News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I'm tearing my hair out here and hope you can provide some answers  (Read 311 times)

NecroCombine666

• View Profile
I'm a ps2 player wanting to play a slew of games but running into issues and quite a few are translated. I'm using freemcboot, popstarter and opl.

Here's the ones causing me grief. Any ideas or tips would be awesome

Has anyone ever gotten the following PS1 games to work in popstarter or tips on how to do so?
Clock tower the first fear
Echo Night 2
NBA jam TE
PARASITE EVE 2
Xenogears
Policenauts
Final fantasy tactics?
Ffv has bad sound

but clock tower does everything perfect but the menu and so on. Logos, intro fmv then black, Echo Night 2 does nothing, NBA jam I can carry all the way to selecting head to head then black screen. Xenogears is basically a strobe light, Policenauts is just black screen, parasite eve 2 is 0 audio, FFV sounds like a half inserted nintendo cartridge and Final Fantasy Tactics literally works perfect except the font in certain menus is missing

Even if you know of a better place to ask that would be awesome

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tearing my hair out here and hope you can provide some answers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 11:26:30 am »
I see you simultaneously asked your question at https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-assistance-or-input-on-how-you-fared-with-these-games.571328/ with another terrible subject line so I assume you're not just another spambot.

Don't you think it would be much more helpful to use a subject line like "I can't get these PS1 games to work with Popstarter" rather than talking about your hair?

The next thing to do would be to check a compatibility list. I found https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/page/popstarter-compatibility-list-f in two minutes on Google which suggests that some versions of FFV are indeed known to have problems.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

NecroCombine666

• View Profile
Re: I'm tearing my hair out here and hope you can provide some answers
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 11:53:38 am »
simultaneously huh?

And yeah I'm well aware of compatability lists but what I'm not aware of is when they were last updated, if anyone has resolved the issues or what's so gratifying about being an ass to someone who enjoys the same hobby as you. I'm new to popstarter and am simply trying to experience clock tower tff and persona and echo night 2 translated like I already am with a couple of other translations