News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Final Fantasy VII (PSX) German Retranslation Patch Released  (Read 17986 times)

Lucumo

• View Profile
Square-Enix also put Bavarian and Platt German into their official translations lately, so I see where this idea came from ;)
Wow, I didn't think I was able to dislike them even more but apparently, it is possible. Whoever came up with this idea needs to get whipped. Oh, that beautiful language, trampled and spit on by those fools.

Ikkusu

• View Profile
Wow, I didn't think I was able to dislike them even more but apparently, it is possible. Whoever came up with this idea needs to get whipped. Oh, that beautiful language, trampled and spit on by those fools.
I think they did an outstandig job with the german dragon quest 8+9 and (especially) final fantasy 9 translations. Wouldn't it be boring to have every single person in the game speak "normally"? Putting all those various dialects and accents into the game is a good way to preserve certain characteristics that might get lost during translation. They did just the right thing IMO (so did cebix) and I embrace that! :thumbsup:

Bregalad

• View Profile
Wow, after playing some more I have to say this translation looks amazing. It really looks like FF7 was meant to be played in German from the very start.

I had never realized before, but there is a strong connexion between FF7 and Germany. Not only towns have German names (Kalm, Nibelheim, Mideel) but the houses are also clearly of traditional german architecture. Midgar is split in two halves, where enormous equalities between quality of live between both halves, just like Berlin was, and is also incredibly endless huge, just like Berlin is. As for ShinRa, it obviously reminds the strong military and totalitarianism past of Germany.

It would be awesome if I could get a dicionary embedded in the playstation to look up for unknown words (there is many many many of them everywhere...)

As for dialects, it seems Jesse speaks swiss-german. For the others I can of course not recognize them but that's still probably a good idea.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
Hello Cebix

I have been told that there are some problems when inserting the {CHOICE} command. In your readme file it says:

The {CHOICE} code just indents the text to make room for the hand
        cursor, nothing else. The number of choices and the line numbers
        containing them are hard-coded in the field scripts, and the 'trans'
        tool will not automatically adjust them. If you want to change these
        you must use a script editor such as Makou Reactor.

Can you please make it possible to automatically adjust them?

dreambird1973

• View Profile
I really do not understand how to patch this. I have the .bin files in the correct sizes and the "Patchprogram" which is only 5 Files, that I do not know what I should do with them. This is no programm at all. And I have the 3 patchfiles. I googled and googled but could not ever find a solution to this problem.