News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Eliminate cutting songs on Neo Geo CD  (Read 1316 times)

BootSector08

• View Profile
Eliminate cutting songs on Neo Geo CD
« on: May 17, 2020, 10:55:36 pm »
The intention here is to put the full tracks in the games to run in the Raine emulator.
Hello everyone! I recently picked up the Z80 study book. However, I think it is too much content for something simple. I would like some solution to eliminate the exchange of music in games like The King of Fighters 95, 96, for example. The Raine Emulator is able to keep the song while loading through the option "Sound Options -> Awiays stop CD music while loading", however, when the round starts, another track starts without continuing the music. Does anyone know about any solution?

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: Eliminate cutting songs on Neo Geo CD
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 12:14:06 am »
The Raine Emulator is able to keep the song while loading through the option "Sound Options -> Awiays stop CD music while loading"
You realize that this is something that would never be possible on real hardware, right?  The real hardware would have to stop playing the CD audio in order to actually load program data from the disc.

Accordingly, it would probably be easier to look at Raine's source code and see if there is some way to make it selectively ignore commands to start playing CD audio.

(Why are you using Raine, anyway? That's not something I hear about very often, especially for Neo-Geo CD games.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:54:43 am by Jorpho »
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!