News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help me find good footage or audio examples from these games  (Read 840 times)

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
Help me find good footage or audio examples from these games
« on: September 30, 2020, 06:17:59 am »
Intro and gameplay, longplay or audio uploads with good quality are what I'm looking for. Thank you.

List:
https://hg101.proboards.com/thread/14811/help-footage-audio-examples-games
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kUv7H-Qvx7eiEz21XghL6NGgOa1m8VQ818mnoCV8vPw/edit?usp=sharing

Edit:
Added a page on my site for CD audio (and LD audio) and have covered most games from 1988-1994 (I also ended up adding some MCD, FMT, Amiga and PC-FX chiptune OSTs to other pages). Just 1994 3DO games and possibly some PC-98 games left to add and then it's back to sequenced PS1 music.

https://minirevver.weebly.com/redbook-cd-audio.html
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:03:20 pm by PresidentLeever »
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Isao Kronos

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Help me find good footage or audio examples from these games
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 04:30:43 pm »
could you please post the list here somehow as well? pretty sure proboards has draconian anti-adblock and i'm technically banned from hg101 anyways.
will hackrom for Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 04:56:00 pm »
Well I wanted to keep it all in one place to not have to update several lists but I can put it in google docs instead:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kUv7H-Qvx7eiEz21XghL6NGgOa1m8VQ818mnoCV8vPw/edit?usp=sharing
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 07:35:16 pm »
Intro and gameplay, longplay or audio uploads with good quality are what I'm looking for. Thank you.
Perhaps there would be more incentive to do so if you could explain exactly what you're going to do with all this? It's a rather tall order.

pretty sure proboards has draconian anti-adblock
Not draconian at all. You can dismiss it with a single click.  (The link text is in yellow and is partially obscured, but it's there.)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 04:23:23 am »
One guy at HG101 did upload some cd audio clips from a game yesterday though. :)

I'm documenting which games had redbook music in them and if it's any good with a rough ranking, it's an extension of my retro sound chip tribute.

Easy to find and hq footage of all games should interest any gamer though I would think.

https://minirevver.weebly.com/redbook-cd-audio.html

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 12:23:45 pm »
could you please post the list here somehow as well? pretty sure proboards has draconian anti-adblock and i'm technically banned from hg101 anyways.

Yes, I much as I liked to read their site, I remember once getting a popup with an essay on how I'm a content thief or something for using Adblock, and I don't really like that!
I KNOW TVTropes did that, and you know what, aggressive anti-Adblock writer? I HAVEN'T VISITED YOUR SITE SINCE.
I only even have the AdBlock set to the default "only invasive" setting. Wonder if they're using a Wiki with that garbage that generates pop-up ads every time you click a link, or exit the site. Maybe then trying not using that shit?
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 01:03:15 pm »
Again you can just click no thanks.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 05:52:21 pm »
Oh yeah, zophar!

Thanks, I discovered a channel with a bunch more PCE CD ones I hadn't found before so I'll have to update that part of the list when I have the time.

yolomate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 11:31:29 am »
Oh yeah, zophar!

Thanks, I discovered a channel with a bunch more PCE CD ones I hadn't found before so I'll have to update that part of the list when I have the time.
ok you got it now!! :thumbsup:

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 02:21:32 pm »
Ultrabox 2-gou (PCE CD Redbook),Ultrabox 3-gou (PCE CD Redbook:

https://www.zophar.net/music/turbografx-16-hes/ultrabox-2-go
https://www.zophar.net/music/turbografx-16-hes/ultrabox-3-go
This is .HES music. (Or more specifically, the site provides .mp3 renditions of .HES music.)  This is not the same as redbook CD audio.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 06:02:34 pm »
The PCE packs include both chiptune and cd music, you can tell by the filenames and how they sound and I think the quality is good enough from comparing one game with a youtube upload.

Though I guess some tracks could be streaming audio as well? I haven't heard anything on there so far that sounded like it was streaming audio which on PC at the time, and Mega CD, would generally be in mono and lower quality. I think I've heard the equivalent for PCE in YT clips but those could be bad quality uploads.

Anyway that's PCE CD covered, up to and including 1994 for now.

Sanedan56

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2020, 05:36:15 pm »
The PCE packs include both chiptune and cd music, you can tell by the filenames and how they sound and I think the quality is good enough from comparing one game with a youtube upload.
Funnily enough, the site is missing many chiptune tracks, even for games that are have one or few CD tracks.

I think a search on Google should get some more results.

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2020, 06:44:32 pm »
Yeah and some youtube music uploads have chiptunes only, so they complement each other I guess.

With FM Towns it seems I'll have to start downloading some games.