News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Tactics - Complete v2  (Read 1268 times)

kass

• Yabba Dabba Doo
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Tactics - Complete v2
« on: August 22, 2020, 04:23:34 am »
Got this here a while back(https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4508/), and am enjoying the game. It's well done. I'm a decent way through the game (dogoula pass) and there is a glitch.(?) After winning the battle it merely repeats. Leaving me stuck at this battle. Anyone else experience this? I'm disappointed because I was enjoying the game so much.

Isao Kronos

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Tactics - Complete v2
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 04:26:50 pm »
considering the author has previously been involved in FFT hacking community drama and the hack is a half-arsed job it's a wonder you got that far tbh
will hackrom for Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 06:29:29 pm »
You can probably get 99% of the content of that hack at ffhacktics.com. I think it's FFT Complete or The Lion War, with some other junk welded on it.

Make a thread there and someone will be along shortly with recommendations for you. Given the recent behavior of the hacker that made that mod, mention that he made it and link to the RHDN URL, and someone may debug that battle and the events used in it - fixing it for you - so they can laugh at him.

I personally recommend these hacks: "Journey of the Five" and "The Lion War", though unfortunately for me the former doesn't work on a PSP or PS1 yet.

There's also the best FFTA/2 hacking community there, and there are a few FFT mods at NGPlus.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 06:51:05 pm by MysticLord »

PowerPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 07:57:27 pm »
With most FFT Hacks, the save file can be loaded into the vanilla game. Just load up your save in vanilla, beat the battle, and load it back.

kass

• Yabba Dabba Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 10:36:49 pm »
thank you everyone

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 11:36:22 pm »
What is the best way to play through FFT for the first time these days, anyway? Is the vanilla PSP version still a perfectly good experience?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 08:18:56 am »
What is the best way to play through FFT for the first time these days, anyway? Is the vanilla PSP version still a perfectly good experience?

I and many others would recommend the PSP version with the slowdown patch installed. For some reason, the vanilla PSP version slows a bunch of animations down to half their normal speed.

Dakitty

• You've got kitten on you
    • View Profile
    • Give monies 4 vidz 'n art plz
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 11:12:40 am »
Not to mention that the translation has always been a mess, but the psp version at least has some flavor to it. I'd endorse finding a pstv and playing it on a nice big screen... that or emulate it on something nice using retroarch.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 01:42:15 pm »
Oh, I still have PSP Go all hooked up with the dock and everything. I even purchased the game legitimately! No idea how I would patch it, though.

(By the time I finally get around to playing it, there will probably be a PC version available for five bucks on a Steam sale.)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!