News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help needed to finish game translation  (Read 403 times)

bluephoenix

• View Profile
Help needed to finish game translation
« on: October 07, 2020, 03:45:23 pm »
It's been a while since I worked on translating Star Fox to Esperanto, but I want to pick up the project again and finish it. To do that, I desperately need help.

What's complete:
I have the majority of in-game dialog translated (I can finish the remaining text) and I have done a substantial amount of graphics work (title screen, control select, map, continue).

What I can do (or will attempt to do):
I will attempt to replace some of the sound clips. So far I think this is something I will be able to accomplish myself (cross your fingers)

What I need help with:
I need someone to help swap out sprites for the HUD during boss scenes and for the scramble scene. This seems like it should be easy-ish and something I can do, but I end up getting lost in what I think is fx chip code. If artwork is required, I can do that - but I've not been able to find how to replace them and map them correctly.

If someone would be willing to spend a few hours with me and teach me how to trace the code and do the replacement, I'd be appreciative. If they'd be willing to dig in and replace them for me - I'd be happy to contribute whatever skills I have to one of their projects to return the favor.