News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [Translation Request] Cross Hunters & Devil Children  (Read 853 times)

rogueKlyntar

• View Profile
[Translation Request] Cross Hunters & Devil Children
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:53:42 pm »
New user and absolutely not hacker material here, so if there is another place to put this plz tell me.

I've been looking for translations of a number of Japan-only games and it's really frustrating since almost literally all of them have some bit of English in the title which few people would have understood at the time they were released, which makes it :banghead:ingly frustrating when I think I've finally found a translation, when all along I just didn't know the original title was in English. To minimize the differences between games to translate while still going for maximal variety, I've selected two series: Cross Hunter 3 versions: Monster, Treasure and X) and Devil Children (3 versions: Red, Black and White).

If anybody can translate these or even just two of these, one from each series, or knows somebody who could do so, I'd really appreciate it. This virus thing has me bored out of my mind
"Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest." - Patricia Tannis, Borderlands 2

SteppoBlazer

• View Profile
Re: [Translation Request] Cross Hunters & Devil Children
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 07:21:19 am »
Not to be rude or anything, but since as you said you're bored and got lots of time on your hands, wouldn't be a reasonable idea to start learning how to translate such games yourself?

rogueKlyntar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 12:18:07 pm »
I don't know any Japanese at all. I know English (obviously), French and Spanish to fluency, majored in Latin and French, took four semesters of German, learned elementary Ancient Greek, Chinese, Old English and Old Norse. I know for sure that Japanese is too different from these languages (except Chinese, which I haven't had in over fifteen years) for me to start learning now. Greek was hard enough after being so used to Latin. As for computer langauges, I tried learning Java for fun in my freshman year. I got a D. I don't even know why. I should have gotten an F. So that's not an option either.

EDIT: I am also busy working on a game guide for GameFAQs.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:55:03 pm by rogueKlyntar »
"Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest." - Patricia Tannis, Borderlands 2

cccmar

• View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 03:40:44 pm »
I'm sure this thread is gonna get locked soon probably (no translation requests is the forum rule), but before that happens - I'm pretty sure someone's working on Devil Children games. No idea how far along they are though, it will probably take a couple years to get that project done. No idea about the other games. And yeah, Japanese is the language when it comes to console game translations, since they got tons of exclusives.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 02:42:59 pm »
Yes, please read the rules at the top of this subforum.
This subforum is for asking for script translation discussion, translations for games YOU are working on. That means a game YOU plan to be the primary ROM hacker on.

If you want to just request others work on it, this thread is the only permitted place.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018