News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Metal Max 3 v1.0 English Translation  (Read 3214 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Metal Max 3 v1.0 English Translation
« on: June 30, 2020, 08:30:42 am »

Update By: meunierd

After 5 years and thousands of hours of work, Metal Dreamers is proud to present a complete, and fully playable English translation of Crea-Tech's Metal Max 3 for the Nintendo DS.

The Metal Max series is a long-running but little-known JRPG series, at least in the west. They combine traditional JRPG gameplay with the free-form progression typical of CRPGs. The games are basically open-world, with not too much in the way of story most of the time, instead focusing on entertaining NPC dialogue and side quests, an interesting world to explore, and TANKS. Lots and lots of tanks, which you can freely customize.

You start the game dead and are soon revived by a mad scientist, but you have no memory of how you died or who you are. Soon, you meet a girl about to be shipped off to an arranged marriage that she doesn't want. The story unfolds as you try to find out who you were, why you died, and how your fate is intertwined with that girl's. We hope you enjoy this wacky post-apocalypse!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

sectarian46

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Metal Max 3 v1.0 English Translation
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 03:03:22 pm »
This is absolutely stunning news! Thank you for your hard work! It's a truly precious gift for all JRPG fans.  :thumbsup: :)

kaiisen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:55:08 am »
Been playing it for a couple days now, and man this is amazing! The dialogues are fun, the enemies might surprise you with easy to damn unexpected hard fights, there's so much to explore! I want to savour bits of the game, slowly, only expecting what's yet to come. Thank you so much for translating! It's a beautiful work!

Also, thanks to all groups that have been translating so much lately. I don't know if it's just coincidence with the times we're living in, but there are many translations and it feels like they're coming out to help and make things more bareable.

Thank you!

crabnebulafoxhunt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 04:34:29 am »
I really enjoyed Metal Max returns. I can't wait to try Metal Max 3!!  :crazy: Thank you for the hard work

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 03:37:06 pm »
Having a great time with this. Great work & congratulations!

P41R47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 04:41:21 pm »
Thanks for making this translation!!! I love Metal Max games!!!

Just a suggestion, made two patchers, one for 32 bits and other for 64 bits.

I have a 32 bits WIN7 and i had to search an xdelta3 patcher compatible with 32 bits.

Just a suggestion as maybe other people don't know much about those things and they will not know what to do.

Aside from that, its just perfect ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 06:40:14 pm by P41R47 »

MetalFan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 01:52:04 am »
Thanks guys! Glad you liked. Hope we can bring you Metal Max 2 Reloaded too sometime in the future.;)

kaiisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 04:24:46 am »
Man, I bought 99 M-Tolls and dropped all of them only to buy all of them back from the poor lady outside the Shelter like 5x already.

She breaks my heart every time :'( I only wants her to be able to feed her little ones.

baby_cart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 05:54:12 am »
Man, I bought 99 M-Tolls and dropped all of them only to buy all of them back from the poor lady outside the Shelter like 5x already.

She breaks my heart every time :'( I only wants her to be able to feed her little ones.

I did as well, made it a habit. But I travelled to the other village to sell the M-Tolls for stamps...

Guess what?
Spoiler:
Better days are coming for them! Just keep at it!

meunierd

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 07:51:46 am »

You only need to do it the once. The flag is tripped and eventually that questline will advance :)

Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone. We're looking forward to bringing Metal Max 2 Reloaded to you all soon!

MarkDarkness

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 03:08:25 am »
Wow... I vanish from the scene for a bit and come back to these AWESOME NEWS! Big fan of Metal Max Returns! Have been looking enviously at these DS-3DS releases... but no more. Thank you!

kaiisen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 09:33:55 am »
You only need to do it the once. The flag is tripped and eventually that questline will advance :)

Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone. We're looking forward to bringing Metal Max 2 Reloaded to you all soon!

That's just... oh My Gosh!  :crazy:

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 05:11:02 pm »
Been playing it some days ago, and it's really nice :) Thanks to the crew involved on this one, and my wish of success with your next projects :thumbsup:

galneon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2020, 01:55:39 am »
Seeing this series get some translation love is a dream come true. Thank you!

haouea

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 06:49:33 pm »
Whoa, thanks so much guys. This game is AWESOME! A hidden gem for the DS for sure, and everything about your release is impeccable!

baby_cart

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 01:27:13 pm »

AWESOME! Thanks for bringing these gems to light! Eagerly waiting for MM2R! :woot!:

MeshGearFox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 11:13:17 am »
Just curious, but what's the Caravan Scene version you're not supposed to use? I've had a physical copy of MM3 for a while and it's definitely not that version judging from the checksums.

meunierd

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 09:17:01 am »
Almost all NDS warez scene releases are bad dumps with incorrect header information. Modern dumpers should handle it correctly.