News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Mystical Ninja Arrives on the NES  (Read 2931 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Mystical Ninja Arrives on the NES
« on: May 24, 2020, 11:08:18 am »

Update By: El Duderino

Before the Legend of the Mystical Ninja, there was simply the Mystical Ninja.

At last, Goemon's adventures have received localized title screens, hitting the shores as Mystical Ninja.  A title screen that would have been included in the Western release.

Ganbare Goemon, Ganbare Goemon 2, and Ganbare Goemon Gaiden have all been updated to Mystical Ninja, Mystical Ninja 2, and Mystical Ninja Saga of the Golden Pipe.

Enjoy the Westernized Goemon adventures.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Ray572

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Mystical Ninja Arrives on the NES
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 06:00:52 pm »
I like the project, the good thing is that 4 of the 4 Goemon are already translated into English and Spanish and 3 of the 4 already have their title Westernized by you.

Ganbare Goemon! - Karakuri Douchuu                               (Mystical Ninja)
Ganbare Goemon 2 (Japan)                                              (Mystical Ninja 2)
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden - Kieta Ougon Kiseru (Japan)      (Mystical Ninja 3 - The Missing Golden Pipe)
Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2 - Tenka no Zaihou (Japan)       (Mystical Ninja 4 - Treasures of the World)

Only the 4 would be left to put its respective western title. Is it in your plans?

El Duderino

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Mystical Ninja Arrives on the NES
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 06:35:31 pm »
Thank you.

The goal was to complete all 4, but I ran into issues with Gaiden 2. The current title screen has a lot of tiles that repeat and I don't know how to address repeating tiles with my skill set, so I hit a wall.

If something comes to me I'll do it. But it's looking unlikely based on the challenges of the file.