News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Rogue Hearts Dungeon Translation Released  (Read 3544 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Rogue Hearts Dungeon Translation Released
« on: July 02, 2020, 08:29:51 am »

Update By: saito

Roguelike fans rejoyce! Today is released the full translation of Rogue Hearts Dungeon for the Ps2.

The game is somewhat not very popular, but it was developed for Nethack's fan base, so if you like these kind of games don't hesitate to play.

The patch translates every in game text, even if this a beta you will not encounter serious bugs.

This beta lacks some esthetics fixes but it is a full translation.

For more information please grab and read the readme file.

Enjoy!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

dumbaxel

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Rogue Hearts Dungeon Translation Released
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 11:47:47 pm »
Ah, I already played it up to the third (and arguably last since the fourth one is a bonus?) dungeon. Good job so far.

The only major issue that I had here is about the garbled/untranslated treasure menu contents which is supposedly an integral part of the game (since that's where you purchase your "upgrades" with your hard earned medals, levels and equipments don't carry over between dungeons just like the regular shirenlikes). The story dialogue could use some ironing too, but I guess you won't have too think about it too much if it's the space constraints you're dealing with. Still, thanks for your hard work translating the game. This one is quite enjoyable despite of its short length and
Spoiler:
lack of boss monsters of any kind.

sectarian46

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 06:44:43 am »
Wow! Another translated japanese game  :crazy: Thank you so much for your hard work!  :thumbsup: I love roguelike games!

paul_met

• View Profile
    • Meduza Team
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 02:56:52 pm »
The distance between the characters is too large.

Svit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 12:40:36 am »
The "treasure" option is not translated. This is a very important menu in the game.

saito

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 08:39:02 am »
Ah, I already played it up to the third (and arguably last since the fourth one is a bonus?) dungeon. Good job so far.

The only major issue that I had here is about the garbled/untranslated treasure menu contents which is supposedly an integral part of the game (since that's where you purchase your "upgrades" with your hard earned medals, levels and equipments don't carry over between dungeons just like the regular shirenlikes). The story dialogue could use some ironing too, but I guess you won't have too think about it too much if it's the space constraints you're dealing with. Still, thanks for your hard work translating the game. This one is quite enjoyable despite of its short length and
Spoiler:
lack of boss monsters of any kind.

Thank you very much all for your kind words. Please if you have the time I'd like if it's not a bother for you to have an screenshot of the text. Thank you very much.

Ps: Paul, this game needs a vwf hack in order to display properly, that's why the separation between characters.

The "treasure" option is not translated. This is a very important menu in the game.

I saw the display of treasures, sorry it was somewhat garbled with
debugger messages, now is translated what was missing.

That menu has a serious memory issue, I'll try my best to make it at least readable, but don't expect something good looking.

Please keep on posting any issue that isn't informed in the readme you encounter. You can also email the bugs.

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:56:43 am by saito »
.: TransGen :.

paul_met

• View Profile
    • Meduza Team
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 09:58:14 am »
Ps: Paul, this game needs a vwf hack in order to display properly, that's why the separation between characters.
No need for VWF. It is enough to reduce the step with which the characters are displayed.

saito

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 06:07:08 am »
No need for VWF. It is enough to reduce the step with which the characters are displayed.

I prefer a vwf if the work is done on the font. However anyone can contribute to the translation with addendums, so if you think you can polish the translation or hacking I encourage you to do it.

Medal Menu is arranged, still some annoying memory glitches in the medal price display.

Please if you encounter anything more don't hesitate to inform.
The update with fixes should be done in two weeks or less.

Thank you very much and regards.

Edited:

Already updated the patch to the new version. It should show up around the page in a few days.
Had to change the patch to xdelta, because of some modifications I made to the game.

Thanks and hope you like the update.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 05:45:47 pm by saito »
.: TransGen :.