News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translate these 2 lines from the recently dumped Crystal Guardian (BS-X)  (Read 2158 times)

reyvgm

• View Profile
Crystal Guardian for the Satellaview / BS-X was recently dumped by Kiddo Kabuses, and the only Japanese the game has is in the credits. Would anyone mind translating what it says?

Thanks!

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Thus a new era begins.

reyvgm

• View Profile
Thus a new era begins.

Seriously? Weird. Why would that phrase by used as a "thanks"?

Well, thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:08:22 pm by reyvgm »

nattou

• View Profile
Seriously? Weird. Why would that phrase by used as a "thanks"?

Well, thanks for the help!

I can confirm the translation FWIW. The Japanese text for copy/paste purposes is そして新たな時代が始まる

I don't believe it's part of the "thanks", but together with the thanks presents a sort of "sign off", an indication that the credits are over.

reyvgm

• View Profile
I can confirm the translation FWIW. The Japanese text for copy/paste purposes is そして新たな時代が始まる

I don't believe it's part of the "thanks", but together with the thanks presents a sort of "sign off", an indication that the credits are over.

Makes sense, thanks!

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Yeah, it does almost seem like part of the credits, but it might just be a general thanks and sign off message.

My suspicion is that it could be a reference, but a quick Google search only comes up with a reference to the French revolution as particularly promising. I wouldn't worry too much about it.