News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: NES Pacman Championship Edition  (Read 1076 times)

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
NES Pacman Championship Edition
« on: September 26, 2020, 02:43:15 am »
Hello everyone, so i put pacman CE on my N8 to play on my AVS and it plays fine but has no right or left audio? I thought the Retro AVS has the extra famicom audio built in. Because i saw videos of castlevania 3 playing it on avs. It does play the pacman level music but no sound effect's or title screen music. Does the rom have to be hacked so the AVS knows to play the other music and sounds? I also tested on my old NES and same thing but i dont have the audio modded on that nes.

September 27, 2020, 09:41:38 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
225 views and 0 reply's, i guess no one know's what i am talking about.. .
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 09:41:38 pm by Arcade-Elite »

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: NES Pacman Championship Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 11:32:34 pm »
Probably not. The only thing I can say is that lots of games have issues with these sorts of cards to varying degrees.

Arcade-Elite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 12:22:00 am »
I figured it out for pacman, the extra audio only plays if you insert the everdrive threw the famicom port of a avs. Which is weird. So if you get a full audio Mr. Gimmick it will not have full audio threw the nes port only famicom. So i guess you would have to make a famicom mr. Gimmick. And fds games still dont work on avs but do on OG NES with the famicom N8. I guess they fixed all this with the N8 pro, but i cant spend over $100 just for 1 nes game.

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 01:02:45 am »
This isn't possible without modification on authentic NES hardware, or systems derived from it. The NES cartridge slot omitted the audio lines.