News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mortal kombat 1 Sega CD disable shang tsung morphs  (Read 1210 times)

-pepodmc

• Subiendo videos supercampeones Nes 28/5/2020
    • View Profile
Mortal kombat 1 Sega CD disable shang tsung morphs
« on: July 23, 2020, 01:56:46 pm »
Hello.

I tried to configure the "DOS CD" version of mortal kombat 1 in dosbox, but it has a strange refresh rate problem that i could never find a solution.

So, i tried the sega cd version of mortal kombat 1 and i liked it, but it has one problem: Shang tsung morphs.

Every time he morphs, the game stops for 1 or 2 seconds to load the character that shang tsung will transform into. And it "breaks" the fight.

I want to know if, via hex hacking, there is a way to disable shang tsung morphs entirely. I dont care if he doesnt morph into anyone.

Can anyone help me with this?
Nuevos videos de mis traducc. desde el 28/5/2020 porque hay usuarios que se hacen pasar por mi con respecto a las traducciones.
https://www.youtube.com/user/pepomega/videos?view_as=subscriber

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal kombat 1 Sega CD disable shang tsung morphs
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 11:38:11 am »
It will almost certainly be easier to sort out the problems with the DOS version in DOSBox than it will be to hack the Sega CD version.  There is already much discussion of the game in the DOSBox forums.  (It's also for sale on GOG.)

A better question is, why don't you just emulate the arcade original rather than mess with ports?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!