Currently there's no title for the hack yet.
The main core of the game will be preserved, with minor changes (more like fixes) to the dialogue.
That being said, here are some of the larger changes that are planned:
- Major exploits will be removed (chicken knife, etc)
- All elemental damage, etc will be one of the four elements in the story (Earth, Fire, Wind, Water)
- Jobs are received in a different order that makes more thematic sense according to crystal
- Butz and friends are unique characters with actual personalities and different stats (yes even Cara/Krile/budget Galuf)
- Some of them cannot use certain jobs
- Spells and abilities have been moved around
- A few jobs (Dancer and Beastmaster mainly) will be reworked to function differently but still be their namesake
- Jobs now have abilities that can only be used when the character is that job
- There are still abilities that can be transfered to other jobs
- Some abilities are added or changed, and some are removed entirely
- The Demons of the Rift (taking a note from Azulmagia or Apocalypse or whatever you call him) will each be a representation of one of the jobs.
- Job Leveling will be revamped, so that a level in a job gives a permanent stat boost to the character
- Thus, equipping a job no longer gives stats
- What job can use what equipment is altered
- Equipment overall is altered (a good 40% of it) with a variety of things like Bells being strong versus Undead
- Shop wares are, of course, changed so you can get appropriate equipment for your current jobs
- Equipment stats have been lowered and raised appropriately (in case that was unclear)
- No more Mime or Freelancer job (please hold off on the hate mail) but the fight with Gogo remains for different rewards
- Rework of enemy AI especially some particularly shitty bosses (Liquid Flame >.>)
- Update to names of abilities, spells, and monsters where able/appropriate
This is just a general overview. We would gratefully welcome any help on the project.