News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Rockman&Forte - Ground Man's stage  (Read 415 times)

Bregalad

• View Profile
Rockman&Forte - Ground Man's stage
« on: June 04, 2020, 10:18:27 am »
Is it possible, either legimately or by hacking/cheating, to reach that part of Ground Man's stage ?

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
Re: Rockman&Forte - Ground Man's stage
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 01:44:25 pm »
What part of the stage? Are you playing as Mega Man or Bass?

EDIT: you're not supposed to use the scratchpad as a random image uploader, dawg

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 02:09:14 pm »
What part of the stage? Are you playing as Mega Man or Bass?
The part shown on the image. Do you see it ?

It's the part before the fight with a miniboss, it appears you can go right but you're forced to fall in a sandfall and end up in the mini-boss room. It always frustrated me that I can't continue right and see an alternate path for the stage.

It doesn't matter whether we're playing as Mega Man or Bass, the issue is the same.

EDIT: you're not supposed to use the scratchpad as a random image uploader, dawg
Sorry I don't have any alternative, I don't have any personal web space anymore. It's the fault of this forum for not allowing people to attach images to posts like we can on nesdev for instance.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:17:06 pm »
Then use imgur or something, I don't know.

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 05:40:24 pm »
You could probably edit the player x/y coordinates, but there's nothing over there anyway (well, besides the rest of the level behind the wall there).
Spoiler:

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 05:57:09 pm »
Oh... ok. So you wouldn't be able to pass trhough that wall and have a shorcut through the level, would you ? Because some levels have secret and alternate paths I would have thought it was one.

Are the red squares indicating enemies' initial locations ? If so, I suppose it's an invisible "enemy" that pushes you down through the sandfall even when you want to go right. This has frustrated me for so many years.

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 12:17:46 am »
Oh... ok. So you wouldn't be able to pass trhough that wall and have a shorcut through the level, would you ? Because some levels have secret and alternate paths I would have thought it was one.
No, there is an invisible wall blocking you from getting over there (which is why you fall down), and then the wall of the room blocks you too.
If you want to get over there, first enter the room and then change RAM address $7E:0C05 to the value $C0 (this is the high-byte of the player's x-coordinate).

Are the red squares indicating enemies' initial locations ? If so, I suppose it's an invisible "enemy" that pushes you down through the sandfall even when you want to go right. This has frustrated me for so many years.
Yeah, the editor doesn't support enemy/object graphics loading yet for RM&F (and is not being worked on by anyone currently, the editor has been worked on by at least three people at this point, and the source code is available on github).
The box that marks the object in the room before the mini-boss is for the stage checkpoint. A flag is set in RAM when the player passes it so you can respawn there if you die.