News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Spoofs allowed here?  (Read 693 times)

RimHax

• View Profile
Spoofs allowed here?
« on: June 30, 2020, 12:42:33 pm »
So I've been working on a spoof/bad translation of a certain snes title for the past 2 months, was curious if spoofs are allowed on this site or if they're being shuffled out. I noticed they're still listed under the "completed" hack, but they don't have any category of their own. Not under translation either....  :huh:

Additionally, am I supposed to upload this thing to the scratchpadbox thing or use another offsight uploader like mediafire or megaupload? :huh:

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Spoofs allowed here?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 09:32:35 am »
Pending word from the staff then I don't think they are in a hurry to become the next spoof hack central but at the same time they are enjoyed by many in both ROM hacking and the wider emulation/flash cart/mod chip set. To that end a hack with some effort made in it (and going all humorous spoof/satire/samurai pizza cats on a game would be that rather than a 5 minute sprite hack) will be accepted provided the proper submission is made (relevant fields filled in, noted clearly as a spoof to prevent those wanting a more conventional translation, all of which help it be found and used anyway so yeah).

The uploader thing wants a direct link, which most file hosters/file lockers do not provide, hence the scratchpad as a temporary thing for those that don't otherwise have their own hosting.

J^P

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 10:23:41 am »
there is always baddesthacks.net :angel:(HEAVY NSFW warning, click at your own risk, dont open if you get triggered easily).

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 12:31:20 pm »
there is always baddesthacks.net :angel:(HEAVY NSFW warning, click at your own risk, dont open if you get triggered easily).

this ain't it, chief

RimHax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 01:04:47 pm »
Pending word from the staff then I don't think they are in a hurry to become the next spoof hack central but at the same time they are enjoyed by many in both ROM hacking and the wider emulation/flash cart/mod chip set. To that end a hack with some effort made in it (and going all humorous spoof/satire/samurai pizza cats on a game would be that rather than a 5 minute sprite hack) will be accepted provided the proper submission is made (relevant fields filled in, noted clearly as a spoof to prevent those wanting a more conventional translation, all of which help it be found and used anyway so yeah).

The uploader thing wants a direct link, which most file hosters/file lockers do not provide, hence the scratchpad as a temporary thing for those that don't otherwise have their own hosting.
Alright, see, that's the small problem I was having, because on one hand you say "noted clearly as a spoof" but they specifically went out of the way to make it unnoticeable as a difference at a glance from a regular hack since it has to be submitted via "complete" rather than "translation" or "spoof"(the latter doesn't exist at all as an option).  I put it in the description that it was a spoof so, hopefully that's clear enough.

to be fair, the pirate fight in samurai pizza cats wasn't half bad. :happy:

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 02:39:29 pm »
Alright, see, that's the small problem I was having, because on one hand you say "noted clearly as a spoof" but they specifically went out of the way to make it unnoticeable as a difference at a glance from a regular hack since it has to be submitted via "complete" rather than "translation" or "spoof"(the latter doesn't exist at all as an option).  I put it in the description that it was a spoof so, hopefully that's clear enough.

to be fair, the pirate fight in samurai pizza cats wasn't half bad. :happy:
Honestly, the Complete category is an enigma to me and I'm not sure why it exists at this point.  Almost everything that I would say is Complete is listed under Improvement.  At least Spoof filled an obvious role.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:52:25 pm by Chronosplit »