News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: English Translation of the GB Memory Multi Menu Released!  (Read 2426 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: orangeglo

The English translation of the menu software for the Nintendo GB Memory flash cartridge is released! This patch translates all Japanese text into English, with the exception of the stylized "News" ticker at the bottom.

Available in Japan from March 2000 to Sept 2001, the GB Memory cartridge was an official Nintendo product that could be flashed with multiple games at kiosks available in department stores.

Hacker orangeglo has been working with the GB Memory Multi Menu ROM for some time, creating a website (GBNP) that allows users to build a new menu ROM with the games they desire.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

VicVergil

• View Profile
Really impressive job! I hope the SNES equivalent gets something similar.
Is there any hope the tool to add new games to the menu could be made offline one day?

flyingclimber

• amateur rom hacker, translator, and developer
    • View Profile
Great. I have one of these and have really wanted to change what's on it. Just need to build my cartridge dumper first.

orangeglo

• View Profile
Is there any hope the tool to add new games to the menu could be made offline one day?

If you download the repo from github, you can run the entire website offline pretty easily. Everything runs in the browser so there is no dependency on a server!

There's also this Window's only program, which I based my work on. I often use a Mac, so that was my main motivation to making the web based tool. But my website has more features at this point  :)

I'd love to take a look at the SNES version in the future, though I believe it works a little differently. But I imagine the framework of the site could remain very similar.

July 20, 2020, 03:04:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)

Just found the SNES equivalent of the Window's program I linked above, hope it helps!

SF-Memory-Binary-Maker
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:04:05 pm by orangeglo »