News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mario Golf 64 Request: All characters, including the GBC characters available  (Read 1111 times)

duffmmann

• View Profile
So I dunno if I'm allowed to ask for specific hacks, but if I can, I'd like to ask if someone that knows what they're doing could hack Mario Golf 64.  It's easy enough to unlock all characters available in game, but even when you do, 4 character icons will remain blank, these are the Game Boy Color characters, they can only be imported with the Game Boy transfer pack, and they can't be saved in the game, when you turn the game off, they disappear until you put the transfer pack and game boy game in again.  This character select screen never being complete really triggers my OCD, and I can't add these characters in because I don't have a transfer pack for my actual N64, and more often than not I actually play Mario Golf on my hack Wii U where I'd never have the option.  My first thought was, ah, well I'll just find gameshark codes to add these players, and I found the codes I need:

Enable Code (Must Be On)   F10B1670 2400
Unlock ??   810C2900 000E
Unlock ??   810C2902 000F
Unlock ??   810C2904 0010
Unlock ??   810C2906 0011

But again, I play on the Wii U where I don't have access to a gameshark for N64 games, so I found a program called GGGuy64 that is supposed to patch gameshark codes directly to .z64 rom files, but when I try to play the patched rom, it will not load.  So I've come to my final thought, can someone hack the game to have these characters always unlocked? You could really go an extra mile if you could give them names (names are custom since they're based on what you name them in the GBC game, so they appear as ?? if unlocked with the gameshark code, but they do have real default names: Kid, Sherry, Joe, and Azalea, you can match the names with their likeness here: https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Golf_(Game_Boy_Color)).  And then one more extra thing that would be great would be to give them each custom stats, as again their stats are determined by what you made them in the Game Boy game, but surely hacking the game would allow one to adjust these stats appropriately to be in the same tiers as other available players. 

I know, big request, but you don't see too many N64 mods outside of Mario and Zelda rom hacks, and this one would serve a pretty practical and appreciated desire that the game typically otherwise goes without.

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
here's a (maybe) stupid question.

is it possible there is a way to hack a Mario Golf 64 rom, and a Mario Golf GBC rom together with a patch that makes the N64 always think there is a transfer pak with MG:GBC always inserted into it,

so just end up with a .z64 file that automatically has the GBC game in it for playing and for DLCs?

duffmmann

• View Profile
here's a (maybe) stupid question.

is it possible there is a way to hack a Mario Golf 64 rom, and a Mario Golf GBC rom together with a patch that makes the N64 always think there is a transfer pak with MG:GBC always inserted into it,

so just end up with a .z64 file that automatically has the GBC game in it for playing and for DLCs?

No, such a thing does not exist as far as I know.