News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Hey Digimon! English Translation of Tag Tamers is now available  (Read 1949 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: USC

Just in time for the game's 20th anniversary, the English translation of Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers has been released!

Years in the making, this is the author's largest project to date. In addition to the translation itself, screen layouts and the game's code have been altered to better accommodate the longer English names. Several visual glitches from the original game have also been fixed to improve the experience.

Get ready to purify evil Digimon, fuse your Digimon partners together for more power (seriously, you'll be doing that a lot), and save TWO Digital Worlds!
Now you have the opportunity to ponder the question that has stumped fans for over 20 years:
How does the timeline between the games, the anime, and the movie even work!?

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

kaiisen

• View Profile
This is so cool, I'll definitely try this one!

The graphics looks neat, and it's Digimon!

Thank you so much for all your work!

Be safe.   :cookie::thumbsup:

EDIT: This is awesome! I was just doing some search, and there's a lot of Digimon for WonderSwan. Not just that, but also a sequel of this one in colors. I'm so into this now! I'll be playing this whole, hoping that we will see it's sequel translated in the future :laugh: thank you very much!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:04:01 am by kaiisen »

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
kaiisen: Thanks! I hope you're enjoying the game.
My goal is to translate D-1 Tamers and Brave Tamers as well, and work back to Anode/Cathode Tamers too at some point (although there already exists an official English release of those games on the WSC. It's not fantastic, but you'll get the story at least).

julayla

• View Profile
This is great. Thank you for doing these translations. I'll be sure to enjoy the Wonderswan games when I get the chance.

MarkDarkness

• View Profile
Didn't even know this existed! Good to see.

Hidetovtamer

• View Profile

Hi, although I always frequent the page to download patches for my favorite games, this type of contribution made me comment, first of all I want to thank the people who made this patch possible and the admins of the page for hosting it. I am the admin of a community of Spanish-speaking digimon of more less 300 people and when I posted the patch in my group giving you deserved credit of course, everything was revolutionized, everyone is very happy because it was something they had been waiting for a long time. in my particular case, I had been waiting for a patch since I was 13 years old. We would like to see other translated games such as D1 tamers and Brave Tamers, I think that would close the cycle of ignorance that exists between games that are relevant to anime, besides that tag tamers is being super fun. I understand if you do not address these projects, but I saw many people who tried in the past and failed due to lack of knowledge, I think you are the only ones who can! So please ... accept my request :(. In case you don't do it, you have my eternal gratitude for the quality work you did with the tag tamers, it is impeccable.

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
Hidetovtamer: I'm glad you're enjoying Tag Tamers! I'm actually working with someone right now who wants to translate the game into Spanish, so hopefully that will help it reach more fans of the series.

I am also planning on translating D-1 and Brave Tamer. I'm currently coding a new editor that will let me work on all three games, plus the original Anode/Cathode Tamer games. When I have enough to show for D-1 Tamer I'll start a thread in the projects section.