@OldSchoolGamer86, thank you for your interest and enthusiasm. Stick around, and I'm sure that there will be plenty of opportunity for testing, especially with the contemporary script insert that markus & spookdy are working on. I tend to not rely too much on testers in the early stages of nejimakipiyo & I's work, since my process for improving text relies on constantly inserting changes over the course of 3-4 consecutive plays. I can't get the text to my satisfaction just looking at script files. I need to be playing the game so I can capture the essence of the characters and bring out their unique personalities, so I end up doing a ton of my own testing along the way. But that all said, there are minor text errors I'll never see sometimes. For instance, I've done 3 consecutive revisions of a script and someone will still find a "the the" somewhere. So that's the point where I ask a few committed followers for help.
@markus / spookdy, thank you for the explanations and support. nejimakipiyo & I have been talking a lot about what our approach to this should optimally be. Several months ago, I got extremely busy and nejimakipiyo started taking the lead a lot more on our work, but now nejimakipiyo is getting more tied down and my mental bandwith and available time have been improving. I'll probably be the one who ends up working with the files and managing insertions. I'm going to start looking over everything you've made available now. If the English script and the Japanese are side by side in the data files, that would certainly make nejimakipiyo's process of auditing the translation a great deal easier. I'm very interested in when you all get to the point of having the insertion tools set up. That will allow me to do my usual trial and error process where I'll get comfortable with all the various opcodes, restrictions and other formatting requirements.
I'd imagine that there will be some challenges when it comes to text that isn't presented in text boxes. For instance, the text that appears on screen as a prologue to each new chapter. Or, I'm sure there will be some differently formatted text appearing as part of the ending sequence. Then we have the text in menus, etc. I'd imagine that all that stuff is going to require a lot of additional work.