING OTHER TESTS :thumbsup:
::)
I take the opportunity to continue asking for collaboration in all possible areas of the game, I am excited about the idea of ​​finishing something at a higher level than I would have imagined in the beginning, I have all The songs of the game in middi format do not know if it is possible to pass them to famitracker? Also some ideas of many here to put more fighters seems very difficult, there is an idea in my head to incorporate a bunus stage, I do not know if it is possible :huh: but I love it! :woot!:
I am polishing the graphics a little, there is still a lot to do, I share some drawings

Anime_World

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2020, 11:12:48 pm »
Anime_World
That is not possible the map shares palettes with Chun-Li :P

Change Chun-li blue to transparent color and use blue bg. Get it?  ::)
Also you can use color cycling e palette swapping to get more colors.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2020, 05:09:02 am »
This project is spectacular, congratulations on the progress to those responsible for this spectacular work and programming :'(

Sics master art chief :beer: , this chun li exclusive ending always seemed more like Final Fight / Capcom art style to me.
the arcade original isn't bad, but it's very oriental and I think the art is more flat. :(

to all this Sics .. it would be possible to add the capcom intro logo at the beginning as rockman 6 with its theme music, it would be crazy :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PFLkdkqoBs&ab_channel=Synn

greetings to all
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 12:37:25 pm by cartridge_rom »

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2020, 10:14:56 am »
Thank you very much for the good vibes and the good advice that you give us from the beginning with this project, I think together we will achieve something very good! Then a variant I think is more successful of final ryu :woot!:

sics

• Contact me!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart: Terwilf
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2020, 01:30:19 pm »
Fuaaaaa   Tremendous illustrations, when I grow up I would like to be like you! :beer:

Anime_World
Although it would be interesting to achieve something like that, that sounds like something that is out of my reach :thumbsup:

cartridge_rom
The new arts that sebastianangel is working on are very ambitious, so we must make an effort to manage the available space to be able to dump all our ideas without the need to simplify them or expand the ROM.

The general idea is to move as much as possible to an unused data block that we have found previously and then recycle the sectors that we are releasing for other screens.

On the other hand, except for the first value of the new screens, everything else is created from scratch, so yes, we could indeed write additional screens, although it remains a mystery to us how to make them part of the game.

Xander max
I am very afraid to start with that, in general I see that professional hackers have very elaborate technical processes and for my part, either due to lack of knowledge or lack of talent, I look for practical solutions to reach similar results with the tools that I have on hand :-\
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 02:22:45 pm by sics »
twitter | deviantart | Better a small finished project than a thousand giant ideas stuck in your system.

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2020, 03:23:29 pm »
Ryu's ending art is amazing :o

I share this curiosity that I did not know, capcom had commissioned the license to a third-party company to develop Street Fighter II for "NES"
1992-93 / GamePro Magazine nº42
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 03:36:05 pm by cartridge_rom »

sebastianangel

• you can always improve
    • View Profile
    • sega genesis
« Reply #158 on: November 08, 2020, 03:30:53 pm »
very good information, for my part speaking with people from the east they tell me that the source code of the game is from capcom that later to promote snes I cancel the project and then someone borrowed it from the drawer :thumbsup:

cartridge_rom

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2020, 06:34:54 am »
I've been looking among all the unlicensed pirate port, although they are not the best tunes if they are the closest to the original arcade, including the intro and sound fighter selection, I believe in the idea that they could be extracted for this project, Would it be difficult to adapt them or do they have better melodies ?

had they already valued this option ?

this is the version with the melodies "close" to the arcade
Street Fighter II Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUoit5rKZVw&ab_channel=AnonymousWorld

- technical doubts :-\

Ryu / Ken's Hadōken can have the original blue / white color and not be fire orange ?

chunli could you add Kikoken sprite ?

the health bar has some very dull colors lemon yellow looks purple violet the color of damage, shouldn't it be red and deep yellow ? :-\

greetings to the team :woot!: